Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Play Want Bin Is That All The Heat? (PWBE 15 Aug 2022)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 23:48:45 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 23:48 UTC

Quite ready for the world to not be on fire anymore, okay thanks.

Play:
--=--

Yakuza 5 (PC) - Shut up. This is still amazing. I decided to leave the
rest of Saejima's side quests until later and move forward into Haruka's
part of the story, if only so I could capture more backgrounds to misuse
in Microsoft Teams. I had forgotten that Saejima and Majima had climbed
the ranks of their organisations without the same kind of paternal
support that Kiryu and Nishikiyama did, and that they've made a kind of
unspoken promise to ensure that younger guys on their way up have what
they didn't. That has implications for future Yakuza games that I'm
really looking forward to.

Saejima has an interesting way of expressing masculinity that's quite
different to Kiryu, and that means his opponents underestimate him in
completely the opposite way. Kiryu's enemies think that he's all talk or
softer than he is, and get surprised by his fortitude and his outright
strength. By contrast Saejima surprises his enemies by how thoughtful he
is and how much his inner motivation is not driven by his brick house
build and reputation. When the real sub-boss of Saejima's story is
revealed at the very end to justify the fistfight that closes out
proceedings, it's striking how much the two men still connect and
respect each other, and that's down to Saejima being a decent guy who
only wants to mind his own business. In that respect he's just like
Kiryu.

Want:
--=--

Moar Thyme (RL) - I need to make more time for Yakuza games. I'm
genuinely in a better mood every time I play, and I need some mood
management to get through the next month or so. Honestly I need to make
more time for playing in general, but if I'm going to be constrained
then I'm going with what I know I'll enjoy.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $3,035

-KKC, who has a stupid NIS preorder coming in soon. Probably.

Re: Play Want Bin Is That All The Heat? (PWBE 15 Aug 2022)

<jlv2mrFhk5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1229&group=uk.games.video.misc#1229

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: 15 Aug 2022 14:14:51 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 14:14 UTC

On 15 Aug 2022 at 00:48:45 BST, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
<kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> Quite ready for the world to not be on fire anymore, okay thanks.
>
> Play:
> --=--

Nothing. This last week has been very poor. Haven't even played the
second half of Stray, let alone anything more effort like Lord
Winklebottom.

> Want:
> --=--

Not to be fuzzed out by cardiac nonsense, heat, and discovering that the
antihistamines that used to be great for me now put me in a coma for a
day instead.

More cats and giraffes.

> Bin:
> -==-
>
> Nothing game-related.

But an awful lot of other things.

Cheers - Jaimie

--
I am always a bit unhappy when I spot a bit of text that
made perfect sense in my brain but on passing through

Re: Play Want Bin Is That All The Heat? (PWBE 15 Aug 2022)

<RDBKK.1444551$Aqw9.1136835@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1230&group=uk.games.video.misc#1230

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 00:36:01 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 00:36 UTC

> Play:

Minetest (Linux) - for someone who has an excessive fondness for
climbing things in video games, this is both the best and the worst
thing. Mostly best, but it's also hard not to just "have a quick go"
and get caught up in climbing things and installing ladders and
building bridges and, and, and. Anyway, I have a sort of old home area
near where I started on the map, and a newer one based around some
particularly funky and very tall rock formations reaching literally
from the sea to the clouds, so in addition to gratuitous climbing I
also worked out a slightly more interesting route between those areas
that wasn't just "get on a boat and hold W for a few minutes" or
simply teleporting, both of which work but are boring.

CP/M Rogue (ZCN) - testing out a hack to get this running on the
Amstrad NC200 with squished text so it manages 24 lines (it really
doesn't like running with less). It's getting to be a rather lengthy
test, I'm down to about level 10 so far.

> Want:

Nothing.

> Bin:

CP/M Rogue's quirky fast-movement keys, which work in a way which
seems a bit clunky compared to e.g. Nethack. But if you can't be
clunky on CP/M, where can you be?

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Re: Play Want Bin Is That All The Heat? (PWBE 15 Aug 2022)