From: efbreg...@gmx-xx.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: 500, 471... well, more like 50
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 22:42:38 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (Zvi Ze'ev)
 by: Loose Cannon - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 22:42 UTC

<quote>

The death toll asserted by the Gazan Health Ministry was not independently verified as of 18 October.[63] The Wall
Street Journal reported that open-source intelligence analyst Blake Spendley estimated the death toll at 50, based
on his review of videos and photos of the scene.[6] On 19 October, Agence France-Presse cited an unnamed senior
European intelligence official who said he believed the death toll was no more than 50.[64] A video geolocated by
Bellingcat showed "[a]t least two dozen bodies" in a grassy area near the explosion.[33]

The New York Times, after reviewing video footage and witness accounts, said on 18 October that there were "scores"
of bodies in the hospital's courtyard and the number of casualties was "high".[63] One analyst cast doubt on the
death toll figure from the Gazan Health Ministry, citing the limited shock-wave damage and the small size of the
open area. Blake Spendley opined that, based on a review of imagery at the scene, a death toll of 50 was more likely
than the death toll of 500 that the Gaza Health Ministry states.[6]

</quote>

One has to wonder by what factor Hamas inflated the overall Gaza death toll.

Re: 500, 471... well, more like 50

<20231022004321.00005c52@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11524&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11524

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: 500, 471... well, more like 50
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 00:43:21 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 23:43 UTC

On Sat, 21 Oct 2023 22:42:38 +0000 (UTC)
Loose Cannon <efbregg73@gmx-xx.comm> wrote:

> open-source intelligence analyst Blake Spendley
> estimated the death toll at 50, based on his review of videos and
> photos of the scene.

So pretty much "guessed" then.

It's hilarious to see propagandists disputing unverified claims by using other unverified claims.

Other propaganda is available.

Re: 500, 471... well, more like 50

<20231022061622.000038e4@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11527&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11527

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 06:16:22 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 05:16 UTC

On Sat, 21 Oct 2023 22:42:38 +0000 (UTC)
Loose Cannon <efbregg73@gmx-xx.comm> wrote:

> open-source intelligence analyst Blake Spendley
> estimated the death toll at 50

I am torn; do we take the word of this so-called expert that the death toll was no more than 50, with the assertion that everyone who claims it is higher is a Hamas supporting anti-Israel nazoid piglet propagandist, or accept the assessment of US intelligence that the number killed was between 100 and 300 and possibly higher ?

Much as I would like to agree with you that US intelligence are anti-Israel nazoid piglets who support terrorist groups I am not sure they would be happy to be described as such.

I imagine they would characterise Blake Spendley as a pro-Israel propagandist shill who doesn't know shit and is simply bullshitting, hoping his claims are parroted as if truth by other pro-Israel propagandising scum.

You "*did* warn" about your "superior memory" so you would have known you had posted a link to that US intelligence assessment when you were previously trying to debunk the Health Authority figure, and you must have remembered their assessment was far closer to that than this latest bullshit figure you are trying to pass off as a better truth simply because it's lower.

Don't worry; when it's all over, even those with piss-poor memories will remember you are nothing but a propagandising cunt.

You will just have to live with the fact that your "superior memory" won't ever allow you to forget that.

Re: 500, 471... well, more like 50

<uh2tfj$q3s$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11529&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11529

From: efbreg...@gmx-xx.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 10:28:03 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (Zvi Ze'ev)
 by: Loose Cannon - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 10:28 UTC

In article <20231022061622.000038e4@ntlworld.invalid>,
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

>> open-source intelligence analyst Blake Spendley
>> estimated the death toll at 50

> I am torn; do we take the word of this so-called expert that the death toll
> was no more than 50, with the assertion that everyone who claims it is higher
> is a Hamas supporting anti-Israel nazoid piglet propagandist, or
> accept the assessment of US intelligence that the number killed was between
> 100 and 300 and possibly higher ?

Umm, it was "low end of the 100-to-300 spectrum."

Be advised that "low end" is not "higher".

Hopefully, we can all agree that the "estimate" of the Holocaust-denying
Hamas neo-Nazis/Islamofascists is unreliable?

Further, If they have inflated the hospital death toll, is there any
reason NOT to suspect that they have also inflated the overall death toll?

Re: 500, 471... well, more like 50

<20231022133749.00007e8b@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11532&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11532

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 13:37:49 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 12:37 UTC

On Sun, 22 Oct 2023 10:28:03 +0000 (UTC)
Loose Cannon <efbregg73@gmx-xx.comm> wrote:

> In article <20231022061622.000038e4@ntlworld.invalid>,
> The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:
>
> >> open-source intelligence analyst Blake Spendley
> >> estimated the death toll at 50
>
> > I am torn; do we take the word of this so-called expert that the
> > death toll was no more than 50, with the assertion that everyone
> > who claims it is higher is a Hamas supporting anti-Israel nazoid
> > piglet propagandist, or accept the assessment of US intelligence
> > that the number killed was between 100 and 300 and possibly higher
> > ?
>
> Umm, it was "low end of the 100-to-300 spectrum."

It doesn't make sense for US intelligence to quote a range and then tell us it's wrong, except by way of propagandising.

Re: 500, 471... well, more like 50

<pPmZM.134979$8fO.60483@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11557&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11557

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 00:40:43 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Mon, 23 Oct 2023 04:40 UTC

Loose Cannon wrote:
> In article <20231022061622.000038e4@ntlworld.invalid>,
> The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:
>
>>> open-source intelligence analyst Blake Spendley
>>> estimated the death toll at 50
>
>> I am torn; do we take the word of this so-called expert that the death toll
>> was no more than 50, with the assertion that everyone who claims it is higher
>> is a Hamas supporting anti-Israel nazoid piglet propagandist, or
>> accept the assessment of US intelligence that the number killed was between
>> 100 and 300 and possibly higher ?
>
> Umm, it was "low end of the 100-to-300 spectrum."
>
> Be advised that "low end" is not "higher".
>
> Hopefully, we can all agree that the "estimate" of the Holocaust-denying
> Hamas neo-Nazis/Islamofascists is unreliable?
>
> Further, If they have inflated the hospital death toll, is there any
> reason NOT to suspect that they have also inflated the overall death toll?

To point out the obvious, they all lie, we lie, they lie, everyone lies.
And for hippy, place stock in US intel ? Thats rich !
But some probably do lie more than others, would be tough to beat
muslims in that but JOOS will always give them a good run for the $$,
and Bolsheviks sure ain't no slouches.

Hamas has a major propaganda advantage, they can parade some bloodied
kids and a few carcasses and claim 200 dead, no one reliable there to
check the stats, and besides, most hamas supporters wouldn't care if the
number was actually 2, 20 or 200 - They see the JOOS as attacking
defenseless starving civilians and are apt to believe and parrot
anything that they hear.

JOOS aren't really bothered so long as the 800lb gorilla has their back
in this fight, they'll drop the bombs we are rushing to them, demand
more and leave it to us to pander to them and try to pick up the pieces,
while they throw petrol on the flames with apparent glee, threatening to
"cut off the head of the snake", and no doubt planning on using 2 US
carriers to do so [after perhaps using your suggestion and floating out
the possibility of using nukes if we don't help them take out the snake].

They are increasing the generational hatred towards them even outside of
muslims, making themselves targets around the world, people [once again]
are not only anti Israel but anti JOO ,, But as you have said, what else
can they do ?