Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Postal Strike Play Want Bin (PWBE 5 Sep 2022)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2022 00:10:03 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 5 Sep 2022 00:10 UTC

Britain can do without timely delivery of legal notices and prescription
medication for a few days, right?

Play:
--=--

NFL2K (DC) - My go-to game for testing out video connections now,
apparently. The Dreamcast was the first regular NTSC-spec system I
connected to my new gaming setup, and it looks like arse on the big 4k
screen. I mean, it's very well animated arse, but it's still arse. I
think if I were younger I'd genuinely spend the time to mod a better
video output onto the thing, but at the moment it's good enough.

Want:
--=--

More backward compatibility - It's sort of a crime that there aren't
modern HDMI-capable systems that will play PS2 and Saturn games.
Granted, the market for such a device is vanishingly small.

Bin:
-==-

The flu (RL) - Yes, this is exactly how I wanted to start my week off of
work. It's a good thing that I put off all the cleaning I meant to do
over the weekend too so that I can really shave away the hours I meant
to use playing games and otherwise relaxing.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $3,097

-KKC, who sees your trains and aeroplanes aren't exactly fully staffed either.

Re: Postal Strike Play Want Bin (PWBE 5 Sep 2022)

<ZxvRK.93938$vSy3.3806@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1240&group=uk.games.video.misc#1240

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Postal Strike Play Want Bin (PWBE 5 Sep 2022)
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2022 23:23:37 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 5 Sep 2022 23:23 UTC

> Play:

Stellar Track (2600) - which sneakily references both the Stella
itself (i.e. the Atari) and, well, Star Trek. :-) Incredibly, this is
a relatively faithful port of the old 70s Star Trek game usually
written in Basic. Except it's not in Basic here, and it was squeezed
into just 4k. It's a bit painful to play with a joystick as you'd
imagine - you're endlessly picking options from menus where you can
only see one option at a time - but it's a pretty solid version. Alas,
it seems excessively tight with the time limit, which combined with
the tedious controls soon makes it a bit annoying to play.

> Want:

Nothing.

> Bin:

Time limits. I can't think of many cases where I've played a game and
thought, "well, it's nice enough, but I just really wish the time
limits were tighter".

The sheer number of variants of the Mayfield/Ahl/Leedom Star Trek and
Super Star Trek games. There must be hundreds.

Stellar Track having you pick a direction from a list of eight
numbers, when you're using a joystick that can be pushed in the same
eight directions, with a graphical display that could easily show
arrows. I know the numbers are traditional for the game but, WTF.

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Postal Strike Play Want Bin (PWBE 5 Sep 2022)