From: nos...@please.invalid (AnthonyL)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Bath shower tap attachment
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2024 09:07:42 GMT
 by: AnthonyL - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 09:07 UTC

Has anyone got a good recommendation for a bath shower attachment
similar to:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254635353093

The bath tap outlets are elliptical, 3cm x 2cm and the vertical
component is quite short. Water is at mains pressure. The bath is
rarely used so firm, but removable, fixing would be acceptable.

The above item might work if there was a convenient way to make the
3.5cm dimension fit tightly. Many others that I've found are only
suitable for 2cm.

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?

Re: Bath shower tap attachment

<un3ebc$3633p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=113137&group=uk.d-i-y#113137

From: see.my.s...@nowhere.null (John Rumm)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Bath shower tap attachment
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 10:53:32 +0000
 by: John Rumm - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 10:53 UTC

On 03/01/2024 09:07, AnthonyL wrote:
> Has anyone got a good recommendation for a bath shower attachment
> similar to:
>
> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254635353093
>
> The bath tap outlets are elliptical, 3cm x 2cm and the vertical
> component is quite short. Water is at mains pressure. The bath is
> rarely used so firm, but removable, fixing would be acceptable.
>
> The above item might work if there was a convenient way to make the
> 3.5cm dimension fit tightly. Many others that I've found are only
> suitable for 2cm.

Probably not the answer you are looking for, but fitting a new set of
taps with a built in shower capability will give a much more useable and
reliable setup.

--
Cheers,

John.

Re: Bath shower tap attachment

<659541eb.100429296@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=113139&group=uk.d-i-y#113139

From: nos...@please.invalid (AnthonyL)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2024 11:18:15 GMT
 by: AnthonyL - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 11:18 UTC

On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 10:53:32 +0000, John Rumm
<see.my.signature@nowhere.null> wrote:

>On 03/01/2024 09:07, AnthonyL wrote:
>> Has anyone got a good recommendation for a bath shower attachment
>> similar to:
>>
>> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254635353093
>>
>> The bath tap outlets are elliptical, 3cm x 2cm and the vertical
>> component is quite short. Water is at mains pressure. The bath is
>> rarely used so firm, but removable, fixing would be acceptable.
>>
>> The above item might work if there was a convenient way to make the
>> 3.5cm dimension fit tightly. Many others that I've found are only
>> suitable for 2cm.
>
>Probably not the answer you are looking for, but fitting a new set of
>taps with a built in shower capability will give a much more useable and
>reliable setup.

Indeed, and if and when we splash out (pun intended) on a new bathroom
that will feature.

It has since occured to me that the basin taps are nearer a standard
size and probably more conveniently located at the other end of the
bath, but that would mean regular fitting/removal.

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?

Re: Bath shower tap attachment

<un3gds$36aub$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=113140&group=uk.d-i-y#113140

From: see.my.s...@nowhere.null (John Rumm)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 11:29:00 +0000
 by: John Rumm - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 11:29 UTC

On 03/01/2024 11:18, AnthonyL wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 10:53:32 +0000, John Rumm
> <see.my.signature@nowhere.null> wrote:
>
>> On 03/01/2024 09:07, AnthonyL wrote:
>>> Has anyone got a good recommendation for a bath shower attachment
>>> similar to:
>>>
>>> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254635353093
>>>
>>> The bath tap outlets are elliptical, 3cm x 2cm and the vertical
>>> component is quite short. Water is at mains pressure. The bath is
>>> rarely used so firm, but removable, fixing would be acceptable.
>>>
>>> The above item might work if there was a convenient way to make the
>>> 3.5cm dimension fit tightly. Many others that I've found are only
>>> suitable for 2cm.
>>
>> Probably not the answer you are looking for, but fitting a new set of
>> taps with a built in shower capability will give a much more useable and
>> reliable setup.
>>

> Indeed, and if and when we splash out (pun intended) on a new bathroom
> that will feature.
>
> It has since occured to me that the basin taps are nearer a standard
> size and probably more conveniently located at the other end of the
> bath, but that would mean regular fitting/removal.

Have the bath taps got a aerator fitted to the spouts? If so, many of
those screw into the tap, and that means that there is a female thread
on the spout which might give you an alternative way of getting a
fitting onto taps.

--
Cheers,

John.

Re: Bath shower tap attachment

<65954df6.103512187@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=113146&group=uk.d-i-y#113146

From: nos...@please.invalid (AnthonyL)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2024 12:08:22 GMT
 by: AnthonyL - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 12:08 UTC

On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 11:29:00 +0000, John Rumm
<see.my.signature@nowhere.null> wrote:

>On 03/01/2024 11:18, AnthonyL wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 10:53:32 +0000, John Rumm
>> <see.my.signature@nowhere.null> wrote:

>>> Probably not the answer you are looking for, but fitting a new set of
>>> taps with a built in shower capability will give a much more useable and
>>> reliable setup.
>>>

>> Indeed, and if and when we splash out (pun intended) on a new bathroom
>> that will feature.
>>
>> It has since occured to me that the basin taps are nearer a standard
>> size and probably more conveniently located at the other end of the
>> bath, but that would mean regular fitting/removal.
>
>Have the bath taps got a aerator fitted to the spouts? If so, many of
>those screw into the tap, and that means that there is a female thread
>on the spout which might give you an alternative way of getting a
>fitting onto taps.

I'll have to invent an elliptical thread :)