From: faq...@ugvm.org.uk (ugv* Charter)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Monthly Charter Post
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 15:04:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: ugv* Charter - Tue, 18 Oct 2022 15:04 UTC

This is a regular posting of the charter of uk.games.video.misc. Please
direct any enquiries to the newsgroup.

====================================

Charter of uk.games.video.misc (Not Moderated)

Group for the UK-centric discussion of all aspects of the video-game
industry, except those for which existing newsgroups exist in the
uk.games.video.* hierarchy.

Although the focus will primarily be the discussion of current gaming
technology (including - but obviously not limited to - Ancient Greek
Abacus, small dogs, Sinclair Spectrums, PS9s, Dualit toasters, PCs, N64s,
Saturns, Amigas), discussion of older systems are more than welcome.

Discussion of the publications available for the video-games user
(whether printed or electronically published) is allowed.

Announcements of websites containing information relevant to the
newsgroup (eg. tip sites, review sites, etc) are welcome.

Hints and tips would also be welcome, but should be indicated either in
the subject line, or by adding a warning and sufficient "spoiler space"
within the post.

"MCIBTYC" (My Computer/Console Is Better Than Your Computer/Console)
flamewars are dull, pointless and therefore to be avoided at all costs.

The advertising of items for sale (whether as a commercial company, or
as an individual) is banned. There is a uk.adverts.* hierarchy for that
kind of thing.

I wonder if anyone reads that.

Posting of information relating to piracy or the illegal use of video
games technology (mod-chips, etc) is banned.

Basic netiquette should be adhered to at all times. In short: Binary
posting is banned, and attachments in other formats (eg. HTML, VCF, etc)
are frowned-upon heavily, as are excessively long signature files.

Anything you may read by deKay is WRONG. <spurious random character removed>

Newsgroups line
---------------

uk.games.video.misc UK-centric discussion of video games

..

Re: Monthly Charter Post

<slrntktg5g.4ueu.jmd@achilles.bio.ed.ac.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1266&group=uk.games.video.misc#1266

From: jmd...@nelefa.org (John Dow)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Monthly Charter Post
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 15:05:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Dow - Tue, 18 Oct 2022 15:05 UTC

On 2022-10-18, ugv* Charter <faq@ugvm.org.uk> wrote:
> This is a regular posting of the charter of uk.games.video.misc. Please
> direct any enquiries to the newsgroup.

Sorry about the missing charter posts. I've just noticed that the news
server password encoded in the perl script which posts it was changed
about a decade ago and I didn't update the script :-D

John Dow <jmd@nelefa.org.invalid>
... Blog & Game Diary : http://www.nelefa.org
/|\ Constructed using SLRN and Vi.
/ | \ Zomoniac is Wrong. Fact.

Re: Monthly Charter Post

<tioanl$9nb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1268&group=uk.games.video.misc#1268

From: new...@economic-truth.co.uk (Tim Miller)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 08:58:47 +0100
 by: Tim Miller - Wed, 19 Oct 2022 07:58 UTC

On 18 Oct 2022 15:05, John Dow wrote:
> On 2022-10-18, ugv* Charter <faq@ugvm.org.uk> wrote:
>> This is a regular posting of the charter of uk.games.video.misc. Please
>> direct any enquiries to the newsgroup.
>
> Sorry about the missing charter posts. I've just noticed that the news
> server password encoded in the perl script which posts it was changed
> about a decade ago and I didn't update the script :-D

I think it seems to have added in some added example systems ...

Tim (tm)
--
Blog: xexyz.blogspot.com
Site: www.economic-truth.co.uk

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Monthly Charter Post