From: bob-hob...@yahoo.com (Bob Hobden)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Fuschia Gall Mite
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 14:08:05 +0100
 by: Bob Hobden - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 13:08 UTC

Looks like I bought some Fuschias from our local nursery that had the
mite on board. Our old tender one that lives in the corner of our
patio all year has now become infected. Ordered the
biological control and will see if that sorts it. Really don't want to
lose that plant.
Won't be giving anyone a cutting from now on despite being asked.

--
Regards.
Bob Hobden

Re: Fuschia Gall Mite

<qpuleg922tinlarr26irr5ecag6hjto8tb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1135&group=uk.rec.gardening#1135

From: me...@privacy.net (Chris Hogg)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Re: Fuschia Gall Mite
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 15:17:06 +0100
 by: Chris Hogg - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 14:17 UTC

On Sun, 11 Jul 2021 14:08:05 +0100, Bob Hobden <bob-hobden@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Looks like I bought some Fuschias from our local nursery that had the
>mite on board. Our old tender one that lives in the corner of our
>patio all year has now become infected. Ordered the
>biological control and will see if that sorts it. Really don't want to
>lose that plant.
>Won't be giving anyone a cutting from now on despite being asked.

Commiserations! I had a whole hedge that seemed to become infected
with Fuchsia Gall Mite quite suddenly. I suspect it hade been there
for a year or two at a low level and I hadn't noticed. What happened
to it eventually, I don't know, as I sold the property soon after,
otherwise I would have ripped it all out, burnt it and planted
something else.

--
Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall, very mild, sheltered
from the West, but open to the North and East.