Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Hot Play Want Bin In Your Area (PWBE 11 Jul 2022)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 03:34:36 -0500
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 08:34 UTC

I wonder if climate change deniers ever avoid complaining about the heat
because they don't want provide their perceived opponents with any
rhetorical satisfaction.

Play:
--=--

Yakuza 5 (PC) - Just trundling along organically in Saejima's story.
It's definitely more noticeable the second time around that a lot of the
dialogue with NPCs is built to make sense whether or not you've
completed all of the main story, or even any of the interesting side
missions. What I really want at this point is to power my way through to
get more interesting background images, and I get the sense that isn't
really a good motivation to play.

Not Bard's Tale (PC) - Wanted to get into it but couldn't sit for longer
than fifteen minutes at a time. These old CPRGs really do require your
undivided attention in a way that modern games never seem to approach.

Want:
--=--

More Time (RL) - I seem to have it, somehow. Cleaning up the house seems
to have unlocked some sort of guilt thing, where finishing up all the
little things that needed doing means that I'm less anxious about
actually sitting down to play. Of course, when I did I just played
Yakuza, but still.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $2,886

Animal Crossing New Leaf Welcome Amiibo (3DS) - $25
Learn Geography (DS) - $3
Animal Paradise Wild (DS) - $4
Math Play (DS) - $4
Hot Wheels Track Attack (DS) - $3
My Virtual Tutor Reading Adventure First Grade (DS) - $2
My Virtual Tutor Reading Adventure Kindergarten (DS) - $4
Loving Life with Hello Kitty and Friends (DS) - $4
Junior Classic Books and Fairy Tales (DS) - $4
My Chinese Coach (DS) - $9

Total to date - $2,948

-KKC, who hopes 'My Chinese Coach' is a sports sim.

Re: Hot Play Want Bin In Your Area (PWBE 11 Jul 2022)

<mchzK.530166$pqD1.195358@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1216&group=uk.games.video.misc#1216

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Hot Play Want Bin In Your Area (PWBE 11 Jul 2022)
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 16:21:38 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Tue, 12 Jul 2022 16:21 UTC

> I wonder if climate change deniers ever avoid complaining about the heat
> because they don't want provide their perceived opponents with any
> rhetorical satisfaction.

I think after a certain snowball incident, it's probably a bit late to
try that approach now.

> Play:

Minetest (Linux) - a bunch of this again, and yes, the darkness I
moaned about last time was indeed due to a bad display gamma setting.
As much as the base game is somewhat grindy and fairly aimless (it's a
relatively pure sandbox with only minor progression like getting
better pickaxes), I still like it more than I'd ever have expected.

> Want:

Nothing.

> Bin:

Various Minetest things:

- Only finally farming enough cotton to make a bed to set a home
location after several days. And it's not like I was trying to stay
unspoiled or anything, there's just a lot of RNG involved even if
you know what you're doing.

- The debug info (mostly useful for telling you your position and
direction in the world, which saves on having to figure out which
way N/S/E/W is by checking the sun's movement) seemingly giving your
direction as yaw measured anti-clockwise, making 90 degrees West and
270 East. Which can be confusing, even when it does also literally
say West, East, etc.

- The basic game in Minetest maybe being a bit too simple in some ways
(even though I do think the relative simplicity is mostly a plus),
meaning that you arguably need to use some fairly cheaty stuff to
deal with the limitations. Having to enable and use flight and fast
mode and/or teleport to get about quickly seems strange, in
particular. Aside from that the best you can really do is use a
rather slow boat.

- Running Minetest in 1080p not being the best move for FPS on a Pi,
it only tends to manage 20-30 like that (sometimes even less).

- Perhaps inevitably, the map file getting pretty sizeable the more
you explore. Mine's nearly half a gig already.

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Re: Hot Play Want Bin In Your Area (PWBE 11 Jul 2022)