From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Do cars run better in humid weather?
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 13:34:02 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 02:34 UTC

On 28/02/2022 12:38 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
> My dear old uncle was so convinced. He said it prevented any trace of
> pre-ignition. Indeed I once had an old Volkswagen and it ran better
> in foggy weather.

yes they do run better when the air has moisture in it. at least they
did when cars had carburetors.  but I've noticed my Lancer runs better
when the air is damp and it has fuel injection. someone will be along
shortly to explain the technicalities of it all.  :)

> My uncle was so interested there were plans to
> affix a water fogger just before the carburettor. I can't remember
> what happened.

there were products to do that. I don't remember either how it all ended
up. maybe the petrol companies squashed them?

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam
"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by