From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: Bluetooth on Windows Desktop
Date: 7 Jul 2021 08:47:50 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 08:47 UTC

I have something called an Artinoise Re.corder on order which connects to
a tablet or desktop via USB.

I can set it up with my iPad so I will be able to start making electronic
squeaky noises as soon as it arrives but I would like to connect it to a
Windows (8.1) desktop eventually. I can add Bluetooth with a USB dongle or
perhaps a PCIe card, although I haven't found a PCIe card yet.

Latency will be important so any recommendations for a good quality low
latency USB/PCIe Bluetooth device?

For any musicians here the ability to provide MIDI over Bluetooth would be
a bonus and a card with the good old DIN MIDI in/out would be Nirvana!

Many thanks.

PS the Re.corder is here:
http://www.artinoise.com/

and a demo here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMI1Kg03gQU

I'd say he was a very attractive girl but don't know how old she is so I'd
better not!

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
If you ever find something you like buy a lifetime supply because they

Re: Bluetooth on Windows Desktop

<uXB*Wywoy@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1168&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#1168

From: theom+n...@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Theo)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: Re: Bluetooth on Windows Desktop
Date: 07 Jul 2021 13:06:24 +0100 (BST)
 by: Theo - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 12:06 UTC

Jeff Gaines <jgaines_newsid@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I have something called an Artinoise Re.corder on order which connects to
> a tablet or desktop via USB.
>
> I can set it up with my iPad so I will be able to start making electronic
> squeaky noises as soon as it arrives but I would like to connect it to a
> Windows (8.1) desktop eventually. I can add Bluetooth with a USB dongle or
> perhaps a PCIe card, although I haven't found a PCIe card yet.
>
> Latency will be important so any recommendations for a good quality low
> latency USB/PCIe Bluetooth device?

I don't think I've seen an actual Bluetooth PCIe interface - they're either
USB or something slower (UART, SDIO). You can get them physically on a PCIe
card but those still use a USB or UART connection (either with a USB plug or
via a host controller on the card). Commonly BT is on the same chip as
wifi.

I'd probably look at a USB dongle on a cable because the RF is going to be
better than a card in the back of a PC.

It's all down to the chip on the device - I don't know what chips are
recommended for low latency. Ask some audio people?

Theo