From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Play Want Bin 2022-09-13
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 22:03:05 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 22:03 UTC

Play:

CP/M Rogue (ZCN) - having got reasonably far in this recently then
failed to ascend (well, escape), I predictably find myself trying
again. I probably have Attack of the Rust Monsters 2 in my future.

Want:

Crystal plate mail.

Bin:

rogue.com showing no real sign of having the above.

-Rus.

Re: Play Want Bin 2022-09-13

<hLOcnWf_-c9E4LX-nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1242&group=uk.games.video.misc#1242

Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Play Want Bin 2022-09-13
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 14:34:01 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 19 Sep 2022 14:34 UTC

In article <t67UK.12633$5p2.6710@usenetxs.com>,
Russell Marks <zgedneil@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com> wrote:

Oi. I thought we didn't do this on bank holidays.

>Play:

Bloodstained Ritual of the Night (Switch) - I half-heartedly put some
time into the PS4 version, but this makes so much more sense on
handheld. It probably also makes a difference that it's been literally
many years now since the release and all of the weirder control and
interface bugs have been worked out. I gave the narrative a chance and
it's pretty compelling, if also a bit overacted and undercooked. I'm not
sure if I like the notion of so many different attack types being
available all at once, which means that *all* the buttons are mapped to
something that might hit a target in front of you, behind you, or in
whatever direction you've somehow accidentally tilted the R stick.

>Want:

Atari 50 (Switch/PS4) - Or whatever it is they're calling the fiftieth
anniversary collection that has some of those unreleased prototypes,
Tempest 2000 and the fourth unfinished Swordquest game. I did weigh
getting the Flashback releases for PS4 and/or Xbox but couldn't
understand why all 150 games weren't released on one bit of media like
they were for the Switch, so I just got that one.

>Bin:

120 kg of rubbish (RL) - Slowly moving old furniture, scrap bits of wood
and outdated baby equipment to the curb for the bin men to collect every
other week. Quite a bit of crap ended up leaving the
game-room-slash-work-from-home-space, although no actual consoles or
games because I'm unable to give up even the most indulgent of material
possessions.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $3,341

Bloodstained Ritual of the Night (Switch) - $24
Atari Flashback Collection (Switch) - $22

Total to date - $3,387

-KKC, who is still sore from his bivalent booster injection.

Re: Play Want Bin 2022-09-13

<_pdWK.454357$WRz3.286319@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1243&group=uk.games.video.misc#1243

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 06:51:38 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Tue, 20 Sep 2022 06:51 UTC

> Oi. I thought we didn't do this on bank holidays.

They weren't even showing ads on TV here yesterday, it would have
seemed a bit weird to post. Anyway...

>>Play:

Minetest (Linux) - back on this a bit with the climbing and the
building.

CP/M Rogue (ZCN) - more of this.

>>Want:

Nothing.

>>Bin:

Posting last week about "rogue.com" (in the CP/M command sense) while
giving no thought whatsoever to there probably being a rogue.com
website. It's not what I would have hoped, but I do like the sound of
"ROGUE CAREERS".

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Play Want Bin 2022-09-13