The questions remain the same. The answers are eternally variable.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Tesla 3 Power failure?

SubjectAuthor
* Tesla 3 Power failure?Clocky
+- Tesla 3 Power failure?Yosemite Sam
`* Tesla 3 Power failure?Yosemite Sam
 `* Tesla 3 Power failure?Clocky
  `* Tesla 3 Power failure?keithr0
   `* Tesla 3 Power failure?Yosemite Sam
    `* Tesla 3 Power failure?keithr0
     +* Tesla 3 Power failure?Noddy
     |`- Tesla 3 Power failure?Yosemite Sam
     `* Tesla 3 Power failure?Yosemite Sam
      +* Tesla 3 Power failure?alvey
      |+* Tesla 3 Power failure?Clocky
      ||`- Tesla 3 Power failure?keithr0
      |`* Tesla 3 Power failure?Yosemite Sam
      | `* Tesla 3 Power failure?Clocky
      |  `- Tesla 3 Power failure?Yosemite Sam
      `* Tesla 3 Power failure?Yosemite Sam
       +* Tesla 3 Power failure?Clocky
       |`* Tesla 3 Power failure?Yosemite Sam
       | `* Tesla 3 Power failure?keithr0
       |  +* Tesla 3 Power failure?Daryl
       |  |+- Tesla 3 Power failure?Noddy
       |  |`- Tesla 3 Power failure?Clocky
       |  `* Tesla 3 Power failure?Noddy
       |   `* Tesla 3 Power failure?keithr0
       |    +* Tesla 3 Power failure?Noddy
       |    |+- Tesla 3 Power failure?alvey
       |    |`* Tesla 3 Power failure?keithr0
       |    | `- Tesla 3 Power failure?Noddy
       |    +- Tesla 3 Power failure?Xeno
       |    `* Tesla 3 Power failure?Daryl
       |     `* Tesla 3 Power failure?keithr0
       |      `- Tesla 3 Power failure?Noddy
       `* Tesla 3 Power failure?jonz@ nothere.com
        `* Tesla 3 Power failure?Noddy
         +* Tesla 3 Power failure?Grumpy Tech
         |`- Tesla 3 Power failure?Noddy
         +* Tesla 3 Power failure?Clocky
         |`- Tesla 3 Power failure?Yosemite Sam
         `- Tesla 3 Power failure?Yosemite Sam

Pages:12
Re: Tesla 3 Power failure?

<j6km29F1jaiU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11233&group=aus.cars#11233

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Tesla 3 Power failure?
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 01:33:44 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 10 Feb 2022 14:33 UTC

On 10/02/2022 11:24 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 10/02/2022 10:56 pm, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
>> On Thursday, 10 February 2022 at 15:46:01 UTC+11, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>
>>> actually, we're both right. I tried the Lancer this morning when I was
>>> out. when the doors are electronically locked, the drivers door handle
>>> will release all door locks, but none of the others will. and it's the
>>> same situation whether the engine is running or not, and with or
>>> without
>>> a key in the ignition. don't know if it's the same for all makes and
>>> models of cars tho.
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>   Exactly the same setup on my 27yr old jeep...Nothing new there.
>> <shrug>
>
> Felix is as dumb as shit on a stick.

oh really? keep reading..

> If he has a look at *any* of the interior door handles in his car
> he'll see that just above the handle lever is a small lock lever that
> is in fact a manual override for the central locking system. The
> driver's door is linked to the locking system and will unlock all the
> doors by pulling the handle, but On any of the other doors the door
> can be opened by first moving the lock lever to the "unlock" position
> and then using the handle to open the door.

if you weren't such a fuckwit, and didn't have ppl blocked, you would
know what the discussion is all about, which is how door locking systems
operate with and sans power. those little locking levers work
electronically. you can hear the solenoids operate when you flick them.
they don't operate manually, like the interior door lever does. back to
square one for you, mr. pretend mechanic

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam
"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by

Re: Tesla 3 Power failure?

<su3tpt$d94$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11234&group=aus.cars#11234

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 07:50:04 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 10 Feb 2022 20:50 UTC

On 10/02/2022 11:30 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
> On 10/02/2022 10:24 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> Felix is as dumb as shit on a stick.
>>
>> If he has a look at *any* of the interior door handles in his car
>> he'll see that just above the handle lever is a small lock lever that
>> is in fact a manual override for the central locking system. The
>> driver's door is linked to the locking system and will unlock all the
>> doors by pulling the handle, but On any of the other doors the door
>> can be opened by first moving the lock lever to the "unlock" position
>> and then using the handle to open the door.
>>
>> This is nothing new, and most cars have been like this for many years.
>>

> He may have left the child locks on in the rear seats in which case they
> won't operate. First thing I sort out when I get a new car as I never
> have kids in the car.

Possibly, but the front doors should be unaffected.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Tesla 3 Power failure?

<j6lkepF7809U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11237&group=aus.cars#11237

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 10:12:27 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 10 Feb 2022 23:12 UTC

On 11/02/2022 12:43 am, Clocky wrote:
> On 10/02/2022 8:24 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>   Exactly the same setup on my 27yr old jeep...Nothing new there.
>>> <shrug>
>>
>> Felix is as dumb as shit on a stick.
>>
>> If he has a look at *any* of the interior door handles in his car
>> he'll see that just above the handle lever is a small lock lever that
>> is in fact a manual override for the central locking system. The
>> driver's door is linked to the locking system and will unlock all the
>> doors by pulling the handle, but On any of the other doors the door
>> can be opened by first moving the lock lever to the "unlock" position
>> and then using the handle to open the door.
>>

> Too bad if the child lock is on or the car has lost all power which
> was the topic of discussion.

he is such a moron. he sees one reply in a thread because one of his
minions has echoed it and charges in like a bull in a china shop
insulting ppl and thinking he has all the answers, but just makes a fool
of himself.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam
"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"His self serving ego pumping comments just
read like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy

Re: Tesla 3 Power failure?

<j6lkgiF7809U2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11238&group=aus.cars#11238

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 10:13:25 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 10 Feb 2022 23:13 UTC

On 10/02/2022 7:25 am, alvey wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Feb 2022 21:21:24 +1100, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> You mean that the doors on your cars don't have handles on the inside?
>>> Amazing.
>> they don't 'overide' the lock. handles don't work when the lock is active
> Good return of serve there young felix.
>
> keith *may* have been attempting humour, although he has no priors for
> that, and Fraudster, well, it's been well established that his sociopathy
> always overrules his comprehension. Still, they make a lovely couple.

it's the latest aus.cars bromance. I wonder how jonz feels, lol

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam
"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"His self serving ego pumping comments just
read like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy

Re: Tesla 3 Power failure?

<j6llivF7drgU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11242&group=aus.cars#11242

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 09:31:43 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Thu, 10 Feb 2022 23:31 UTC

On 10/02/2022 10:15 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 10/02/2022 9:42 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>> On 10/02/2022 4:21 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>
>>> good question. I suppose it depend if the electric locking mechanism
>>> defaults to unlock or not. that would seem the sensible way to design
>>> it.
>>>
>> Only fools and Yanks lock the doors while driving.
>
> Given the spate of car jackings and "fake collisions" happening these
> days, you'd be a fool *not* to. Some cars are set to lock doors
> automatically. Our Santa Fe does, and unlocks them automatically when
> the car is put in park.
>
> A good idea in my opinion.

I'm not that paranoid.

Re: Tesla 3 Power failure?

<su4a2d$vdg$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11243&group=aus.cars#11243

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 11:19:25 +1100
 by: Noddy - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 00:19 UTC

On 11/02/2022 10:31 am, keithr0 wrote:
> On 10/02/2022 10:15 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> Only fools and Yanks lock the doors while driving.
>>
>> Given the spate of car jackings and "fake collisions" happening these
>> days, you'd be a fool *not* to. Some cars are set to lock doors
>> automatically. Our Santa Fe does, and unlocks them automatically when
>> the car is put in park.
>>
>> A good idea in my opinion.
>>
> I'm not that paranoid.

You don't have to be paranoid for it to be a good idea. Do you lock the
front door of your house as night?

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Tesla 3 Power failure?

<j6lpa9F83f8U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11244&group=aus.cars#11244

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 11:35:18 +1100
 by: Xeno - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 00:35 UTC

On 11/2/2022 10:31 am, keithr0 wrote:
> On 10/02/2022 10:15 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> Only fools and Yanks lock the doors while driving.
>>
>> Given the spate of car jackings and "fake collisions" happening these
>> days, you'd be a fool *not* to. Some cars are set to lock doors
>> automatically. Our Santa Fe does, and unlocks them automatically when
>> the car is put in park.
>>
>> A good idea in my opinion.
>>
> I'm not that paranoid.

You're not a woman (I think). Women tend to think differently and, hey,
they drive cars too. This sort of thing doesn't help....

https://7news.com.au/news/wa/dramatic-citizens-arrest-in-perth-after-man-allegedly-tried-to-carjack-vehicle-with-kids-still-inside-c-5039371

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Tesla 3 Power failure?

<bonyoiobgtcn.95g1w4sia1dr.dlg@40tude.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11247&group=aus.cars#11247

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 10:49:09 +1000
References: <stsdhc$gft$1@dont-email.me> <j6e6c3FoktnU1@mid.individual.net> <sttp8v$23o$1@dont-email.me> <j6h3g0Fb2fhU1@mid.individual.net> <j6h8v0Fc2tqU1@mid.individual.net> <j6ha61Fc9hjU1@mid.individual.net> <j6hit4FdtjuU1@mid.individual.net> <j6jjk6Fpo99U1@mid.individual.net> <su275d$1d3$1@dont-email.me> <j6jp6jFqonvU1@mid.individual.net> <j6k8guFthesU1@mid.individual.net> <su2vlr$e8b$1@dont-email.me> <j6llivF7drgU1@mid.individual.net> <su4a2d$vdg$1@dont-email.me>
 by: alvey - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 00:49 UTC

On Fri, 11 Feb 2022 11:19:25 +1100, Noddy wrote:

> On 11/02/2022 10:31 am, keithr0 wrote:

>>> Given the spate of car jackings and "fake collisions" happening these
>>> days, you'd be a fool *not* to. Some cars are set to lock doors
>>> automatically. Our Santa Fe does, and unlocks them automatically when
>>> the car is put in park.
>>>
>>> A good idea in my opinion.
>>>
>> I'm not that paranoid.
>
> You don't have to be paranoid for it to be a good idea. Do you lock the
> front door of your house as night?

Nah. He probably leaves the lights on and the curtains open. As in, 'Nuthin
worth stealin here'

alvey

Re: Tesla 3 Power failure?

<j6lrb2F8duoU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11248&group=aus.cars#11248

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 12:09:52 +1100
 by: Daryl - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 01:09 UTC

On 11/2/22 10:31 am, keithr0 wrote:
> On 10/02/2022 10:15 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> Only fools and Yanks lock the doors while driving.
>>
>> Given the spate of car jackings and "fake collisions" happening these
>> days, you'd be a fool *not* to. Some cars are set to lock doors
>> automatically. Our Santa Fe does, and unlocks them automatically when
>> the car is put in park.
>>
>> A good idea in my opinion.
>>
> I'm not that paranoid.

Paranoid or safety conscious?
Is it better to safe than sorry?
Would your wife or daughter feel safe driving through a big city alone
at night in an unlocked car?
Possibly because we used to be responsible for locking up the schools we
used to clean I am "paranoid" about security, when we go out our house
is locked an alarmed (builder fitted the alarm so why not use it), in
the 42yrs I lived at my old house we were never burgled, several of my
friends that are IMHO lax about security have been burgled several times.

--
Daryl

Re: Tesla 3 Power failure?

<su4i36$6t2$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11251&group=aus.cars#11251

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 10:36:14 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 02:36 UTC

On 11/02/2022 7:13 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 10/02/2022 7:25 am, alvey wrote:

>>> they don't 'overide' the lock. handles don't work when the lock is
>>> active
>> Good return of serve there young felix.
>> keith *may* have been attempting humour, although he has no priors for
>> that, and Fraudster, well, it's been well established that his sociopathy
>> always overrules his comprehension. Still, they make a lovely couple.
>

> it's the latest aus.cars bromance. I wonder how jonz feels, lol

Probably quietly s(l)obb(er)ing in the corner in the fetal position,
situation normal.

Re: Tesla 3 Power failure?

<j6mcntFbc5dU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11261&group=aus.cars#11261

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 16:06:53 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 06:06 UTC

On 11/02/2022 10:19 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 11/02/2022 10:31 am, keithr0 wrote:

>>> Given the spate of car jackings and "fake collisions" happening these
>>> days, you'd be a fool *not* to. Some cars are set to lock doors
>>> automatically. Our Santa Fe does, and unlocks them automatically when
>>> the car is put in park.
>>>
>>> A good idea in my opinion.
>>>
>> I'm not that paranoid.
>
> You don't have to be paranoid for it to be a good idea. Do you lock the
> front door of your house as night?

There are a hell of a lot more B&Es than carjackings.

Re: Tesla 3 Power failure?

<j6mdd4Fbh4iU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11262&group=aus.cars#11262

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 16:18:11 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 06:18 UTC

On 11/02/2022 11:09 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 11/2/22 10:31 am, keithr0 wrote:

>>> Given the spate of car jackings and "fake collisions" happening these
>>> days, you'd be a fool *not* to. Some cars are set to lock doors
>>> automatically. Our Santa Fe does, and unlocks them automatically when
>>> the car is put in park.
>>>
>>> A good idea in my opinion.
>>>
>> I'm not that paranoid.
>

> Paranoid or safety conscious?
> Is it better to safe than sorry?

It depends how far you go, my house has security screens on the doors
and windows, they are there because that is the way the house was when I
bought it, I wouldn't have paid to have them installed. The house next
door has alarms, cameras, and security lights because the people who
used to live there were paranoid. The security lights are a pain in the
arse when something sets them off in the middle of the night.

> Would your wife or daughter feel safe driving through a big city alone
> at night in an unlocked car?

They have done, my wife no longer drives at night because of her eyes,
but AFAIK, my daughters still do, and riding with them occasionally I
have never seen them lock the doors.

There is just as much to fear from being unconscious in an accident and
having the car catch fire, and rescuers being unable to get you out
because the doors are locked.

> Possibly because we used to be responsible for locking up the schools we
> used to clean I am "paranoid" about security, when we go out our house
> is locked an alarmed (builder fitted the alarm so why not use it), in
> the 42yrs I lived at my old house we were never burgled, several of my
> friends that are IMHO lax about security have been burgled several times.

Re: Tesla 3 Power failure?

<su50ge$82g$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11266&group=aus.cars#11266

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 17:42:22 +1100
 by: Noddy - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 06:42 UTC

On 11/02/2022 5:06 pm, keithr0 wrote:

>>> I'm not that paranoid.
>>
>> You don't have to be paranoid for it to be a good idea. Do you lock
>> the front door of your house as night?
>
> There are a hell of a lot more B&Es than carjackings.

I don't have the figures to show whether that's true or not, but in any
event it would seem silly to actively guard against one and not the
other would it not?

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Tesla 3 Power failure?

<su50ju$82g$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11267&group=aus.cars#11267

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 17:44:14 +1100
 by: Noddy - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 06:44 UTC

On 11/02/2022 5:18 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 11/02/2022 11:09 am, Daryl wrote:

>> Would your wife or daughter feel safe driving through a big city alone
>> at night in an unlocked car?
>
> They have done, my wife no longer drives at night because of her eyes,
> but AFAIK, my daughters still do, and riding with them occasionally I
> have never seen them lock the doors.
>
> There is just as much to fear from being unconscious in an accident and
> having the car catch fire, and rescuers being unable to get you out
> because the doors are locked.

Somehow I doubt it.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Tesla 3 Power failure?

<j6mlsiFd0upU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11271&group=aus.cars#11271

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 19:43:02 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 08:43 UTC

LOL