From: efbreg...@gmx-xx.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: More history today: BBC actually admits lying
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 09:45:47 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (??? The Reverend)
 by: Loose Cannon - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 09:45 UTC

In addition to dippy's ground-breaking statement (agreeing that Israel
IS allowed to retaliate, WOW!), we have this:

https://deadline.com/2023/10/bbc-wrong-to-speculate-on-gaza-hospital-blast-1235577943/
BBC Admits It Was "Wrong To Speculate" That Israel Was Behind Gaza Hospital Blast

Re: More history today: BBC actually admits lying

<20231020114005.00000a6c@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11457&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11457

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: More history today: BBC actually admits lying
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 11:40:05 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 10:40 UTC

On Fri, 20 Oct 2023 09:45:47 +0000 (UTC)
Loose Cannon <efbregg73@gmx-xx.comm> wrote:

> In addition to dippy's ground-breaking statement (agreeing that Israel
> IS allowed to retaliate, WOW!), we have this:

Just more propaganda.

> https://deadline.com/2023/10/bbc-wrong-to-speculate-on-gaza-hospital-blast-1235577943/
> BBC Admits It Was "Wrong To Speculate" That Israel Was Behind Gaza
> Hospital Blast

<quote>

Jon Donnison, an experienced BBC correspondent, told viewers: “It’s hard to see what else this could be really given the size of the explosion other than an Israeli air strike or several air strikes.”

“We accept that even in this fast-moving situation it was wrong to speculate in this way, although he [Donnison] did not at any point report that it was an Israeli strike,” the BBC said.

“This doesn’t represent the entirety of the BBC’s output and anyone watching, listening to or reading our coverage can see we have set out both sides’ competing claims about the explosion, clearly showing who is saying them, and what we do or don’t know.”

There is a “widespread view that the hospital was misreported,” according to a BBC insider.

</quote>

Donnison simply said what everyone else was thinking.

That invented quote from an imaginary "BBC insider" is just propaganda. The only ones claiming it amounted to misreporting are the right-wing anti-BBC mob pre-Israel propagandists.

Re: More history today: BBC actually admits lying

<ugtr1e$ehb$2@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11464&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11464

From: efbreg...@gmx-xx.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 12:15:42 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (??? The Reverend)
 by: Loose Cannon - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 12:15 UTC

In article <20231020114005.00000a6c@ntlworld.invalid>,
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> Donnison simply said what everyone else was thinking.

He was lying through his shit-covered teeth.

"everyone else was thinking", suuuure.

Re: More history today: BBC actually admits lying

<20231020142524.000072af@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11469&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11469

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 14:25:24 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 13:25 UTC

On Fri, 20 Oct 2023 12:15:42 +0000 (UTC)
Loose Cannon <efbregg73@gmx-xx.comm> wrote:

> In article <20231020114005.00000a6c@ntlworld.invalid>,
> The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Donnison simply said what everyone else was thinking.
>
> He was lying through his shit-covered teeth.

<quote>

It's hard to see what else this could be really given the size of the explosion other than an Israeli air strike or several air strikes.

</quote>

That is not a lie. And your "shit-covered teeth" is simply more demonising propagandist shit.

I think the BBC was wrong to criticise Donnison, fail to defend him, but given the pressures they are under to present pro-Israel propaganda it is not surprising they did.

> "everyone else was thinking", suuuure.

Everyone knows what they were thinking and are well aware that others were thinking the same.

Israel had threatened to do it and it was not unreasonable to believe they had done what they had threatened.

I am sure even you thought they had done it, were cheering for the "sub-human garbage" getting a taste of Israel's revenge