Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Play Want Bin U-turn (PWBE 17 Oct 2022)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 00:39:06 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 17 Oct 2022 00:39 UTC

So I can't tell if your taxes are going up or going down. From the sound
of it nobody else can tell either.

Play:
--=--

Elden Ring (PS5) - Woo. I have a maiden, I've unlocked the base, and
I've learned that if you get attacked by skellingtons or zombietons you
have to kill them twice. I thought I wasn't going to like riding the
horse/goat thing around, but it turns out that's a mechanism for
connecting bits of the map together that in other Souls games would have
been more linear and less open-worldy. No Fia, you can't have a hug.

Want:
--=--

Analogue Pocket (GB/GBC/GBA/NGP/GG/TG-16/Lynx) - Woo. Shipping this
month. Also all the cart adapters go up for preorder in five days. Did
you remember to get yours?

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $3,577

-KKC, who was itching to spend money on something stupid this week.

Re: Play Want Bin U-turn (PWBE 17 Oct 2022)

<icg3L.832763$vSy3.433571@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1264&group=uk.games.video.misc#1264

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Play Want Bin U-turn (PWBE 17 Oct 2022)
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 17:23:26 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 17 Oct 2022 17:23 UTC

> So I can't tell if your taxes are going up or going down.

Why not both?

> Play:

Mineclone 2 (Linux) - i.e. Minetest with the Mineclone 2 game, which
is much more closely Minecraft-like. I think I prefer Minetest Game
generally, but MC2 having e.g. animals/baddies/NPCs, villages, and
weather does make the world feel more alive at least. (It can also
make it fairly annoying, not least because it has spiders.)

> Want:

Nothing.

> Bin:

MC2's map being surprisingly small vertically - it looks like you only
have to go down 60 blocks or so to reach bedrock which can't be mined.
I suppose this is good in some ways, but it feels a bit cramped
vertically compared to Minetest Game.

MC2 having zombies and skeletons appear at night, which catch fire
when the sun rises, but can seemingly take way too long to die from
that. It seems bizarre to have to worry about whether there will still
be night-based monsters wanting to hit you in late afternoon, shortly
before more will spawn.

Minecraft demo (PS4) - I did try this first, but the controls were
really awkward with strange cursor movement. Maybe you can get used to
that, but I found it very off-putting.

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Play Want Bin U-turn (PWBE 17 Oct 2022)