17 May, 2024: There seems to be a temporary issue with the receiving email server (beagle.ediacara.org) for some moderated groups.
This means moderators are not receiving articles to moderate.
Hopefully they will fix their issue soon and moderated groups will function properly.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Thunderbird update chaos

SubjectAuthor
* Thunderbird update chaosKate B
+* Re: Thunderbird update chaoskrw
|`* Re: Thunderbird update chaosJenny M Benson
| `* Re: Thunderbird update chaosSid Nuncius
|  `* Re: Thunderbird update chaosKate B
|   `- Re: Thunderbird update chaosSid Nuncius
+* Re: Thunderbird update chaosClive Arthur
|+- Re: Thunderbird update chaoskrw
|`- Re: Thunderbird update chaosKate B
+- Re: Thunderbird update chaoskrw
+* Re: Thunderbird update chaossteve hague
|`* Re: Thunderbird update chaosKate B
| `* Re: Thunderbird update chaoskrw
|  `* Re: Thunderbird update chaoskrw
|   `* Re: Thunderbird update chaosSam Plusnet
|    `- Re: Thunderbird update chaosKate B
`* Re: Thunderbird update chaoskrw
 `* Re: Thunderbird update chaosPhilip Hole
  +* Re: Thunderbird update chaosJoe Kerr
  |`* Re: Thunderbird update chaosJenny M Benson
  | +* Re: Thunderbird update chaosNick Odell
  | |`* Re: Thunderbird update chaosJenny M Benson
  | | `- Re: Thunderbird update chaosSam Plusnet
  | `- Re: Thunderbird update chaoskrw
  `* Re: Thunderbird update chaoskrw
   `* Re: Thunderbird update chaosKate B
    `- Re: Thunderbird update chaosPhilip Hole

Pages:12
Re: Thunderbird update chaos

<jsdaghFhhraU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12279&group=uk.media.radio.archers#12279

From: elv...@nospam.demon.co.uk (Kate B)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Thunderbird update chaos
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 19:31:29 +0000
 by: Kate B - Tue, 1 Nov 2022 19:31 UTC

On 29/10/2022 09:51, krw wrote:
> On 28.10.22 17:27, Philip Hole wrote:

>>> Thunderbird 102.4 has arrived here.  It lost a mailbox completely and
>>> then crashed.
>>>
>>> It now wants me to upgrade to 102.4.1
>>>
>>> But the missing mailbox has reappeared.
>>>

>> The obvious lessons are:
>>
>> Do not allow programs to download automatically. Mozilla and Windows
>> have the option to delay downloads. Best to wait 48 hours.
>>
>> Backup (Mozbackup) before you update.
>
> Kate raised her concerns back on 10 October - I waited 18 days which I
> think is a reasonable period.  Nothing completely lost as far as I can
> tell - and now I have moved on to 102.4.1

I'm on 102.4.1 too now and all seems well. I had to reconfigure a couple
of accounts (those which had disappeared and then reappeared) which had
reset 'sent' and 'archive' options, but otherwise it's behaving as expected.

How do I get off the release-update channel now I'm on it?

--
Kate B

Re: Thunderbird update chaos

<tjs4l0$rs5p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12283&group=uk.media.radio.archers#12283

From: new...@theholefamily.org (Philip Hole)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 21:55:44 +0000
 by: Philip Hole - Tue, 1 Nov 2022 21:55 UTC

On 01/11/2022 19:31, Kate B wrote:
> How do I get off the release-update channel now I'm on it?

Go to 3bars (top RHS)/ go to Settings / Scroll down to Updates / click
"Check for updates....."

ps
--
Flop

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Thunderbird update chaos