Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Back To Normal Play Want Bin (PWBE 10 Jan 2022)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2022 19:25:02 -0600
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 01:25 UTC

Feels like more of the same, doesn't it?

Play:
--=--

Shin Megami Tensei V (Switch) - Eight hours in and I can't seem to beat
the first proper boss. You get a couple of false-start sub-boss encounters
that are no trouble, but the big hydra thing is properly challenging and
requires you to have a handle on all of the game mechanisms before
allowing any further progress. That means you need to be an old hand at
demon fusion, demon conversation and inventory management. I'm not
properly levelled up, because I've done the same thing I always do which
is to play strategically and then arrive at that junction point slightly
under-levelled for what's been designed. I must be enjoying myself if I'm
this deep into it and repeating old gaming mistakes like I'm in my
twenties or something.

Want:
--=--

My shoulders to work - Had to install a new clothes washer. Long boring
story, but it required more moving around of stuff in the house than I
intended. I'm not doing without this modern convenience with a four-year-
old child in the house.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Dungeons and Dragons HD bundle, God Eater 2 Rage Burst, God Eater 3, and
Neverwinter Nights Enhanced (PC) - $38

Balance forward starting for 2022 - #38

-KKC, who wishes he played more and hurt less.
--
-- "People with happy families don't become spies. A bad | kendrick
childhood is the perfect background for covert ops. You | @

Re: Back To Normal Play Want Bin (PWBE 10 Jan 2022)

<j43tu7F2roqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1127&group=uk.games.video.misc#1127

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Back To Normal Play Want Bin (PWBE 10 Jan 2022)
Date: 10 Jan 2022 23:31:19 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 23:31 UTC

On 10 Jan 2022 at 01:25:02 GMT, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
<kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> Feels like more of the same, doesn't it?

Worse, if anything.

> Play:
> --=--

Fantasian (ios) - mostly to work out if I can screencast it to my TV's
appleTV app, which it turns out I can. The intro is very *very* FF7,
except with a slightly more Yoko Taro aesthetic on the character models
(but not the leggy booby aesthetic). The game looks good, even on the
big screen where the slightly low-poly models and occasionally low res
textures are more visible - all Apple Arcade games need to be able to
run acceptably on a 2015 iPhone. The cutscenes are cut back to mostly
static shots with speech bubbles, which was a surprise. Very PS2/PS3.
Apart from that it seems fun, no idea what the story means yet.

That's all! I have been super busy this last week.

> Want:
> --=--
>
> My shoulders to work - Had to install a new clothes washer. Long boring
> story, but it required more moving around of stuff in the house than I
> intended. I'm not doing without this modern convenience with a four-year-
> old child in the house.

You could put the four-year-old in the old washer to be taken away?

I would like to be playing more games, but I don't seem to have either
the time or energy at the moment - I'm back on my 'getting fitter' kick
but starting from a low low place so it's a lot of mild exercise. Very
boring, particularly with the dearth of Christmas podcasts.

Oh, specifically? I'd like to get The Artful Escape but then play it
rather than leave it on the pile of shame.

> Bin:
> -==-
>
> Nothing game-related.

Yerp.

Hmm. Shall I do an expenditure this year? I think I won't.

> -KKC, who wishes he played more and hurt less.

Indeed yes.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough
scientific research to finding a cure for jerks."

Re: Back To Normal Play Want Bin (PWBE 10 Jan 2022)

<J9lDJ.93670$k3b4.53963@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1128&group=uk.games.video.misc#1128

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 19:47:53 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 19:47 UTC

> Play:

Dr. Mario & Puzzle League (GBA) - quite a bit of this again. Or
rather, half of it. I'm beginning to think I should stop playing
Puzzle League against the level 20 CPU opponent, as while I have
managed to beat it a few times, it's not exactly what you'd call
frequent. Level 15 or so seems more like it, still possible to lose
but not, say, ten times in a row.

> Want:

Nothing.

> Bin:

The vertical (i.e. sideways) mode in DM&PL's PL. In theory it's a nice
thing to include, but it's just excessively awkward to play.

Not previously realising that Hamster have released Neo Turf Masters
on e.g. PS4, under the name "Big Tournament Golf" (which seems to be a
translation of the Japanese name). I don't know if I'm likely to get
it TBH, but it had been seeming like a strange omission.

-Rus.