Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
From: new...@kevinfSPAMNOorde.com (gunthergloop)
Subject: OT:Thursday on Friday..
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 16:06:17 +0100
 by: gunthergloop - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 15:06 UTC

Hello all, sorry to be a nuisance, but my new book is out, see, and
thought I might mention it here because it got a rather nice review
yesterday at booklife.com and I'm feeling good about it, for a while...

https://booklife.com/project/mickey-collins-79978

Sorry for interrupting the traffic. I do still tune in, but I haven't
played much apart from Battlefield 4 for ... ever? Battlefield 2042 is
a disaster, but we all knew that already.

Anyway, great book! And thanks to Jaimie, who proved that it is legible
to people from outside Cork, Ireland. :)

-Kevin.

Re: OT:Thursday on Friday..

<jqj9o9FgonqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1254&group=uk.games.video.misc#1254

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: OT:Thursday on Friday..
Date: 10 Oct 2022 19:22:49 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Mon, 10 Oct 2022 19:22 UTC

On 7 Oct 2022 at 16:06:17 BST, "gunthergloop"
<news1@kevinfSPAMNOorde.com> wrote:

> Hello all, sorry to be a nuisance, but my new book is out, see, and
> thought I might mention it here because it got a rather nice review
> yesterday at booklife.com and I'm feeling good about it, for a while...
>
> https://booklife.com/project/mickey-collins-79978
>
> Sorry for interrupting the traffic. I do still tune in, but I haven't
> played much apart from Battlefield 4 for ... ever? Battlefield 2042 is
> a disaster, but we all knew that already.
>
> Anyway, great book! And thanks to Jaimie, who proved that it is legible
> to people from outside Cork, Ireland. :)
>
> -Kevin.

Ooh blimey that took a while! The wheels of publishing grind exceedingly
slow...

Congrats!

Cheers - Jaimie
--
People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we don't
-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Re: OT:Thursday on Friday..

<2Ea1L.568183$SIb3.18436@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1256&group=uk.games.video.misc#1256

Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
From: new...@kevinfSPAMNOorde.com (gunthergloop)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 10:25:19 +0100
 by: gunthergloop - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 09:25 UTC

On 10/10/2022 20:22, Jaimie Vandenbergh wrote:
> On 7 Oct 2022 at 16:06:17 BST, "gunthergloop"
> <news1@kevinfSPAMNOorde.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello all, sorry to be a nuisance, but my new book is out, see, and
>> thought I might mention it here because it got a rather nice review
>> yesterday at booklife.com and I'm feeling good about it, for a while...
>>
>> https://booklife.com/project/mickey-collins-79978
>>
>> Sorry for interrupting the traffic. I do still tune in, but I haven't
>> played much apart from Battlefield 4 for ... ever? Battlefield 2042 is
>> a disaster, but we all knew that already.
>>
>> Anyway, great book! And thanks to Jaimie, who proved that it is legible
>> to people from outside Cork, Ireland. :)
>>
>> -Kevin.
>
> Ooh blimey that took a while! The wheels of publishing grind exceedingly
> slow...

Yup. I have you to thank for some of that... You were the first person
who read it from outside Cork and confirmed it was legible. Others had
read it and said "it's great, but it's kind of a pity it's so set in
Cork, which limits it." I disagreed and, armed with your views, shopped
it to agents (something I hadn't planned on doing, after previous
experience)... The first agent seemed to really like it and requested
the full script. She mulled over it for months before telling me she's a
little unsure (which is fair enough -there's not much to compare it to).
I then busied myself with other agencies, while that first agent
announced a 6-figure book-deal for another author/book. 🙄

After a year-and-a-half of trying, I got zero responses, so had enough.
I've been down that road before/ waiting through years of silence. Time
to get it out!

> Congrats!

Thanks. There was also quite a bit of editing in the meantime to get it
as sharp as I believe it is now. I'm partly excited and partly depressed
about it, if I'm being honest - I mean, most people love it, but most
people don't know about it. ..Lorra work to be done, but I imagine it'll
be a slow-burner.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Re: OT:Thursday on Friday..