From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Don't think of the children
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 16:11:49 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 15:11 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67121414

<quotes>

"There is no lonelier place in this universe than around the bed of a wounded child who has no more family to look after them," British doctor Ghassan Abu Sittah, who is working in Gaza City, posted online.

About 40% of the wounded people being brought to hospital were children, he told BBC Radio 4.

"It's all blast injuries, there are these horrendous injuries with shrapnel and burns and fallen masonry, people being dug out from underneath the rubble of their homes," he told the BBC.

He describes the scenes he's seeing in Gaza as "the phenomenon of wounded child, no surviving family".

Days earlier he found himself operating on the child of a doctor at Gaza City's al-Shifa hospital. The doctor had been killed with her other child and the wounded girl was the only survivor.

Dr Abu Sittah meanwhile says that his family in the UK has been visited by British counter terrorism police.

He said that his family were questioned and it is now being taken up with his lawyers.

"I need to find out why someone thought it was a good idea to ask my wife which part of the hospital I'm in, who paid for my ticket, and which charity I work for."

"It's a kind of brutish attempt at harassment… as if my wife did not have enough to worry about," he added.

</quotes>

Re: Don't think of the children

<ugmhpa$oje$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11359&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11359

From: efbreg...@gmx-xx.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: Don't think of the children
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 17:54:50 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (??? The Reverend)
 by: Loose Cannon - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 17:54 UTC

Indeed, you didn't.

On the night of 27 July, shortly before midnight,[24] 787 RAF aircraft - 74 Vickers Wellingtons, 116 Short
Stirlings, 244 Handley Page Halifaxes and 353 Avro Lancasters - bombed Hamburg.[25] The aiming points were the dense
housing of the working-class districts of Billwerder, Borgfelde, Hamm, Hammerbrook, Hohenfelde and
Rothenburgsort.[26] The unusually dry and warm weather, the concentration of the bombing in one area and
firefighting limitations due to blockbuster bombs used in the early part of the raid - and the recall of Hanover's
firecrews to their own city - culminated in a firestorm. The tornadic fire created a huge inferno with winds of up
to 240 km/h (150 mph) reaching temperatures of 800 C (1,470 F)[27] and up to altitudes in excess of 300 metres
(1,000 ft), incinerating more than 21 square kilometres (8 sq mi) of the city.

Re: Don't think of the children

<20231017192852.00000d59@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11362&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11362

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 19:28:52 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 18:28 UTC

On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 17:54:50 +0000 (UTC)
Loose Cannon <efbregg73@gmx-xx.comm> wrote:

> Indeed, you didn't.
>
> On the night of 27 July, shortly before midnight,[24] 787 RAF
> aircraft - 74 Vickers Wellingtons, 116 Short Stirlings, 244 Handley
> Page Halifaxes and 353 Avro Lancasters - bombed Hamburg.[25] The
> aiming points were the dense housing of the working-class districts
> of Billwerder, Borgfelde, Hamm, Hammerbrook, Hohenfelde and
> Rothenburgsort.[26] The unusually dry and warm weather, the
> concentration of the bombing in one area and firefighting limitations
> due to blockbuster bombs used in the early part of the raid - and the
> recall of Hanover's firecrews to their own city - culminated in a
> firestorm. The tornadic fire created a huge inferno with winds of up
> to 240 km/h (150 mph) reaching temperatures of 800 C (1,470 F)[27]
> and up to altitudes in excess of 300 metres (1,000 ft), incinerating
> more than 21 square kilometres (8 sq mi) of the city.

No, we didn't. We have murdered innocent children since and are supporting the murder of innocent children now.

I am not going to defend the evil Britain has done and will do. We should collectively hang our heads in shame at the evil we allow to be done.

I condemn the evil Britain does.

I condemn the evil America does.

I condemn the evil Israel does.

But you cannot say the same.

Re: Don't think of the children

<ugmner$74o$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11364&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11364

From: efbreg...@gmx-xx.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 19:31:39 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (??? The Reverend)
 by: Loose Cannon - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 19:31 UTC

In article <20231017192852.00000d59@ntlworld.invalid>,
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> We have murdered innocent children since and are supporting the
> murder of innocent children now.
>
> I am not going to defend the evil Britain has done and will do. We
> should collectively hang our heads in shame at the evil we allow to be done.
>
> I condemn the evil Britain does.
>
> I condemn the evil America does.
>
> I condemn the evil Israel does.
>
> But you cannot say the same.

You conveniently left out the Hamas.

But of course I can do the same. We did bad things, esp. in Vietnam;
so did Israel. The Israelis are no better than most nations; I "admit"
that I identify with them more than with the Hamas/PA, since they are
in the front line of the war against Islamofascism, which - together
with Putin and the North Korean fat, crazy bastard - is a major threat
to world peace.

You identify more with Hamas, because you hate the West and White people.

So, well, we all have our biases. You keep ignoring the real motivation
behind Hamas, their neo-Nazi and Islamist ideology, their war crimes
and barbarism, because of this bias of yours.

But you cannot keep ignoring the fact that the side which started
the hostilities bears more of the blame, and you still cannot
answer what YOU would have done had you been in Israel's shoes,
except "I'd have to think about it", etc.

Re: Don't think of the children

<20231017210006.00000fae@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11368&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11368

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 21:00:06 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 20:00 UTC

On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 19:31:39 +0000 (UTC)
Loose Cannon <efbregg73@gmx-xx.comm> wrote:

> You identify more with Hamas, because you hate the West and White
> people.

No that's just more of your demonising propaganda shit.