From: wib...@btinternet.com (David)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Blimey! Ain't they grown!!
Date: 15 Jul 2021 14:13:02 GMT
 by: David - Thu, 15 Jul 2021 14:13 UTC

Just got back from 6 weeks away and the Suffolk garden has gone berserk!

Must be all the rain we've been having.

I say "we", the weather up in the North West has been dry and sunny almost
all the time, and often warmer than back home.

It looks like we will be spending a while just cutting back various
rampant shrubs and general fettling.

Cheers

Dave R

Re: Blimey! Ain't they grown!!

<scpse2$acu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1148&group=uk.rec.gardening#1148

From: bob-hob...@yahoo.com (Bob Hobden)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Re: Blimey! Ain't they grown!!
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 18:48:49 +0100
 by: Bob Hobden - Thu, 15 Jul 2021 17:48 UTC

On 15 Jul 2021 14:13:02 GMT, David wrote:
> Just got back from 6 weeks away and the Suffolk garden has gone berserk!
>
> Must be all the rain we've been having.
>
> I say "we", the weather up in the North West has been dry and sunny almost
> all the time, and often warmer than back home.
>
> It looks like we will be spending a while just cutting back various
> rampant shrubs and general fettling.

Some things on the allotment have grown well, cabbages and beans, but
other things haven't. Indeed I noticed yesterday all our Tomatoes have
Blight despite not getting any warnings from Blightwatch.

--
Regards.
Bob Hobden

Re: Blimey! Ain't they grown!!

<scpvnu$6qu$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1149&group=uk.rec.gardening#1149

From: '''newsp...@nonad.co.uk (Martin Brown)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 19:45:18 +0100
 by: Martin Brown - Thu, 15 Jul 2021 18:45 UTC

On 15/07/2021 18:48, Bob Hobden wrote:
> On 15 Jul 2021 14:13:02 GMT, David wrote:
>> Just got back from 6 weeks away and the Suffolk garden has gone berserk!
>>
>> Must be all the rain we've been having.
>>
>> I say "we", the weather up in the North West has been dry and sunny almost
>> all the time, and often warmer than back home.
>>
>> It looks like we will be spending a while just cutting back various
>> rampant shrubs and general fettling.
>>

> Some things on the allotment have grown well, cabbages and beans, but
> other things haven't. Indeed I noticed yesterday all our Tomatoes have
> Blight despite not getting any warnings from Blightwatch.

Californian poppies (which are almost indestructible) have drowned in
our totally saturated clay soil whilst I was away from home last week.
They are now yellow and lifeless and blown around in the breeze with no
roots to hold them in the soil. Just a sort of yellow stub on the stem.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Re: Blimey! Ain't they grown!!

<kbc6sh-9oad1.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1150&group=uk.rec.gardening#1150

From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 19:45:40 +0100
 by: Chris Green - Thu, 15 Jul 2021 18:45 UTC

Bob Hobden <bob-hobden@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 15 Jul 2021 14:13:02 GMT, David wrote:
> > Just got back from 6 weeks away and the Suffolk garden has gone berserk!
> >
> > Must be all the rain we've been having.
> >
> > I say "we", the weather up in the North West has been dry and sunny almost
> > all the time, and often warmer than back home.
> >
> > It looks like we will be spending a while just cutting back various
> > rampant shrubs and general fettling.
> >

> Some things on the allotment have grown well, cabbages and beans, but
> other things haven't. Indeed I noticed yesterday all our Tomatoes have
> Blight despite not getting any warnings from Blightwatch.

We're in Suffolk too and like the OP everything is growing like mad
and has been for the past few weeks. Fortunately that includes our
raspberries and loganberries. We seem to be mowing the lawn every
other day!

--
Chris Green
ยท