Maintainer's Motto: If we can't fix it, it ain't broke.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Charles Deadpool Play Want Bin (PWBE 26 Sep 2022)

SubjectAuthor
* Charles Deadpool Play Want Bin (PWBE 26 Sep 2022)Kendrick Kerwin Chua
+- Re: Charles Deadpool Play Want Bin (PWBE 26 Sep 2022)Jaimie Vandenbergh
+- Re: Charles Deadpool Play Want Bin (PWBE 26 Sep 2022)Russell Marks
`* Re: Charles Deadpool Play Want Bin (PWBE 26 Sep 2022)John Dow
 `- Re: Charles Deadpool Play Want Bin (PWBE 26 Sep 2022)Jaimie Vandenbergh

1
Charles Deadpool Play Want Bin (PWBE 26 Sep 2022)

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1244&group=uk.games.video.misc#1244

Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Charles Deadpool Play Want Bin (PWBE 26 Sep 2022)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 12:12:22 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 26 Sep 2022 12:12 UTC

One-to-one payout bet for the Tri-Charles era is eleven years. If you
have a fiver you can put down for the under-sixty-days bet for a 20-to-1
payout

Play:
--=--

Bloodstained Ritual of the Night (Switch) - 70 percent of the map opened
up? At about twenty hours in, that sounds about right. I'll have more to
say in the podcast, but so far this is turning out to be exactly the
right flavour and texture of gaming comfort food I needed. Assuming that
I don't foolishly start something else with a lot of time committment
requirements I should be able to get through this in another week or so.

Want:
--=--

All the stuff I ordered from Europe twelve months ago - There's a
crapload of weird exclusives from Strictly Limited and Red Art that
should have shipped ages ago if not for global currency and commerce
problems. The Gaiares Megadrive reissue, a bunch of Cotton and Wonderboy
collections, the Switch and PS4 media for Procession to Calvary, and so
on. I don't mind waiting as a rule, but once a year has gone by you have
to start asking yourself if you're actually going to get the thing you
paid money for.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $3,387

-KKC, who needs more ham and eggs this morning.

Re: Charles Deadpool Play Want Bin (PWBE 26 Sep 2022)

<jpdrl6FllneU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1245&group=uk.games.video.misc#1245

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Charles Deadpool Play Want Bin (PWBE 26 Sep 2022)
Date: 26 Sep 2022 14:35:18 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Mon, 26 Sep 2022 14:35 UTC

On 26 Sep 2022 at 13:12:22 BST, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
<kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> One-to-one payout bet for the Tri-Charles era is eleven years. If you
> have a fiver you can put down for the under-sixty-days bet for a 20-to-1
> payout

I have absolutely no idea what you're referring to, and quite enjoy
that.

> Play:
> --=--

Return to Monkey Island (Mac) - yay it's good. And I can play something
that isn't making my head swirl with attempting to interpret
2D-projected 3D at too low a brain clock speed.
The writing is fun, the intro sequence is clever, Melee Island is full
of the sort of callbacks that would happen after several years away.
I've only been at 'click everything' twice. The UI is nicely streamlined
APART FROM TRAVEL, could really have done with a jump-to-island-map
mechanism, sometimes you can be three screens away and it's all wasted
clicks.
Currently still in ch2 of 5? But near the end of it I think.
Remember to go into the options and tick the "Writer's Cut" box for
additional Ron&Dave nonsense.

> Want:
> --=--

Well, Botw2 is properly announced now. Bayonetta 3 I guess.

> Bin:
> -==-

The usual physiological issues.

> -KKC, who needs more ham and eggs this morning.

Don't we all, in a metaphorical way. Or literal. Or both.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
Sent from my PDP11/45

Re: Charles Deadpool Play Want Bin (PWBE 26 Sep 2022)

<JczYK.544908$WRz3.544788@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1246&group=uk.games.video.misc#1246

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 09:17:29 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Tue, 27 Sep 2022 09:17 UTC

> Play:

Minetest (Linux) - more messing about. The landscaping can do some
funny things in this - at times it ends up with islands in the sky of
varying sizes, which can be hundreds or thousands of voxels or
literally just one. And when you see the latter floating above a
forest which the game decided to spawn a tree on, it looks... odd. It
took me a while to figure out why there was apparently a tree just
floating in midair. :-)

> Want:

Possibly to try some aerial horticulture of my own, given that
saplings are a thing in Minetest.

> Bin:

Nothing.

-Rus.

Re: Charles Deadpool Play Want Bin (PWBE 26 Sep 2022)

<slrntjb531.sra.jmd@achilles.bio.ed.ac.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1247&group=uk.games.video.misc#1247

From: jmd...@nelefa.org (John Dow)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 12:49:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Dow - Thu, 29 Sep 2022 12:49 UTC

On 2022-09-26, Kendrick Kerwin Chua <kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> One-to-one payout bet for the Tri-Charles era is eleven years. If you
> have a fiver you can put down for the under-sixty-days bet for a 20-to-1
> payout

The French had the right idea - execute the lot of them :)

> Play:
> --=--

Actually tinkering around half-heartedly with a few things just now:

Diablo II (Switch): A lot darker than i remember it being. It would be nice
if D4 followed this style rather than the cartoony / WoW style that D3
ended up with.

Days Gone (PC): Enjoying this but the maps is starting to get a bit
cluttered with random shit that i don't care about.

MHRise (PC): Actually plodding through Master rank very slowly. I do
think it's a great game and I enjoy it a lot, but I don't feel particularly
skilled when i take something down that I shouldn't be able to.

> Want:
> --=--

Above Snakes (PC) should be dropping pretty soon. I backed it on Kickstarter
ages ago. It looks lovely.

> Bin:
> -==-

Governments who hand over the reins of control to the Marx brothers.

> Expenditure:
> -----=-----

Not going there

John Dow <jmd@nelefa.org.invalid>
... Blog & Game Diary : http://www.nelefa.org
/|\ Constructed using SLRN and Vi.
/ | \ Zomoniac is Wrong. Fact.

Re: Charles Deadpool Play Want Bin (PWBE 26 Sep 2022)

<jpluk7FtegqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1248&group=uk.games.video.misc#1248

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: 29 Sep 2022 16:15:03 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Thu, 29 Sep 2022 16:15 UTC

On 29 Sep 2022 at 13:49:37 BST, "John Dow" <jmd@nelefa.org> wrote:

>> Want:
>> --=--
>
> Above Snakes (PC) should be dropping pretty soon. I backed it on Kickstarter
> ages ago. It looks lovely.

That's quite a fascinating combo of things going on in that game. I
shall also look out for it!

Cheers - Jaimie
--
boy, n.
1. Noise with dirt on it.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Charles Deadpool Play Want Bin (PWBE 26 Sep 2022)