From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Cleverly under fire
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 20:37:40 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 22 Nov 2023 20:37 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-67502561

<quotes>

Home Secretary James Cleverly has denied an allegation that he described Stockton North using an offensive term.

Speaking at Prime Minister's Questions, Mr Cunningham had asked: "Why are 34% of children in my constituency living in poverty?"

He was seen and heard to say 'because it's a shithole'.

"I know he is denying being the culprit, but the audio is clear and has been checked, and checked, and checked again."

"There is no doubt that these comments shame the home secretary, this rotten government, and the Tory Party. He is clearly unfit for his high office," Mr Cunningham added.

</quotes>

It's not immediately clear, but it is there if the volume is wound up -

https://twitter.com/REWearmouth/status/1727310456459800593

Whether It's Cleverly saying it or not, I wouldn't like to say, but wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Re: Cleverly under fire

<20231124160512.00003902@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12382&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#12382

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: Cleverly under fire
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 16:05:12 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 16:05 UTC

On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 20:37:40 +0000
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> Home Secretary James Cleverly has denied an allegation that he
> described Stockton North using an offensive term.
: > He was seen and heard to say 'because it's a shithole'.
: >
> It's not immediately clear, but it is there if the volume is wound up
> -
>
> https://twitter.com/REWearmouth/status/1727310456459800593

https://news.yahoo.com/james-cleverly-admits-calling-labour-153549528.html

<quotes>

James Cleverly had denied claims he called the Stockton North constituency a swearword in response to a question in the Commons from Alex Cunningham.

The source said on Thursday: "James made a comment. He called Alex Cunningham a shit MP. He apologises for unparliamentary language."

Mr Cunningham said it was "simply not true", adding he did not "believe" it.

</quotes>

Cleverly is simply lying to weasel his way out of having said what can be heard in the video.