Man belongs wherever he wants to go. -- Wernher von Braun

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Play Want Bin (PWBE 28 Mar 2022)

SubjectAuthor
* Play Want Bin (PWBE 28 Mar 2022)Kendrick Kerwin Chua
+* Re: Play Want Bin (PWBE 28 Mar 2022)Russell Marks
|`- Re: Play Want Bin (PWBE 28 Mar 2022)Kendrick Kerwin Chua
`- Re: Play Want Bin (PWBE 28 Mar 2022)Jaimie Vandenbergh

1
Play Want Bin (PWBE 28 Mar 2022)

<Vbednb5xYt3Ybt3_nZ2dnUU7-dOdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1162&group=uk.games.video.misc#1162

Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Play Want Bin (PWBE 28 Mar 2022)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 18:29:09 -0500
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 23:29 UTC

Insert topical subject matter joke here. Or don't, because everything
topical either burns or itches right now.

Play:
--=--

Demon's Souls (PS5) - Fool's Idol down. I also unlocked the first shortcut
in Stonefang Tunnel, which didn't take nearly as long as I remember having
to do my first time through on the PS3. This is familiar ground, but also
still the best narrative for my money.

Ryu Ga Gotoku 1+2 HD (PS3) - The upscale (and reportedly also a bugfix) of
the first two PS2 Yakuza games, release in Japan only on the PS3 (and on
the WiiU, of all things). It was remarkable to revisit the story again and
see just how well thought-out the plot was in terms of hewing to the
tropes of gangster fiction, but also transcending them. Of course, I was
only experience the edge of everything in Japanese, so naturally I had to
return to...

Yakuza Kiwami (PC) - My first time through on this platform. I had
forgotten that they inserted that whole new subplot that shows Yumi's
reaction to receiving the ring as a birthday present from Kiryu, which
Reina correctly perceives as her expressing a preference. Yes, this is a
big soap opera and I love it anyway.

..hack GU//Last Recode (Switch) - Stupid title aside, the .hack games make
so much more sense on handheld. We never got the PSP titles in the west,
but being able to suspend and pause the stupid game in the middle of play
does wonders for being able to make it through hours and hours of stupid
out-of-character dialogue as medieval fantasy cosplayers talk about work
and life outside of the MMO they're supposedly playing.

Want:
--=--

A ridiculous pile of AS-region game discs and cartridges (Switch/PS4) -
Logged on to Play Asia for the second time in eight years and just went
bananas with the buying again. Don't judge me harshly.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $1,464

Kunio-Kun World Classics Collection (PS4) - $30
Kunio-Kun World Classics Collection (Switch) - $51
Langrisser I+II (PS4) - $39
River City Girls (Switch) - $40
Psikyo Shooting Library Vol 1 (Switch) - $38
Romancing Saga 3 Remastered (Switch) - $40

Total to date - $1,702

-KKC, shopping all his pain away. That always works.
--
-- "People with happy families don't become spies. A bad | kendrick
childhood is the perfect background for covert ops. You | @

Re: Play Want Bin (PWBE 28 Mar 2022)

<Jfn0K.1663996$391.1546360@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1163&group=uk.games.video.misc#1163

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Play Want Bin (PWBE 28 Mar 2022)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 18:37:29 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 18:37 UTC

> topical subject matter joke

Even P&O management would think twice about that one.

> Play:

Hydro Thunder (DC) - reasonably entertaining failure to unlock things,
for the most part. I'm pretty sure I managed all the track-unlocking
at the time, but, blimey. Not easy these days.

> Want:

More arcade racers. I know they're still a thing to some extent, but I
haven't really been too keen on the indie ones I've tried so far.

> Bin:

Nothing.

-Rus.

Re: Play Want Bin (PWBE 28 Mar 2022)

<UeqdnS9hUpr519__nZ2dnUU7-X-dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1164&group=uk.games.video.misc#1164

Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 18:53:08 -0500
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 23:53 UTC

In article <Jfn0K.1663996$391.1546360@usenetxs.com>,
Russell Marks <zgedneil@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com> wrote:
>Kendrick Kerwin Chua <kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:
>
>> Want:
>
>More arcade racers. I know they're still a thing to some extent, but I
>haven't really been too keen on the indie ones I've tried so far.

Spoilers, but I'm going to talk about Sega Rally 2006 a bit in the podcast
this month. It's the PS2-exclusive title that never got released in the
west, and there's a layer of realism and better graphics on top of what
(at the time) was considered a pretty meagre step forward in terms of
gameplay. That suits me fine though, as Sega Rally but with more
true-to-life car models is exactly what I wanted out of it.

-KKC, who needs constant reminding that he is a sad drunk and not a fun one.
--
-- "People with happy families don't become spies. A bad | kendrick
childhood is the perfect background for covert ops. You | @
don't trust anyone. You're used to getting smacked around, | io-nyc
and you never get homesick." - Michael Westen, /Burn Notice/ | .com

Re: Play Want Bin (PWBE 28 Mar 2022)

<jahdkgFnq01U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1165&group=uk.games.video.misc#1165

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: 29 Mar 2022 21:56:32 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 21:56 UTC

On 28 Mar 2022 at 00:29:09 BST, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
<kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> Play:
> --=--

Not a lot lately, thus the absence. Also I meant to press send on this
yesterday.

Back 4 Blood (xbones, PMG) - we lost our fourth player at the last
moment, so went to try this out. It has a lousy onboarding process, but
once you finally get past the tutorial screen-freezes and attempts to
convince you that adding cards to the game is a good idea the game
itself is exactly as you'd expect it: Left4Dead with new scenarios.

The difficulty is a bit hmm, although we have only done one session -
the first foray is split into four chunks, and we cruised through 1/2/3
and then TPK'd multiple times in the finale.

Sea of Thieves (xbones), noodling around just doing pirate things.

Death's Door (game pass ultimate, windows), did some more. I'm *quite*
enjoying it, but it's being more slick than grabby IYSWIM.

> Want:
> --=--

To solder together my Amiga 4000 motherboard. I have a large box of
individual components down to 1mmx2mm sizes.

Move my computers around, sell the iMac Pro.

> Bin:
> -==-

Poor health mostly.

Cheers - Jaimie