From: ols...@tiny.invalid (Mark Olson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: And there's more
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 23:03:45 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark Olson - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 23:03 UTC

Pip Luscher <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:
> Last night I dropped (well, lowered gently) the Energica on its
> side. Got too blasé about reversing it and got into a situation
> where I was holding it up at around 45degrees but couldn't pull
> it upright. Either the awkward lowering of 285Kg or the
> subsequent hauling it upright has added a back injury to a pair
> of black eyes in the space of five days. Go me.

I dropped a rented R1200RT while reversing in a sudden snowstorm in
Southern California in February. When I tried to pick it up myself
(reflexively) I managed to stress my dodgy lower spine to an extreme
degree. My riding companion was a very stout fellow in all senses of
the word and picked it up like it was a CG125.

I was in great pain going over every tiny imperfection in the pavement
for the 80 or so miles back to El Centro. Luckily I had a bottle of
Vicodin at the ready but it wasn't a pleasant few days after that.

--
FJR1300A, GL1000, KLR650A6F, EX250J9A, DR200SE, Vespa Ciao

Re: And there's more

<tg2kuc$3u413$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11890&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#11890

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 21:05:31 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 20:05 UTC

On 16/09/2022 00:03, Mark Olson wrote:
> Pip Luscher <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:
>> Last night I dropped (well, lowered gently) the Energica on its
>> side. Got too blasé about reversing it and got into a situation
>> where I was holding it up at around 45degrees but couldn't pull
>> it upright. Either the awkward lowering of 285Kg or the
>> subsequent hauling it upright has added a back injury to a pair
>> of black eyes in the space of five days. Go me.
>
> I dropped a rented R1200RT while reversing in a sudden snowstorm in
> Southern California in February. When I tried to pick it up myself
> (reflexively) I managed to stress my dodgy lower spine to an extreme
> degree. My riding companion was a very stout fellow in all senses of
> the word and picked it up like it was a CG125.
>
> I was in great pain going over every tiny imperfection in the pavement
> for the 80 or so miles back to El Centro. Luckily I had a bottle of
> Vicodin at the ready but it wasn't a pleasant few days after that.

A bottle of single malt would have been better innit.

--
Rusty Hinge

aus+uk / uk.rec.motorcycles / Re: And there's more