From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: drive solo across Nullarbor
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 15:26:47 +1100
 by: Max - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 04:26 UTC

My 76 year old father wants to drive solo across the Nullarbor (Perth to
Adelaide).

Is it 4 lanes all the way across? I'm a bit concerned about the road
trains coming in the opposite direction.

I'm a bit concerned generally about the idea, due to his driving skills
not being as good as they were. But he his determined to do it.

(He is driving in a 8 year old Nissan Pathfinder)

Re: drive solo across Nullarbor

<mmol2h9cu0vshh83f5dop98am3feht8mm0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12786&group=aus.cars#12786

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: drive solo across Nullarbor
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 16:53:31 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 05:53 UTC

On Fri, 11 Mar 2022 15:26:47 +1100, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:

>My 76 year old father wants to drive solo across the Nullarbor (Perth to
>Adelaide).

>Is it 4 lanes all the way across? I'm a bit concerned about the road
>trains coming in the opposite direction.
>
>I'm a bit concerned generally about the idea, due to his driving skills
>not being as good as they were. But he his determined to do it.

Get advice from someone who's done it. Frequent rest/exercise stops.
My dear sister does long drives and swears by audio books to keep
awake. Relevant medications. Quality polarizing sunnies.

>(He is driving in a 8 year old Nissan Pathfinder)

Re: drive solo across Nullarbor

<t0eoat$ih8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12787&group=aus.cars#12787

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 13:56:47 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 05:56 UTC

On 11/03/2022 12:26 pm, Max wrote:
> My 76 year old father wants to drive solo across the Nullarbor (Perth to
> Adelaide).
>
> Is it 4 lanes all the way across? I'm a bit concerned about the road
> trains coming in the opposite direction.
>
> I'm a bit concerned generally about the idea, due to his driving skills
> not being as good as they were. But he his determined to do it.
>
> (He is driving in a 8 year old Nissan Pathfinder)

Don't worry. His Pathfinder will have a broken timing chain before he
hits Glen Forrest.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if