From: you...@prayer.io (Sid)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Recently noticed a lot of interference on Bluetooth connection.
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 11:37:06 -0000
 by: Sid - Sun, 31 Dec 2023 11:37 UTC

I normally play digital music stored on the computer, either by Bluetooth or
Sonos connection. Not used the bluetooth connection lately, but its terrible
today, keeps breaking up. I originally thought the the digital files were
damaged, but the breakup is still there when radio 3 is being played across
Bluetooth. Not noticed any problems with Sonos, but that uses Wifi and 5GHz.

Re: Recently noticed a lot of interference on Bluetooth connection.

<umrmie$1nka4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=112796&group=uk.d-i-y#112796

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 07:24:45 -0500
 by: Paul - Sun, 31 Dec 2023 12:24 UTC

On 12/31/2023 6:37 AM, Sid wrote:
> I normally play digital music stored on the computer, either by Bluetooth or Sonos connection. Not used the bluetooth connection lately, but its terrible today, keeps breaking up. I originally thought the the digital files were damaged, but the breakup is still there when radio 3 is being played across Bluetooth. Not noticed any problems with Sonos, but that uses Wifi and 5GHz.

https://www.audio-technica.com/en-us/support/audio-solutions-question-of-the-week-what-causes-bluetooth-interference/

"If there is excessive Wi-Fi in the same area this will use up many potential Bluetooth channels."

The second way to kill Bluetooth, is to connect a USB3 cable to a poorly shielded
HDD enclosure. Intel has a white paper, showing how to modify an enclosure design
for better performance. The noise spectrum is broadband with a peak at 2.5GHz or so.
The zero is at 5GHz (which is why the USB3 cable does not ruin 5Ghz Wifi band).
USB3 noise (no noise on USB2) sometimes prevents wireless keyboard/mouse from working.

OK, so do this. Place the culprit and the victim, on either side of the PC.

USB3
drive on this side of PC --------------- DesktopPC ---BT /\/^ BT-speaker
(radiating)

But as for the Wifi case, I'm not sure what will
help there. You could temporarily network with a
GbE cable, and see if that helps.

When the design was done, the designers specifically aimed to have
BT and Wifi, coexist. In other words, it's supposed to work, and by design.

The USB3 noise problem Intel documented, that was never a known
phenomenon and was discovered later. Intel wrote a white paper, to
coax the HDD enclosure makers to clean up their act. It's a wonder
they could pass emissions testing. Emissions testing is a bit of a
crooked game, when it comes to making claims about "what cabling would
normally be connected". So if you were a rat bastard, you could
likely cheat on your testing, using loop holes in the rules. Making
representative cabling, during test, starts arguments between experts,
so it's not a settled matter.

Paul

Re: Recently noticed a lot of interference on Bluetooth connection.

<umrn5t$1nmtb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=112802&group=uk.d-i-y#112802

From: you...@prayer.io (Sid)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 12:35:08 -0000
 by: Sid - Sun, 31 Dec 2023 12:35 UTC

Problem solved, I connected an Optical link between Amplifier and Computer.

Re: Recently noticed a lot of interference on Bluetooth connection.

<ums53b$1phm8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=112834&group=uk.d-i-y#112834

From: non...@invalid.com (mm0fmf)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 16:32:41 +0000
 by: mm0fmf - Sun, 31 Dec 2023 16:32 UTC

On 31/12/2023 12:35, Sid wrote:
> Problem solved, I connected an Optical link between Amplifier and Computer.

Pedant mode:

The symptom is solved but the problem with your BT link still remains.

Re: Recently noticed a lot of interference on Bluetooth connection.

<umuh0e$27ot7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=112957&group=uk.d-i-y#112957

From: max_dem...@bigfoot.com (Max Demian)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 14:08:13 +0000
 by: Max Demian - Mon, 1 Jan 2024 14:08 UTC

On 31/12/2023 16:32, mm0fmf wrote:
> On 31/12/2023 12:35, Sid wrote:
>> Problem solved, I connected an Optical link between Amplifier and
>> Computer.
>
> Pedant mode:
>
> The symptom is solved but the problem with your BT link still remains.

I think Sid is entitled to define the "problem" as he wishes. (Like WC
Fields when someone suggested he had a "drink problem".)

--
Max Demian

Re: Recently noticed a lot of interference on Bluetooth connection.

<op.2gvv9pyxbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=113013&group=uk.d-i-y#113013

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2024 06:54:51 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 1 Jan 2024 19:54 UTC

On Tue, 02 Jan 2024 01:08:13 +1100, Max Demian <max_demian@bigfoot.com>
wrote:

> On 31/12/2023 16:32, mm0fmf wrote:
>> On 31/12/2023 12:35, Sid wrote:
>>> Problem solved, I connected an Optical link between Amplifier and
>>> Computer.
>> Pedant mode:
>> The symptom is solved but the problem with your BT link still remains.

> I think Sid is entitled to define the "problem" as he wishes.

More fool you in this case.

Re: Lonely Obnoxious Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

<KsFkN.15632$46Te.11986@fx38.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=113022&group=uk.d-i-y#113022

From: trollt...@valid.invalid (Peeler)
Subject: Re: Lonely Obnoxious Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 21:41:44 +0100
 by: Peeler - Mon, 1 Jan 2024 20:41 UTC

On Tue, 02 Jan 2024 06:54:51 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Retirednoguilt addressing trolling senile Rodent Speed:
"Obviously you have nothing but contempt and disregard for
everyone else's comments and opinions. You shouldn't waste another
second of your precious time trying to educate us. Just ultra isolate,
avoid this group as if it might infect you, and find another Usenet group.
MID: <spff82$i0d$1@dont-email.me>