Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Tiananmen Play Want Bin (PWBE 6 Jun 2022)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2022 19:42:25 -0500
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 6 Jun 2022 00:42 UTC

I keep trying to invent a cartoon character called June Forth and not
getting anywhere that's creatively satisfying.

Play:
--=--

Nier Replicant (PS4) - I think I'm missing just ten of the trophies that
go with this game? Some of them are absurd, like beating a particular boss
under a certain time limit, when you're only able to encounter the boss
after a very long unskippable dialogue segment in a must-lose or
must-survive part of the fight. The one that I've spent the most time on
is the stupid farming trophy for growing that one rare flower that's
actually a plot point, which they thoughtfully presume that the character
has already done out-of-sequence so that you can actually finish the game
properly.

Drakengard 3 (PS3) - Back to this after eight years or so. I didn't notice
before that the faux medieval world of this game is built on top of ruins
that are obviously meant to be motorways and skyscrapers, just as the two
Nier games are. This is more Golden Axe than Zelda, a series of linear
brawler rooms divided by destructible barriers and liberally sprinkled
with inventory items that don't really matter, and then bookended by
invitations to replay levels for no particular reason. But I think the
main reason I put it down before is because the framerate during play is
simply awful, dropping to something like 10 or 15 per second when there's
a lot going on. That half the game is only available as paid DLC doesn't
really appeal to me either.

Want:
--=--

My Play-Asia order - Some items are EU region, and based on their stock
status those are the ones holding up my whole shipment. I'm perfectly
willing to be patient, but Nier Automata is going to be in this particular
parcel and I'm looking forward to seeing how the Drakengard series moved
forward, rather than looking behind at the games from the previous
generation.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $2,671

-KKC, who wonders if the first two Drakengard games are worth his time.
--
-- "People with happy families don't become spies. A bad | kendrick
childhood is the perfect background for covert ops. You | @

Re: Tiananmen Play Want Bin (PWBE 6 Jun 2022)

<PDinK.41207$301.29175@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1199&group=uk.games.video.misc#1199

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Tiananmen Play Want Bin (PWBE 6 Jun 2022)
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2022 08:10:23 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 6 Jun 2022 08:10 UTC

> Play:

PictoQuest (PS4) - this again, but not much.

Shapestack (ZX81) - some testing of a bugfixed and arguably-renamed
version of a certain very original block-dropping 1K ZX81 puzzle game
I wrote 25 years ago. If you pressed Shift in any previous version, it
would crash - now it doesn't.

> Want:

Nothing.

> Bin:

Calling Shapestack "1K" when shapestk.z assembles to 533 bytes.

First using the name Shapestack in 2011, after which everyone seems to
have picked that name for their Android app or wooden-letter company.
Oh well.

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Tiananmen Play Want Bin (PWBE 6 Jun 2022)