From: ian...@eruvia.org (Ian McCall)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Ventura: 'Copy subject' - mildly missed opportunity
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 14:53:32 +0000
 by: Ian McCall - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 14:53 UTC

Am loving the ‘Copy subject’ feature in Ventura. However, I’m mildly
irritated that it will work on still images in Preview or Quicklook, but not
on paused videos from QuickTime Player or Quicklook. That ability seems
reserved exclusively for videos that make it into Photos, and that’s not
really the use case I have for it.

Not the world’s greatest problem right now, but it would be handy if this
were extended to QuickTime Player and Quicklook for video too.

Cheers,
Ian

Re: Ventura: 'Copy subject' - mildly missed opportunity

<tkbbkt$3kd8a$1@alanrichardbarker.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11783&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#11783

From: alanrich...@gmail.com.invalid (Alan B)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 16:27:09 -0000 (UTC)
sFI.LLS |,nz@w%Vezf1l7MmVVy/J+Z=Dl#quuPgB5)T2awRzA]X\2Sd(RZbxg{3{!mkZr%
@@x'[U&VxyY4]sR 0Cwoj."gM#,0AR}|Lx[bvku-1o<yHzB.M`yRkH(,?Ed3&33O@_#B-+<
g[3:X45}X)<NZfI+R"2rL3( w6edB|\DO7wks0SKvSp!tC3nmcONA8x
 by: Alan B - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 16:27 UTC

On Mon, 07 Nov 2022 14:53:32 +0000, Ian McCall wrote:

> Am loving the ‘Copy subject’ feature in Ventura. However, I’m mildly
> irritated that it will work on still images in Preview or Quicklook, but
> not on paused videos from QuickTime Player or Quicklook. That ability
> seems reserved exclusively for videos that make it into Photos, and
> that’s not really the use case I have for it.
>
> Not the world’s greatest problem right now, but it would be handy if
> this were extended to QuickTime Player and Quicklook for video too.

Just tried on a randomly selected image in Photos. Not too bad but didn't
include half of the nose of the person concerned! As you say, shame about
paused videos from elsewhere.

--
Cheers, Alan