Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Lioness Play Want Bin (PWBE 1 Aug 2022)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 23:09:04 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Sun, 31 Jul 2022 23:09 UTC

Historic. I'm weirdly wishing I cared more about football to share in
the joy.

Play:
--=--

Lord Winklebottom Investigates (PC) - It's really good! And it's also on
Switch and Xbox! Not on Playstation though, in spite of what I said on
the podcast. This game is actually a bit more low key than I was
expecting, but in a good relaxing way. It's concerned with being
cheerful without reminding you at every turn how clever the writing is,
and that's a hard balance to strike in a point-and-click adventure. I
genuinely like it.

Want:
--=--

Megadrive Mini 2 (MD) - I suppose it's more proper to call this the
Genesis Mini 2 since there's a danger that there won't be an EU-region
version, which is a crime due to the number of interesting regional
exclusives that weren't included on the first one. I get why though,
because between component shortages and just plain low risk tolerance
this second go round just isn't going to be as well-sold through as the
first no matter how you slice it. This is by way of saying that any hope
of comparable Saturn or Dreamcast miniature devices should not get too
unreasonably high.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $2,951

Lord Winklebottom Investigates (PC) - $18

Total to date - $2,969

-KKC, who also wishes he played more this weekend.

Re: Lioness Play Want Bin (PWBE 1 Aug 2022)

<p_3GK.368659$YO37.355641@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1223&group=uk.games.video.misc#1223

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Lioness Play Want Bin (PWBE 1 Aug 2022)
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 07:02:45 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 07:02 UTC

> Historic. I'm weirdly wishing I cared more about football to share in
> the joy.

I figured it would end up being another of those traditional wins for
Germany, so, happy to be wrong. :-)

> Play:

Minetest (Linux) - more of this. I noticed that it has a debug.txt
file which lists every block you dig and place; my combined total for
both is over 50k at this point. I'm not sure I needed to know that.

> Want:

Nothing.

> Bin:

The minecarts in Minetest, which seem excessively buggy at least in
the version I've been playing. The surprisingly high level of
resources required to make the tracks doesn't exactly encourage you to
use them either.

-Rus.

Re: Lioness Play Want Bin (PWBE 1 Aug 2022)

<jksd0rFdahdU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1224&group=uk.games.video.misc#1224

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: 2 Aug 2022 10:36:11 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 10:36 UTC

On 1 Aug 2022 at 00:09:04 BST, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
<kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> Historic. I'm weirdly wishing I cared more about football to share in
> the joy.

I was at a festival when the news broke, and the crowd broke into
"Football's coming home" - during a song. Band did acknowledge it after
they'd finished that one and got a cheer, but then the lad crowd broke
into "sweet caroline" and all had to be lined up and shot.

> Play:
> --=--
>
> Lord Winklebottom Investigates (PC) - It's really good! And it's also on
> Switch and Xbox! Not on Playstation though, in spite of what I said on
> the podcast. This game is actually a bit more low key than I was
> expecting, but in a good relaxing way. It's concerned with being
> cheerful without reminding you at every turn how clever the writing is,
> and that's a hard balance to strike in a point-and-click adventure. I
> genuinely like it.

Good isn't it? It's always a worry when friends make something, and such
a joy when it turns out great.

Also been playing:

Stray (PS++) - I think I'm about halfway through. Did the first four
hours in one sitting, unlocked a new area and noticed the time. Enjoying
this very much - it also has a deft gentle storytelling touch. The cat
model isn't as good as it should have been, but the animations are great
all round. The realisation of why the NPCs are the way they are was a
"oh" moment.

Beat Saber (PC VR) - tried to get streaming working on Discord, managed
to stream an hour of the SteamVR control panel instead of the game, no
audio and a silent mic :) Nice one. Apparently there's a workaround,
I'll have another go sometime.

Vampire Survivors (PC) - ah, early access games. They keep adding more!
At one point early in the year I was 100% on cheevos, now I've got about
a third of them.

> Want:
> --=--

Far future stuff like BOTW2.

> Bin:
> -==-
>
> Nothing game-related.

Also, as ever.

Cheers - Jaimie

--
BANACH TARSKI is an anagram of BANACH TARSKI BANACH TARSKI

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Re: Lioness Play Want Bin (PWBE 1 Aug 2022)