vuja de: The feeling that you've *never*, *ever* been in this situation before.

aus+uk / uk.rec.motorcycles / Re: Instagram Hashtags and How to Use Flickr

SubjectAuthor
* Instagram Hashtags and How to Use Flickrsweller
+- Instagram Hashtags and How to Use FlickrChrisND @UKRM
+* Instagram Hashtags and How to Use FlickrTurby
|`* Instagram Hashtags and How to Use FlickrCT
| `* Instagram Hashtags and How to Use Flickrsiwilson
|  +* Instagram Hashtags and How to Use Flickrsiwilson
|  |`- Instagram Hashtags and How to Use FlickrPaul Carmichael
|  `- Instagram Hashtags and How to Use FlickrChamp
+- Instagram Hashtags and How to Use FlickrYTC#1
+* Instagram Hashtags and How to Use FlickrgeoffC
|`- Instagram Hashtags and How to Use FlickrMark Olson
`* Instagram Hashtags and How to Use FlickrLondon calling
 `- Instagram Hashtags and How to Use Flickrsweller

1
Instagram Hashtags and How to Use Flickr

<jlk4f1Fa6nfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11245&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#11245

From: swel...@mztech.fsnet.co.uk (sweller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Instagram Hashtags and How to Use Flickr
Date: 11 Aug 2022 10:37:21 GMT
 by: sweller - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 10:37 UTC

I dumped Facebook a couple of years ago - various reasons mostly I
didn't like it anymore and started using Insta to show off my best life.

Anyway, my best life is a bit dull and I stuck to posting my film
pictures - mostly.

I noticed a bit of hashtag weirdness (or protecting the innocent?)

I posted this picture with the usual hashtags:
https://www.instagram.com/p/ChHDXH_oKU6/

Normally I get a fair response from randoms who like film photography
but not a peep (only from people I know).

So I posted this (rather dull) one a few minutes later
https://www.instagram.com/p/ChHTDxhrVdM/

Back to the normal likes etc. It's also to be found in the recent
search on the usual hashtags whereas the first one isn't.

So why would that be? Are Instagram judging me for my decomposing
corpses?

Which leads me onto my next question...

Flickr? What's that all about and how would I use it to post my random
film scans and have them looked at?

--
Simon

Re: Instagram Hashtags and How to Use Flickr

<jlk5rmFada6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11246&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#11246

From: chri...@privacy.net (ChrisND @UKRM)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: Instagram Hashtags and How to Use Flickr
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 12:01:10 +0100
 by: ChrisND @UKRM - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 11:01 UTC

On 11/08/2022 11:37, sweller wrote:
> I dumped Facebook a couple of years ago - various reasons mostly I
> didn't like it anymore and started using Insta to show off my best life.
>
> Anyway, my best life is a bit dull and I stuck to posting my film
> pictures - mostly.
>
> I noticed a bit of hashtag weirdness (or protecting the innocent?)
>
> I posted this picture with the usual hashtags:
> https://www.instagram.com/p/ChHDXH_oKU6/
>
> Normally I get a fair response from randoms who like film photography
> but not a peep (only from people I know).
>
> So I posted this (rather dull) one a few minutes later
> https://www.instagram.com/p/ChHTDxhrVdM/
>
> Back to the normal likes etc. It's also to be found in the recent
> search on the usual hashtags whereas the first one isn't.
>
> So why would that be? Are Instagram judging me for my decomposing
> corpses?

Looks that way - or at least someone is...

Chris

--
The Deuchars BBB#40 COFF#14
Yamaha XV750SE & Suzuki GS550t

Re: Instagram Hashtags and How to Use Flickr

<td2snd$25tc0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11252&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#11252

From: xsu...@xmail.com (Turby)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 05:29:31 -0700
 by: Turby - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 12:29 UTC

On 8/11/2022 3:37 AM, sweller wrote:

> Are Instagram judging me for my decomposing corpses?

Dunno. I don't use it.

> Which leads me onto my next question...
>
> Flickr? What's that all about and how would I use it to post my random
> film scans and have them looked at?

It's been my standard photo file for a few years now. I pay a modest fee
to be a pro. I put everything in albums. Seems to work OK, but it's not
geared to increase the number of people looking at them. That's for
other media, I guess. Like this.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/turbster/albums
https://www.flickr.com/photos/turbster/albums/72157719033226853

I'm in the process of adding another folder for this year's Euro Tour.
Watch this space.

--
The erstwhile Thomas
FJR1300, R1200GS & ST1100 (in memoriam)

Re: Instagram Hashtags and How to Use Flickr

<td2vhu$266e2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11257&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#11257

From: me...@christrollen.co.uk (CT)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 13:17:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: CT - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 13:17 UTC

Turby wrote:
[Flickr]

> It's been my standard photo file for a few years now. I pay a modest
> fee to be a pro. I put everything in albums. Seems to work OK, but
> it's not geared to increase the number of people looking at them.
> That's for other media, I guess. Like this.
>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/turbster/albums
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/turbster/albums/72157719033226853
>
> I'm in the process of adding another folder for this year's Euro
> Tour. Watch this space.

If you add the images to Flickr groups that other people also add to &
view then you will get more exposure[1]

I stopped using Flickr when it got bought by Smugmug and they imposed
the 1000 photo limit. I really didn't want or need any of the Pro
features over and above being able to store more photos. I'd have
happily paid a "mid-point price" but it was all or nothing.

[1] See what I did there?

--
Chris

Re: Instagram Hashtags and How to Use Flickr

<jlkl1aFcqr6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11261&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#11261

From: siwil...@nodamnspam.hotmail.com (siwilson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 16:20:10 +0100
 by: siwilson - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 15:20 UTC

On 11/08/2022 14:17, CT wrote:
> Turby wrote:
> [Flickr]
>
>> It's been my standard photo file for a few years now. I pay a modest
>> fee to be a pro. I put everything in albums. Seems to work OK, but
>> it's not geared to increase the number of people looking at them.
>> That's for other media, I guess. Like this.
>>
>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/turbster/albums
>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/turbster/albums/72157719033226853
>>
>> I'm in the process of adding another folder for this year's Euro
>> Tour. Watch this space.
>
> If you add the images to Flickr groups that other people also add to &
> view then you will get more exposure[1]
>
> I stopped using Flickr when it got bought by Smugmug and they imposed
> the 1000 photo limit. I really didn't want or need any of the Pro
> features over and above being able to store more photos. I'd have
> happily paid a "mid-point price" but it was all or nothing.
>

> [1] See what I did there?

Yeah it's (flickr) not really the place it used to be IMO.

It did seem to have quite a community but I'm not so sure any more.
There were a number of very popular groups you could post to and if you
got lucky you'd make it to "Explore" for the day (top 100?-ish pics
rated by a secret algorithm.) I think I made it once or twice, Vass was
a lot more successful.

I still pay the Pro fee which has increased quite significantly - but
not quite enough for me to find a tuit to put my collection somewhere else.

Mr Corfield used Flickr for his bus/tube photos, I successfully managed
to get his account "memorialised" so they wouldn't take it down for non
payment.

--
/Simon

Re: Instagram Hashtags and How to Use Flickr

<jlklg8Fct00U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11262&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#11262

From: siwil...@nodamnspam.hotmail.com (siwilson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 16:28:08 +0100
 by: siwilson - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 15:28 UTC

On 11/08/2022 16:20, siwilson wrote:
> On 11/08/2022 14:17, CT wrote:
>> Turby wrote:
>> [Flickr]
>>
>>> It's been my standard photo file for a few years now. I pay a modest
>>> fee to be a pro. I put everything in albums. Seems to work OK, but
>>> it's not geared to increase the number of people looking at them.
>>> That's for other media, I guess. Like this.
>>>
>>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/turbster/albums
>>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/turbster/albums/72157719033226853
>>>
>>> I'm in the process of adding another folder for this year's Euro
>>> Tour. Watch this space.
>>
>> If you add the images to Flickr groups that other people also add to &
>> view then you will get more exposure[1]
>>
>> I stopped using Flickr when it got bought by Smugmug and they imposed
>> the 1000 photo limit. I really didn't want or need any of the Pro
>> features over and above being able to store more photos.  I'd have
>> happily paid a "mid-point price" but it was all or nothing.
>>

>> [1] See what I did there?
>>

> Yeah it's (flickr) not really the place it used to be IMO.
>
> It did seem to have quite a community but I'm not so sure any more.
> There were a number of very popular groups you could post to and if you
> got lucky you'd make it to "Explore" for the day (top 100?-ish pics
> rated by a secret algorithm.) I think I made it once or twice, Vass was
> a lot more successful.
>
> I still pay the Pro fee which has increased quite significantly - but
> not quite enough for me to find a tuit to put my collection somewhere else.
>
> Mr Corfield used Flickr for his bus/tube photos, I successfully managed
> to get his account "memorialised" so they wouldn't take it down for non
> payment.

Maybe I'll take that comment back. I just had a re-visit and there's
still quite a lot of activity (+quality photographs) from people I follow.

eg https://www.flickr.com/photos/rutoland/52220848542/

My pics have had nearly 390K views.

--
/Simon

Re: Instagram Hashtags and How to Use Flickr

<pan$64257$c6540f79$9a339e46$c5c2cb37@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11263&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#11263

From: wibbleyp...@gmail.com (Paul Carmichael)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 11 Aug 2022 16:19:52 GMT
 by: Paul Carmichael - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 16:19 UTC

El Thu, 11 Aug 2022 16:28:08 +0100, siwilson escribió:

> On 11/08/2022 16:20, siwilson wrote:
>> On 11/08/2022 14:17, CT wrote:
>>> Turby wrote:
>>> [Flickr]

>>> If you add the images to Flickr groups that other people also add to &
>>> view then you will get more exposure[1]
>>>
>>> I stopped using Flickr when it got bought by Smugmug and they imposed
>>> the 1000 photo limit. I really didn't want or need any of the Pro
>>> features over and above being able to store more photos.  I'd have
>>> happily paid a "mid-point price" but it was all or nothing.
>>>

>>> [1] See what I did there?
>>>

>> Yeah it's (flickr) not really the place it used to be IMO.
>>
>> It did seem to have quite a community but I'm not so sure any more.
>> There were a number of very popular groups you could post to and if you
>> got lucky you'd make it to "Explore" for the day (top 100?-ish pics
>> rated by a secret algorithm.) I think I made it once or twice, Vass was
>> a lot more successful.
>>
>> I still pay the Pro fee which has increased quite significantly - but
>> not quite enough for me to find a tuit to put my collection somewhere
>> else.
>>
>> Mr Corfield used Flickr for his bus/tube photos, I successfully managed
>> to get his account "memorialised" so they wouldn't take it down for non
>> payment.
>>

> Maybe I'll take that comment back. I just had a re-visit and there's
> still quite a lot of activity (+quality photographs) from people I
> follow.
>
> eg https://www.flickr.com/photos/rutoland/52220848542/
>
> My pics have had nearly 390K views.

I hardly ever use mine now. Says 34.2K views. A bit weak.

This is still my favourite:

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbleypants/7321450498/in/
album-72157630014030874/>

Just reading the pro bit. Says porn allowed.

--
Paul.

https://paulc.es/elpatio

Re: Instagram Hashtags and How to Use Flickr

<td3hte$28331$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11268&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#11268

From: bdp...@ytc1-spambin.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 19:31:10 +0100
 by: YTC#1 - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 18:31 UTC

On 11/08/2022 11:37, sweller wrote:
> I dumped Facebook a couple of years ago - various reasons mostly I
> didn't like it anymore and started using Insta to show off my best life.
>
> Anyway, my best life is a bit dull and I stuck to posting my film
> pictures - mostly.
>
> I noticed a bit of hashtag weirdness (or protecting the innocent?)
>
> I posted this picture with the usual hashtags:
> https://www.instagram.com/p/ChHDXH_oKU6/
>
> Normally I get a fair response from randoms who like film photography
> but not a peep (only from people I know).
>
> So I posted this (rather dull) one a few minutes later
> https://www.instagram.com/p/ChHTDxhrVdM/
>
> Back to the normal likes etc. It's also to be found in the recent
> search on the usual hashtags whereas the first one isn't.
>
> So why would that be? Are Instagram judging me for my decomposing
> corpses?

Have you read "The Circle" and/or "The Every"?

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"

Re: Instagram Hashtags and How to Use Flickr

<td57ih$2fkge$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11277&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#11277

From: me...@home.nl (geoffC)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 09:46:57 -0000 (UTC)
 by: geoffC - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 09:46 UTC

On 11/08/2022 12:37, sweller wrote:

>So I posted this (rather dull) one a few minutes later
>https://www.instagram.com/p/ChHTDxhrVdM/

That picture reminds me of the untimely death of Mike Edwards. One glance
and all the trauma comes flooding back. I'm afraid I simply just cannot
bear to look at it, too painful.
Where can I apply to get it removed?
One simply must do one's best to protect the children where one can.

--
Geoff
NTV 650

Re: Instagram Hashtags and How to Use Flickr

<td5hos$2ggmj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11282&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#11282

From: ols...@tiny.invalid (Mark Olson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 12:41:00 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark Olson - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 12:41 UTC

geoffC <me@home.nl> wrote:
> On 11/08/2022 12:37, sweller wrote:
>

>>So I posted this (rather dull) one a few minutes later
>>https://www.instagram.com/p/ChHTDxhrVdM/
>>

> That picture reminds me of the untimely death of Mike Edwards. One glance
> and all the trauma comes flooding back. I'm afraid I simply just cannot
> bear to look at it, too painful.
> Where can I apply to get it removed?
> One simply must do one's best to protect the children where one can.

He had a Showdown with a bale, perhaps his last words were, "Don't
Bring Me Down".

IMHO, 'twas nothing more than nature taking her revenge after years
of him abusing oranges.

--
FJR1300A, GL1000, KLR650A6F, EX250J9A, DR200SE, Vespa Ciao

Re: Instagram Hashtags and How to Use Flickr

<askcfh13vmg78078a17uekc9q0q3uv6gvn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11284&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#11284

From: nea...@champ.org.uk (Champ)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 14:20:26 +0100
 by: Champ - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 13:20 UTC

On Thu, 11 Aug 2022 16:20:10 +0100, siwilson
<siwilson@nodamnspam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>Mr Corfield used Flickr for his bus/tube photos, I successfully managed
>to get his account "memorialised" so they wouldn't take it down for non
>payment.

Well done
--
Champ
neal at champ dot org dot uk

I don't know, but I been told
You never slow down, you never grow old

Re: Instagram Hashtags and How to Use Flickr

<3je7hhljflfpmhl031p1h9gv35evv8auje@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11653&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#11653

From: sf...@london.london (London calling)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2022 21:35:45 +0100
 by: London calling - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 20:35 UTC

On 11 Aug 2022 10:37:21 GMT, "sweller" <sweller@mztech.fsnet.co.uk>
wrote:

>I dumped Facebook a couple of years ago - various reasons mostly I
>didn't like it anymore and started using Insta to show off my best life.

I had wondered where you'd disappeared to.

In that time I've carelesslely become part of the Retired Section!

Re: Instagram Hashtags and How to Use Flickr

<job52pF84jqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11842&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#11842

From: swel...@mztech.fsnet.co.uk (sweller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 13 Sep 2022 10:41:29 GMT
 by: sweller - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 10:41 UTC

London calling wrote:

> In that time I've carelesslely become part of the Retired Section!

Certainly better than driving trains.

--
Simon

aus+uk / uk.rec.motorcycles / Re: Instagram Hashtags and How to Use Flickr