From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Suella "unhinged" Braverman
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 11:02:47 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 11:02 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67364745

<quotes>

A row has erupted over Home Secretary Suella Braverman's attack on the Metropolitan Police for its handling of pro-Palestinian protests.

Writing in The Times, Ms Braverman accused the force of applying a "double standard" to its policing of protests.

She claimed aggressive right-wing protesters were "rightly met with a stern response", while "pro-Palestinian mobs" were "largely ignored".

In her article, Ms Braverman wrote that she believed the marches were not "merely a cry for help for Gaza", but an "assertion of primacy by certain groups - particularly Islamists - of the kind we are more used to seeing in Northern Ireland".

The article has been widely condemned by former police officers and MPs, with opposition parties and some Conservatives calling for her to be sacked as home secretary.

One Conservative Party source called the comparison with Northern Ireland "wholly offensive and ignorant".

Dal Babu, a former Met chief superintendent, said Mrs Braverman's comments would cause "huge problems and difficulties for police".

He said her remarks demonstrated the "increasing politicisation of policing", and how the march is handled should be an operational matter for officers.

One senior Conservative MP told the BBC: "The home secretary's awfulness is now a reflection on the prime minister. Keeping her in post is damaging him."

One government figure told the BBC Mrs Braverman's intervention was "unhinged".

Liberal Democrat leader Sir Ed Davey said Mr Sunak "must finally act with integrity by sacking his out-of-control home secretary".

Former cabinet minister Nadine Dorries claimed Ms Braverman was trying to get sacked to give her a platform of martyrdom in service of the right-wing.

"The competition is on now for who is going to be the leader of the opposition," Ms Dorries told the BBC.

</quotes>

It does seem surprising that Sunak hasn't sacked her but he's a spineless coward who understands Braverman's band of nutjobbery reflects the view of far right members of of his own party, will secure votes from fascists and racists in the coming general election. They really do want fascist Farage running the party rather than him, and Braverman is well aware of the advantages of out-Faraging Farage.

As to who these Islamists in Northern Ireland are; fuck knows. It's just dog-whistle lies and made up shit. It's what fascists do.

Re: Suella "unhinged" Braverman

<20231109173714.000048e9@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12017&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#12017

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: Suella "unhinged" Braverman
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 17:37:14 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 17:37 UTC

On Thu, 9 Nov 2023 11:02:47 +0000
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67364745
>
> <quotes>
>
> A row has erupted over Home Secretary Suella Braverman's attack on
> the Metropolitan Police for its handling of pro-Palestinian protests.
>
> Writing in The Times, Ms Braverman accused the force of applying a
> "double standard" to its policing of protests.
>
> She claimed aggressive right-wing protesters were "rightly met with a
> stern response", while "pro-Palestinian mobs" were "largely ignored".
>
> In her article, Ms Braverman wrote that she believed the marches were
> not "merely a cry for help for Gaza", but an "assertion of primacy by
> certain groups - particularly Islamists - of the kind we are more
> used to seeing in Northern Ireland".
>
> The article has been widely condemned by former police officers and
> MPs, with opposition parties and some Conservatives calling for her
> to be sacked as home secretary.
>
> One Conservative Party source called the comparison with Northern
> Ireland "wholly offensive and ignorant".
>
> Dal Babu, a former Met chief superintendent, said Mrs Braverman's
> comments would cause "huge problems and difficulties for police".
>
> He said her remarks demonstrated the "increasing politicisation of
> policing", and how the march is handled should be an operational
> matter for officers.
>
> One senior Conservative MP told the BBC: "The home secretary's
> awfulness is now a reflection on the prime minister. Keeping her in
> post is damaging him."
>
> One government figure told the BBC Mrs Braverman's intervention was
> "unhinged".
>
> Liberal Democrat leader Sir Ed Davey said Mr Sunak "must finally act
> with integrity by sacking his out-of-control home secretary".
>
> Former cabinet minister Nadine Dorries claimed Ms Braverman was
> trying to get sacked to give her a platform of martyrdom in service
> of the right-wing.
>
> "The competition is on now for who is going to be the leader of the
> opposition," Ms Dorries told the BBC.
>
> </quotes>
>
> It does seem surprising that Sunak hasn't sacked her but he's a
> spineless coward who understands Braverman's band of nutjobbery
> reflects the view of far right members of of his own party, will
> secure votes from fascists and racists in the coming general
> election. They really do want fascist Farage running the party rather
> than him, and Braverman is well aware of the advantages of
> out-Faraging Farage.
>
> As to who these Islamists in Northern Ireland are; fuck knows. It's
> just dog-whistle lies and made up shit. It's what fascists do.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67368785

<quotes>

No 10 disowns Suella Braverman article attacking police over protests

Home Secretary Suella Braverman is facing questions about her future after defying Downing Street over an article accusing the police of bias.

The ministerial code says all major interviews and media appearances, both print and broadcast, should "be agreed with the No 10 Press Office".

The article was not cleared by Rishi Sunak and changes demanded by Downing Street were not followed, No 10 said.

The prime minister's spokesperson said Downing Street was "looking into what happened" over the article - but they added Mr Sunak had full confidence in the home secretary.

</quotes>

But crucially not sacked, not suspended, nor sanctioned, and Sunak still pitifully proclaims he has full confidence in her.

Will Sunak ever grow a pair, stop being a spineless captive of the hard-right brextremists, racists, fascists and swivel-eyed loons in his party ?