From: pet...@parksidewood.nospam (Peter Johnson)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: EMR Flexi Season tickets
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 16:13:40 +0100
 by: Peter Johnson - Fri, 28 May 2021 15:13 UTC

Email from EMR promoting flexi season tickets available from 21 June,
allowing eight days travel between any two stations in 28 days.
Also encouraging applications for free EMR smatcards on which to store
the Flexi seasons.

Re: EMR Flexi Season tickets

<pKrzjHTzhzsgFA+a@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=644&group=uk.railway#644

From: rol...@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: EMR Flexi Season tickets
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 08:02:11 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Sun, 30 May 2021 07:02 UTC

In message <pt12bgljevjp387g0odvs1jtprn6dp5t6m@4ax.com>, at 16:13:40 on
Fri, 28 May 2021, Peter Johnson <peter@parksidewood.nospam> remarked:

>Email from EMR promoting flexi season tickets available from 21 June,
>allowing eight days travel between any two stations in 28 days.

I'd have hoped for an email (being a registered customer) but perhaps
they are first targeting people *without* a smartcard.

>Also encouraging applications for free EMR smatcards on which to store
>the Flexi seasons.

A sensible move, so there isn't a last minute rush.

Anyway:

<https://www.eastmidlandsrailway.co.uk/new-flexi-season-ticket>

To distinguish them from their existing 10/28 [carnet-]flexi seasons.

Highlights:

Unlimited all-day travel between two named stations[**]

Available for most routes nationally

Can a Flexi Season ticket be used on multiple operators? - Yes
(unless it is for a specified operator or route. If it is this will
be stated at time of purchase.)

Including TfL?? Need to consider TFL-Rail and Overground, separately
from tube.

I wonder if there will be (eg) a GTR-only flexi-season from Peterborough
to London. The Anytime fare for LNER (ie any permitted) is twice the
price. Currently the LNER classic-season breaks even at two days a
week!!

priced between an Anytime Day Return and a 7 Day Season ticket,
offering savings for commuters travelling during peak times,
2-3 days a week... our new Season ticket calculator which will be
available soon.

But a surprise (this must be to allow the "most routes" feature, when
validators/gates are not yet widely installed on some routes; this
restriction does not apply to the existing EMR-routes-only
carnet-flexi):

Each time you travel with a Flexi Season, you will need to activate
your day pass within the EMR app. This is to make sure that you have a
valid ticket before boarding your train.

<Thread convergence>

If you have a Smartcard, you can buy your Flexi Season ticket online
and add it to your Smartcard via the EMR app. Alternatively, when you
get to the station by 'touching in' on the yellow reader on the gate,
platform validator, or in some cases the self-service ticket machine.

New wrinkle (doesn't apply to existing carnets, as far as I'm aware):

If you don't make all of your journeys within 28 days, your passes
will no longer be valid to use. You can request a refund for the
remaining passes before the expiry date from the retailer you
purchased your ticket from. The refund will be calculated from the
difference between the price you paid for the Flexi Season and the
cost of an Anytime return ticket for each day you have used. An
administration fee of no more than £10 will apply.

....and there will obviously be a break-even point at perhaps six
tickets, beyond which a refund will be zero, just like when
cashing-in a conventional season.

[**] but doesn't actually say if it's valid for travel between
intermediate stations.
--
Roland Perry

Re: EMR Flexi Season tickets

<xNtFCuxYTMwgFAts@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1215&group=uk.railway#1215

From: rol...@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 14:40:40 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Wed, 9 Jun 2021 13:40 UTC

In message <pKrzjHTzhzsgFA+a@perry.uk>, at 08:02:11 on Sun, 30 May 2021,
Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> remarked:
>In message <pt12bgljevjp387g0odvs1jtprn6dp5t6m@4ax.com>, at 16:13:40 on
>Fri, 28 May 2021, Peter Johnson <peter@parksidewood.nospam> remarked:
>
>>Email from EMR promoting flexi season tickets available from 21 June,
>>allowing eight days travel between any two stations in 28 days.
>
>I'd have hoped for an email (being a registered customer) but perhaps
>they are first targeting people *without* a smartcard.
>
>>Also encouraging applications for free EMR smartcards on which to
>>store the Flexi seasons.
>
>A sensible move, so there isn't a last minute rush.

As I already had an EMR card, I thought I'd order a different one (and
GWR seemed a likely candidate, and they are also promoting the "coming
soon" flexi-tickets).

Arrived Monday 7th June, having completed the application process (some
significant issues with the UI involving mugshot-cropping) at lunchtime
on Thursday the 3rd, beating their 5-working-day target.
--
Roland Perry