Another megabytes the dust.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: White nutjob goes off the rails

SubjectAuthor
* White nutjob goes off the railsThe Happy Hippy
+* Re: White nutjob goes off the railsTWP
|+- Re: White nutjob goes off the railsJeSSe
|`- Re: White nutjob goes off the railsThe Happy Hippy
`- Re: White nutjob goes off the railsThe Happy Hippy

1
White nutjob goes off the rails

<20231026110049.00003e1e@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11668&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11668

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: White nutjob goes off the rails
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 11:00:49 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 10:00 UTC

https://heavy.com/news/robert-card/

<quotes>

Robert Card is the person of interest and military veteran who is wanted in connection with the mass shootings that killed at least 22 people at a bowling alley and bar and grille in Lewiston, Maine, according to Lewiston police and an internal law enforcement alert.

The active shooter also left 50 to 60 more people injured

According to law enforcement, the alert says, "Card recently reported mental health issues to include hearing voices and threats to shoot up the National Guard Base in Saco, ME. Card was also reported to have been committed to mental health facility for two weeks during summer 2023 and subsequently released."

</quotes>

Re: White nutjob goes off the rails

<YOs_M.152377$6j55.1773@fx13.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11669&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11669

From: ngspamme...@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: Re: White nutjob goes off the rails
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 12:19:04 GMT
 by: TWP - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 12:19 UTC

On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 11:00:49 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> https://heavy.com/news/robert-card/
>
> <quotes>
>
> Robert Card is the person of interest and military veteran who is wanted
> in connection with the mass shootings that killed at least 22 people at
> a bowling alley and bar and grille in Lewiston, Maine, according to
> Lewiston police and an internal law enforcement alert.
>
> The active shooter also left 50 to 60 more people injured
>
> According to law enforcement, the alert says, "Card recently reported
> mental health issues to include hearing voices and threats to shoot up
> the National Guard Base in Saco, ME. Card was also reported to have been
> committed to mental health facility for two weeks during summer 2023 and
> subsequently released."
>
> </quotes>

It sounds like he did try to get help and they just kicked him out or
possibly allowed him to leave.

What do you do with such people? If you lock them away forever for
reporting problems then soon no-one will report they've got problems.

Re: White nutjob goes off the rails

<ZQw_M.113103$HwD9.52995@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11676&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11676

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 12:54:16 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 16:54 UTC

TWP wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 11:00:49 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:
>
>> https://heavy.com/news/robert-card/
>>
>> <quotes>
>>
>> Robert Card is the person of interest and military veteran who is wanted
>> in connection with the mass shootings that killed at least 22 people at
>> a bowling alley and bar and grille in Lewiston, Maine, according to
>> Lewiston police and an internal law enforcement alert.
>>
>> The active shooter also left 50 to 60 more people injured
>>
>> According to law enforcement, the alert says, "Card recently reported
>> mental health issues to include hearing voices and threats to shoot up
>> the National Guard Base in Saco, ME. Card was also reported to have been
>> committed to mental health facility for two weeks during summer 2023 and
>> subsequently released."
>>
>> </quotes>
>

> It sounds like he did try to get help and they just kicked him out or
> possibly allowed him to leave.
>
> What do you do with such people?

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/pv-target-images/1d083dd69661f7d282fd77f9c9793b5eaf3a40755103649fd4a9878d58b8f07f.jpg

Re: White nutjob goes off the rails

<20231026204814.00007aa7@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11679&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11679

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 20:48:14 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 19:48 UTC

On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 12:19:04 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 11:00:49 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:
>
> > https://heavy.com/news/robert-card/
> >
> > <quotes>
> >
> > Robert Card is the person of interest and military veteran who is
> > wanted in connection with the mass shootings that killed at least
> > 22 people at a bowling alley and bar and grille in Lewiston, Maine,
> > according to Lewiston police and an internal law enforcement alert.
> >
> > The active shooter also left 50 to 60 more people injured
> >
> > According to law enforcement, the alert says, "Card recently
> > reported mental health issues to include hearing voices and threats
> > to shoot up the National Guard Base in Saco, ME. Card was also
> > reported to have been committed to mental health facility for two
> > weeks during summer 2023 and subsequently released."
> >
> > </quotes>
>

> It sounds like he did try to get help and they just kicked him out or
> possibly allowed him to leave.
>
> What do you do with such people? If you lock them away forever for
> reporting problems then soon no-one will report they've got problems.

For one thing; you don't give them guns.

Re: White nutjob goes off the rails

<20231030163410.000001a7@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11817&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11817

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 16:34:10 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 16:34 UTC

The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> https://heavy.com/news/robert-card/
: > According to law enforcement, the alert says, "Card recently reported
> mental health issues to include hearing voices and threats to shoot
> up the National Guard Base in Saco, ME. Card was also reported to
> have been committed to mental health facility for two weeks during
> summer 2023 and subsequently released."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67263059

<quotes>

In September, the Maine National Guard had issued a state-wide warning about Card, saying that they feared he would "snap and commit a mass shooting", according to law enforcement sources who spoke to CNN.

The warning came after Card allegedly made threats against his US army base in Saco, Maine.

Officers in Sagadahoc County and Kennebec County then tried to contact Card on 16 September, less than six weeks before the deadly shooting rampage in Lewiston, but were unable to find him at his home.

</quotes>

Maybe they should have done a little more than just knocking on his door and doing nothing more when he wasn't in ?