Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: When I Said Hot Play Want Bin Last Week I Was Kidding (PWBE 18 Jul 2022)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 06:18:12 -0500
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 11:18 UTC

Well then. Weather.

Play:
--=--

Bard's Tale (PC) - Just running around, looking in abandoned houses and
killing wild dogs. It's basically Alabama Scavenger the RPG. I'm
kidding, I'm really having a good time because all of the creature
comforts make the game flow much more organically than it did before,
although I find myself wishing that there was a way to view the whole
city map at once. I'm sure there is a way to do that, I'm just too thick
or too blind to see what the control option is.

Freefall 3050 AD (PC) - I didn't know until recently that there was a PC
version of this, and while I'm glad I played it I'm not likely to go
back to it. This is one of those weird physics games like Trickstyle or
Red Ninja, where you're required to have perfect reflexes and perfect
memory and the game doesn't 'cheat' by helping you along the way. If
they'd been allowed to iterate this game concept it might have
benefitted from lock-on or some handy voice prompts or something.

Hydro Thunder Hurricane (360) - Well, it was my son playing mostly. I
apologise if anybody got accidental multiplayer invites as he mashed
buttons. He likes the game so much that I seriously looked at getting
him his own 360 to play on before I came to my senses.

Want:
--=--

More Time (RL) - Real life obligations reduced my gaming time this
weekend to just a couple of hours. No sense in complaining, as I'm sure
there's somebody in the world who wishes all his friends and family
would engage him constantly in their free time about trivial matters.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $2,948

Freefall 3050 AD (PC) - $3

Total to date - $2,951

-KKC, who is too tired to have a work day today.

Re: When I Said Hot Play Want Bin Last Week I Was Kidding (PWBE 18 Jul 2022)

<jjl1bmF2fosU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1218&group=uk.games.video.misc#1218

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: 18 Jul 2022 12:17:58 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 12:17 UTC

On 18 Jul 2022 at 12:18:12 BST, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
<kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> Well then. Weather.

Mm.

> Play:
> --=--

I have played a thing for the first time in ages. It is

Figment (Switch). This is mostly a point'n'click adventure with mild
puzzling, and occasional very simple real-time battles. The game is very
much a dream sequence and pleasingly and prettily mental in a kinda nice
way (not like Sanitarium, for instance). It is rather simple, which
suits me fine at the moment.

> Want:
> --=--

Hoping that the reviews for Stray are positive later today.

> Bin:
> -==-

Global warming.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"History repeats itself. Has to. No one listens."
-- Steve Turner

Re: When I Said Hot Play Want Bin Last Week I Was Kidding (PWBE 18 Jul 2022)

<ewgBK.652230$VPw7.622355@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1219&group=uk.games.video.misc#1219

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 17:12:42 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 17:12 UTC

> Play:

Minetest (Linux) - more of this. I think the appeal is starting to
wane a bit now, but the pure sandboxing aspect is still pretty
addictive.

> Want:

Maybe to salvage some more old Dreamcast saves, it's kind of a hassle
to do but I just rescued an old email backup from 2004 and it has
loads of them, even if you discount dupes there's probably still
dozens. I'm kind of amazed I did so many.

> Bin:

Stupid weather.

Dyes being weirdly impractical to use in Minetest. You mostly make
them from flowers, which are basically impossible to farm from
existing flowers. It's like Minecraft sponsored by Monsanto, if they
hadn't unhelpfully been bought out a few years back ruining the joke.

Mostly OT with this but... the utter pain of getting an ancient backup
copied from an old PC with no USB, no networking, and a 20-year-old
failing hard disk which could still just about boot a Linux install
dating from 2001 to a single-user shell. The PC had serial ports at
least, so I bought a USB converter - which seemed to enjoy horribly
crashing the Pi 400's USB chip or something, but luckily was ok on my
Pi 3. Albeit only at about 11k a second. I then copied the data from
Pi 3 to Pi 400 at literally 100 times the speed, over "slow" Wifi.

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / When I Said Hot Play Want Bin Last Week I Was Kidding (PWBE 18 Jul 2022)