Have no friends not equal to yourself. -- Confucius

aus+uk / aus.cars / O/T NT murder trial.

SubjectAuthor
* O/T NT murder trial.jonz@ nothere.com
`* O/T NT murder trial.Max
 `* O/T NT murder trial.Sylvia Else
  +- O/T NT murder trial.Daryl
  +- O/T NT murder trial.Yosemite Sam
  `* O/T NT murder trial.Max
   +* O/T NT murder trial.Sylvia Else
   |+* O/T NT murder trial.Yosemite Sam
   ||`* O/T NT murder trial.alvey
   || +* O/T NT murder trial.Rod Speed
   || |`* O/T NT murder trial.alvey
   || | `- O/T NT murder trial.Rod Speed
   || `- O/T NT murder trial.Yosemite Sam
   |+- O/T NT murder trial.Rod Speed
   |`* O/T NT murder trial.Max
   | +* O/T NT murder trial.Sylvia Else
   | |+- O/T NT murder trial.Rod Speed
   | |`* O/T NT murder trial.Max
   | | `- O/T NT murder trial.Rod Speed
   | +* O/T NT murder trial.Rod Speed
   | |`* O/T NT murder trial.Yosemite Sam
   | | `- O/T NT murder trial.Rod Speed
   | `- O/T NT murder trial.Yosemite Sam
   `- O/T NT murder trial.Rod Speed

1
O/T NT murder trial.

<1252b644-f024-4763-b8bc-58b7dffed88cn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12784&group=aus.cars#12784

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 20:43:33 -0800 (PST)
Subject: O/T NT murder trial.
From: johnhhhi...@gmail.com (jonz@ nothere.com)
 by: jonz@ nothere.com - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 04:43 UTC

I support Constable Zach Rolfe
t6S26f7onl1a11orh5c2d89 ·
Unanimous decision
Not Guilty on all three counts
1.3K Comments

John Hinton
Yep, Justice is done.!!
Reply5m
Greg Douglas
ABSOLITELY FANTASTIC !!! COP THAT STRICKLAND !!
Reply1hEdited
Emma Kate
Well bloody done guys! The outcome it rightly deserved. Congratulations to Zach, his defence team, his family & to all the police unions who banded together to support you.
Justice has been served. What a great day 💙💙
Reply1h
Dee Goymer
Emma Kate and to all the serving NT police for their positive thoughts for Zach and his team, knowing all along, how wrong this was. 🥰
Reply25m

Sheila Eagleton
Fantastic news, best ever news for a long, long time, great job jury folk. 👏👏👏 Time for healing and rest Zach and Family now after this horrendous nightmare that you have all been put through by the CM of the NT and the NTPF hierarchy, time f… See more
Reply56m
Dian Dunn
Could not have said that any better
Reply41m
Most Relevant is selected, so some replies may have been filtered out.

Karen Brazier
Finally some good news. Zach enjoy the rest of your life x
I’m so thrilled for Zach & his family.
Reply52m
Jennelle Dunkin
So so happy that you all got the right result. This farce has been too painful for us all…
Surely now there will be consequences for those that put Zach in this terrible and ridiculous position.
Zach you have continued to show such grace in all of this. Well done to you and your family for staying strong and giving us faith that common sense has prevailed.
Much love and happiness is sure to come your way now! Long overdue and well deserved! You are a true gentleman, and the NT police have lost a wonderful asset to their team…
Here is to a bright and beautiful future ahead!!
🥰🥰🤩🤩
Reply43m
Mel Haby
YES YES YES!!!!!
Have been so anxious awaiting news of a verdict, just so happy for Zach and his family that this part is over. Now for Zach to repair his life and hopefully receive reparation
Reply1h
Sue Hearl
Fantastic news. As is should be. Never a doubt .
Zach should never have had to go through this. I hope Zach gets compensated for all he has been through.
Best wishes Zach and all the best for the future.
Time to celebrate
May be an image of text
Reply56m
Alecia Thompson
Sue Hearl 110%
Reply44m
Janelle Williamson
Alecia Thompson great outcome
Reply22m
Most Relevant is selected, so some replies may have been filtered out.

Ursula Culleton
Fantastic news!! The only decision. Zach was stabbed performing his sworn duties and defended not only himself, but also his partner, from an armed and dangerous offender.
Reply57m
Linda Ross
What a relief. For every person who ever seeks to be protected by police.
Reply16m
Terry Ahearn
What great News. I hope those responsible for the sham are now brought to Justice
Reply1h

Top fan
Lex West
Well done Jury!
Such a relief.
Reply28m
Graham Baly
So pleased the Jury was able to see the lack of a case and the lawfulness of the Police action.
Best wishes to Zach for his future.
May the NT police hierarchy hang there heads in shame for their disgraceful decisions to prosecute.
Reply1h

Top fan
Bob Lawson
Graham Baly
Definitely Graham
The Police hierarchy in the NT are deplorable
Reply48m
Louise Kelly
Graham Baly - agree wholeheartedly with your comments in particular re the NT police hierarchy. They will be sued and made to compensate for their disgraceful decisions
Reply44m

Amanda Trezise
I cannot love this outcome enough. Well done to the whole team & to Zach carrying out his role as a police officer with integrity 💙
Reply50m
Leigh Healy
Brilliant news! I’m so happy for Zach and his loved ones. Everyone responsible with charging him in the first place deserves severe punishment for their part in this travesty and putting Zach through this nightmare 🤬
Reply30m
Sonja Kennedy
Fantastic news...been feeling sick earlier..waiting....thank goodness for this outcome....so happy for Zach and his family and friends 💖
Reply30m

Top fan
Bernard Cox
Bloody brilliant - common sense prevailed. What an absolute waste of time and resources, not to mention the stress on Zach and his family. Awesome result.
Reply41m
Diane Christiansen
So happy for Zach & his family! Hopefully this nightmare can be put behind him. It should never have come to this. I hope he sues the pants off the NT government for trumped up charges against him. Zach was defending his partner & himself!
Reply1h

Top fan
Angela Bohrnsen
I could not be happier for Zach and his family today 💙 the right decision of not guilty on all counts 💙 I for one will be raising a glass for you 🥂 hold your head high and continue onto a bright future 💙
Reply1h
Janet Mackey
I can't even imagine what it's been like for Zach, his family and all standing behind him.... So happy to hear the update, absolutely fantastic outcome! 🖤💙🖤
Reply36m

Top fan
Cherry Cameron
The best news ever! So happy for Zach & well done to all his legal supporters. Justice has prevailed. A reality check for the NT, why did this ever get to court!
Reply1h
SJ Yeo
Wonderful news. So relieved for Zach and his family. Now time to take them to the absolute cleaners for an unjust and malicious prosecution!!!
Reply1h
Tiff Clay Evans
Wow! Great news. Must’ve been close to setting a record for juror decision making.
Two lives, communities, families in tatters over the last few years for what? To protect the politicizing of a tragic event where there were no winners. I’d like to… See more
Reply31m
Shell Hunt Johnson
Wonderful news!!! Let this poor lad and his family rebuild his life 👍
Reply1h
Jessica Dangerfield
Yes!!!! What a huge relief for Zach and his family. What a relief for police in Australia knowing the law is there to ultimately protect us too. Brilliant work by the defence, the Police Unions and Zach himself.
Reply45m
Jo Groves
I couldn’t love this any more, justice has been served. I offer my sincere apologies on behalf of the NT Police for putting you & your family though this atrocity Zach👍🏼
Reply1h
Julie Donohue
Yes! I had great faith in the jury, but was still nervous! So glad for Zach and his family. He had thousands of people backing him and such unwavering and loving support from his parents. Kudos to them for raising such a brave and dignified human. Sad … See more
Reply1h
Elliot James
Great result. I hope Zach is aware of how much support he had through this whole saga. A family has tragically lost a son but this whole case was flawed from the start. I hope he sues anyone and everyone he can associated with this debacle - costs + compensation!!
Reply46m
Rhegan Hartwig Lawry
What we all have known all along! Feel sorry for Zach, his family and friends to have been dragged through this heart wrenching ordeal. His integrity has shone through this entire process. So happy to hear this verdict finally!
Reply1h
Carissa Read
Best outcome
Absolutely thrilled for Zach his family and all his supporters.
May those who tried to make this into something it never was hang their heads in shame.
Reply57m
Narelle McKenzie
Thankgod the evidence was able to show the truth.
Wishing Zach health and happiness after such a ridiculous with hunt
Reply1h
Sheri McHours
The right decision. Zach was just doing his job. So great. 💙
Reply1h
June Dowling
Such a relief for Zac & his family & also for the Police Association who were there every step of the way supporting the Rolfe family.
Reply1h
Michelle Preston
Hallelujah. I’m overjoyed for Zach and his family. And for NT residents who thought the whole thing was ridiculous. Thank goodness our justice system prevailed.
Reply1hEdited
Julie Crea
Best news I have heard in some time! Take care out police community all around the territory and the country 💙💙💙💙🥰🥰🥰🥰 Richard so happy for your family! Take care of each other x
Reply1h
Wayne Jeff Reilly
I’m so happy with decision and annoyed he had to be put through that.
Well done to the Police Association and everyone that contributed to his defence. I think the quickness in the jury’s decision shows how lame and ludicrous NTPF hierarchy was in their prosecution.
Reply15m
Harry Cameron
Absolutely awesome result. Never in doubt in my mind. Never should have been before the courts. Now I want compensation for Zach and consequences for the clowns who referred him in the first place
Reply27m
Dave Watson
Great news.. well done Zac. Staying strong through such horrible circumstances. All the best in your future endeavours. 🍺👍
Reply46m

Top fan
Dominic Liam
This is brilliant news! I feel sorry for Zach that he’s had to go through this farce but also immensely relieved for him
Reply1h
Tracey Gale
Well done…. Common sense prevailed.
Sad for the family, but not intentional…… police deal with so much….
Reply49m

Top fan
Kathy Hatchman
Absolutely fantastic Great News ! Well done to the defence team and Best Wishes to Zac & his Parents .
Reply1h
Jo Hocking
Best news I've heard! Congratulations to Zach, his family, Legal team, The Police Association, and your support team. What a fantastic outcome. 💙
Reply1h
Cecil Winter
Fantastic, now to pot those responsible for this travesty of justice.
Reply59m
Tim SBlue
The best news anyone could ask for. Well done to the defence and the team. Zach should never had to go through this ordeal and it shows a clear and systemic failing by the NTPF.
Reply48m
Tim Fleming
Congratulations on a well deserved win... mind you should never have been charged. Hope the defence can seek costs against the Crown for this outrageous act
Reply54m
Bee Jam
Amazing news for Zach and his family. This was the only outcome that should have ever happened. We were with you guys all the way 💙
Reply1h
Irik Rellum
I couldn't possibly love this any more. Shedding a few tears of relief for a guy I've never met - both your plight and dignity have resonated with thousands Zach. Common sense, at last.
Reply1h
Phil Newton
The right verdict on all counts. And again Zac Rolfe showing his professionalism and empathy on the steps of the court by acknowledging the deceased's family would be hurting and not throwing anyone under the bus. A courageous and worthy young man and Police Officer.
Reply43m
Shane Bamford
The NT Police Valour Medal is awarded by the Commissioner of Police to a member for displaying exceptional bravery in extremely perilous circumstances or who acts courageously and responsibly in the face of potential or actual danger to their life and … See more
No photo description available.
Reply1h
Julie Walsh
YAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH SUCH GOOD NEWS!!!! I'm so, so pleased for Zach, for his family, and for the Police Force as a whole!
Reply1hEdited
Bronnie Millard
The relief this poor family must be feeling would be indescribable. Now let's see whose heads roll !!!
Reply1h
Mike Sierra
Such a great outcome and the way justice should be!!! Amazing day and news for zach and the family
Reply1h
Alana Fry
Wonderful news!! Hopefully Zach and his family can put this awful ordeal behind them and Zach can rebuild his life
Reply1h
Samantha Denton
I was so happy to hear this. Well done to Zach's team. I'm so glad it's finally over for him. Best news ever!!!
Reply58m
Jess Ward
This is the best news.
I can't begin to imagine how relieved Zach is. I hope that this whole ordeal hasn't affected his mental health beyond repair.
Congratulations to everyone involved. … See more
Reply6m
Mel Warner Dann
Absolutely fantastic news!! Congrats to Zach and his family and the legal team and police force who supported him .... Now lets see some heads roll on those who let it get this far in the first place!
Reply1h

Click here to read the complete article
Re: O/T NT murder trial.

<t0gfa7$16g3$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12834&group=aus.cars#12834

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: O/T NT murder trial.
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 08:35:01 +1100
 by: Max - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 21:35 UTC

On 11/03/2022 3:43 pm, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
> I support Constable Zach Rolfe
> t6S26f7onl1a11orh5c2d89 ·
> Unanimous decision
> Not Guilty on all three counts
> 1.3K Comments
>

> John Hinton
> Yep, Justice is done.!!
> Reply5m

What about the poor aboriginal that got killed unnecessarily?

<j91vqmFrctiU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12835&group=aus.cars#12835

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 09:12:38 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 22:12 UTC

On 12-Mar-22 8:35 am, Max wrote:
> On 11/03/2022 3:43 pm, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
>> I support Constable Zach Rolfe
>> t6S26f7onl1a11orh5c2d89  ·
>> Unanimous decision
>> Not Guilty on all three counts
>> 1.3K Comments
>>

>> John Hinton
>> Yep, Justice is done.!!
>> Reply5m
>
> What about the poor aboriginal that got killed unnecessarily?

He'll think twice before trying to use a knife on a police officer.

Sylvia.

Re: O/T NT murder trial.

<j922k2Fru23U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12836&group=aus.cars#12836

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 10:00:15 +1100
 by: Daryl - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 23:00 UTC

On 12/3/2022 9:12 am, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 12-Mar-22 8:35 am, Max wrote:
>> On 11/03/2022 3:43 pm, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
>>> I support Constable Zach Rolfe
>>> t6S26f7onl1a11orh5c2d89  ·
>>> Unanimous decision
>>> Not Guilty on all three counts
>>> 1.3K Comments
>>>

>>> John Hinton
>>> Yep, Justice is done.!!
>>> Reply5m
>>
>> What about the poor aboriginal that got killed unnecessarily?
>>

> He'll think twice before trying to use a knife on a police officer.

Yep, If you can't do the time (or suffer the consequences) don't do the
crime, simple.

--
Daryl

Re: O/T NT murder trial.

<j9232pFs0jhU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12837&group=aus.cars#12837

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 10:08:28 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 23:08 UTC

On 12/03/2022 9:12 am, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 12-Mar-22 8:35 am, Max wrote:
>> On 11/03/2022 3:43 pm, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
>>> I support Constable Zach Rolfe
>>> t6S26f7onl1a11orh5c2d89  ·
>>> Unanimous decision
>>> Not Guilty on all three counts
>>> 1.3K Comments
>>>

>>> John Hinton
>>> Yep, Justice is done.!!
>>> Reply5m
>>
>> What about the poor aboriginal that got killed unnecessarily?
>>

> He'll think twice before trying to use a knife on a police officer.

he can't think anymore, he's dead!  :) (not a knife btw, a pair of
scissors). but yes, hopefully others will think twice. and of course the
aboriginal community will make a big song and dance about how he was an
innocent victim of racial intolerance and police brutality, just as they
do in the USA when blacks are killed by police.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just read
like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"- Xeno on Grubby Tech
"You cannot turn Darren's lies into the truth by attempting to *discredit*
what *I* say. You just make yourself look more of a dick"- Xeno to Grubby Tech

Re: O/T NT murder trial.

<t0gppv$136h$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12842&group=aus.cars#12842

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 11:34:07 +1100
 by: Max - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 00:34 UTC

On 12/03/2022 9:12 am, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 12-Mar-22 8:35 am, Max wrote:
>> On 11/03/2022 3:43 pm, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
>>> I support Constable Zach Rolfe
>>> t6S26f7onl1a11orh5c2d89  ·
>>> Unanimous decision
>>> Not Guilty on all three counts
>>> 1.3K Comments
>>>

>>> John Hinton
>>> Yep, Justice is done.!!
>>> Reply5m
>>
>> What about the poor aboriginal that got killed unnecessarily?
>>

> He'll think twice before trying to use a knife on a police officer.

I think the cop got off easy. The proseuction case was that 2 shots were
fired after the victim was subdued.

Re: O/T NT murder trial.

<j929atFt4ucU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12843&group=aus.cars#12843

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 11:54:51 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 00:54 UTC

On 12-Mar-22 11:34 am, Max wrote:
> On 12/03/2022 9:12 am, Sylvia Else wrote:

>>> What about the poor aboriginal that got killed unnecessarily?
>>>

>> He'll think twice before trying to use a knife on a police officer.
>>

> I think the cop got off easy. The proseuction case was that 2 shots were
> fired after the victim was subdued.

All three shots were fired within 3.1 seconds. It is easy to analyse the
sequence from the comfort and safety of one's armchair, but the officer
was responding to a sudden emergency not of his own creation, while
subject to the inevitable flow of adrenaline that the body produces in
this situation.

I am firmly of the view that once a person creates such a scenario, they
must accept the consequences that flow from a normal human response, and
cannot expect the other party to respond in the cool analytical way one
would like humans to be capable of, but which they are usually not.

Sylvia.

Re: O/T NT murder trial.

<op.1iv9bbmobyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12847&group=aus.cars#12847

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 12:34:13 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 01:34 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Sylvia Else wrote
>> Max wrote
>>> jonz@ nothere.com wrote

>>> What about the poor aboriginal that got killed unnecessarily?

That fuckwit doesn't get to go at the cops with
an axe or sharpened medical scissors again.

>> He'll think twice before trying to use a knife on a police officer.

Unlikely he has any capacity for thought anymore.

> I think the cop got off easy.

More fool you.

> The proseuction case was that 2 shotswere fired after the victim was
> subdued.

And the jury decided that he did what he was trained to do.

Re: O/T NT murder trial.

<j92blfFthiaU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12848&group=aus.cars#12848

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 12:35:00 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 01:35 UTC

On 12/03/2022 11:54 am, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 12-Mar-22 11:34 am, Max wrote:

>>> He'll think twice before trying to use a knife on a police officer.
>>>

>> I think the cop got off easy. The proseuction case was that 2 shots
>> were fired after the victim was subdued.
>
> All three shots were fired within 3.1 seconds. It is easy to analyse
> the sequence from the comfort and safety of one's armchair, but the
> officer was responding to a sudden emergency not of his own creation,
> while subject to the inevitable flow of adrenaline that the body
> produces in this situation.
>
> I am firmly of the view that once a person creates such a scenario,
> they must accept the consequences that flow from a normal human
> response, and cannot expect the other party to respond in the cool
> analytical way one would like humans to be capable of, but which they
> are usually not.

spot on!

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just read
like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"- Xeno on Grubby Tech
"You cannot turn Darren's lies into the truth by attempting to *discredit*
what *I* say. You just make yourself look more of a dick"- Xeno to Grubby Tech

Re: O/T NT murder trial.

<op.1iv9h2x5byq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12850&group=aus.cars#12850

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 12:38:16 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 01:38 UTC

Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
> Max wrote
>> Sylvia Else wrote
>>> Max wrote

>>> He'll think twice before trying to use a knife on a police officer.
>>>
>> I think the cop got off easy. The proseuction case was that 2 shots
>> were fired after the victim was subdued.

> All three shots were fired within 3.1 seconds. It is easy to analyse the
> sequence from the comfort and safety of one's armchair, but the officer
> was responding to a sudden emergency not of his own creation,

And knowing that that fuckwit had previously gone after other cops with an
axe.

> while subject to the inevitable flow of adrenalinethat the body
> produces in this situation.

> I am firmly of the view that once a person creates such a scenario, they
> must accept the consequences that flow from a normal human response,

Yep, me too.

> and cannot expect the other party to respond in the cool analytical way
> one would like humans to be capable of, but which they are usually not.

And the fucker is better off dead too.

Another matter that was not addressed in the trial was
whether it was just another example of suicide by cop.

Re: O/T NT murder trial.

<tpdk6fsnatcj.1awgxk40qxiv5$.dlg@40tude.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12852&group=aus.cars#12852

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 11:55:09 +1000
 by: alvey - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 01:55 UTC

On Sat, 12 Mar 2022 12:35:00 +1100, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> On 12/03/2022 11:54 am, Sylvia Else wrote:

>>> I think the cop got off easy. The proseuction case was that 2 shots
>>> were fired after the victim was subdued.
>>
>> All three shots were fired within 3.1 seconds. It is easy to analyse
>> the sequence from the comfort and safety of one's armchair, but the
>> officer was responding to a sudden emergency not of his own creation,
>> while subject to the inevitable flow of adrenaline that the body
>> produces in this situation.
>>
>> I am firmly of the view that once a person creates such a scenario,
>> they must accept the consequences that flow from a normal human
>> response, and cannot expect the other party to respond in the cool
>> analytical way one would like humans to be capable of, but which they
>> are usually not.
>>

> spot on!

Rubbish.

As none of you were there it is impossible for you to have any idea at all
of what happened.

alvey

Re: O/T NT murder trial.

<t0h0na$17sa$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12856&group=aus.cars#12856

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 13:32:07 +1100
 by: Max - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 02:32 UTC

On 12/03/2022 11:54 am, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 12-Mar-22 11:34 am, Max wrote:

>>> He'll think twice before trying to use a knife on a police officer.
>>>

>> I think the cop got off easy. The proseuction case was that 2 shots
>> were fired after the victim was subdued.
>
> All three shots were fired within 3.1 seconds. It is easy to analyse the
> sequence from the comfort and safety of one's armchair, but the officer
> was responding to a sudden emergency not of his own creation, while
> subject to the inevitable flow of adrenaline that the body produces in
> this situation.
>
> I am firmly of the view that once a person creates such a scenario, they
> must accept the consequences that flow from a normal human response, and
> cannot expect the other party to respond in the cool analytical way one
> would like humans to be capable of, but which they are usually not.

The other side of the coin is that they are meant to be trained police
officers whose job is to be able to handle these sorts of situations and
do the right thing.

It is not like a normal member of the public in this situation.

Apparently the officer was ex-Army which the prosecution said might have
explained his behaviour. It was said he had repeatedly watched footage
of the victim with an axe, and became fixated on him.

It should not be up to an all-white jury to decide a case like this.

Re: O/T NT murder trial.

<op.1iwb90inbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12857&group=aus.cars#12857

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 13:38:14 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 02:38 UTC

alvey <alvey@is.invalid> wrote
> Yosemite Sam wrote
>> Sylvia Else wrote
>>> Max wrote

>>> All three shots were fired within 3.1 seconds. It is easy to analyse
>>> the sequence from the comfort and safety of one's armchair, but the
>>> officer was responding to a sudden emergency not of his own creation,
>>> while subject to the inevitable flow of adrenaline that the body
>>> produces in this situation.
>>>
>>> I am firmly of the view that once a person creates such a scenario,
>>> they must accept the consequences that flow from a normal human
>>> response, and cannot expect the other party to respond in the cool
>>> analytical way one would like humans to be capable of, but which they
>>> are usually not.

>> spot on!

> Rubbish.

> As none of you were there it is impossible for youto have any idea at
> all of what happened.

That's mindlessly silly given the bodycam footage.

Re: O/T NT murder trial.

<j92fmfFu7vsU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12858&group=aus.cars#12858

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 13:43:48 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 02:43 UTC

On 12/03/2022 12:55 pm, alvey wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2022 12:35:00 +1100, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> All three shots were fired within 3.1 seconds. It is easy to analyse
>>> the sequence from the comfort and safety of one's armchair, but the
>>> officer was responding to a sudden emergency not of his own creation,
>>> while subject to the inevitable flow of adrenaline that the body
>>> produces in this situation.
>>>
>>> I am firmly of the view that once a person creates such a scenario,
>>> they must accept the consequences that flow from a normal human
>>> response, and cannot expect the other party to respond in the cool
>>> analytical way one would like humans to be capable of, but which they
>>> are usually not.
>>>
>> spot on!
> Rubbish.
>
> As none of you were there it is impossible for you to have any idea at all
> of what happened.

signed, noddy

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just read
like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"- Xeno on Grubby Tech
"You cannot turn Darren's lies into the truth by attempting to *discredit*
what *I* say. You just make yourself look more of a dick"- Xeno to Grubby Tech

Re: O/T NT murder trial.

<j92fmmFu7msU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12859&group=aus.cars#12859

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 13:43:34 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 02:43 UTC

On 12-Mar-22 1:32 pm, Max wrote:
> On 12/03/2022 11:54 am, Sylvia Else wrote:

>>> I think the cop got off easy. The proseuction case was that 2 shots
>>> were fired after the victim was subdued.
>>
>> All three shots were fired within 3.1 seconds. It is easy to analyse
>> the sequence from the comfort and safety of one's armchair, but the
>> officer was responding to a sudden emergency not of his own creation,
>> while subject to the inevitable flow of adrenaline that the body
>> produces in this situation.
>>
>> I am firmly of the view that once a person creates such a scenario,
>> they must accept the consequences that flow from a normal human
>> response, and cannot expect the other party to respond in the cool
>> analytical way one would like humans to be capable of, but which they
>> are usually not.
>>

> The other side of the coin is that they are meant to be trained police
> officers whose job is to be able to handle these sorts of situations and
> do the right thing.
>
> It is not like a normal member of the public in this situation.

Police officers are still human, and clarity of thinking is difficult
when the fight-or-flight adrenalin is flowing.

> Apparently the officer was ex-Army which the prosecution said might have
> explained his behaviour. It was said he had repeatedly watched footage
> of the victim with an axe, and became fixated on him.
>
> It should not be up to an all-white jury to decide a case like this.

Why not? The jury are the finders of fact. Do the facts change depending
on colour?

Sylvia.

Re: O/T NT murder trial.

<op.1iwcn2ppbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12860&group=aus.cars#12860

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 13:46:40 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 02:46 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Sylvia Else wrote
>> Max wrote
>>> Sylvia Else wrote

>>> I think the cop got off easy. The proseuction case was that 2 shots
>>> were fired after the victim was subdued.

>> All three shots were fired within 3.1 seconds. It is easy to analyse
>> the sequence from the comfort and safety of one's armchair, but the
>> officer was responding to a sudden emergency not of his own creation,
>> while subject to the inevitable flow of adrenaline that the body
>> produces in this situation.

>> I am firmly of the view that once a person creates such a scenario,
>> they must accept the consequences that flow from a normal human
>> response, and cannot expect the other party to respond in the cool
>> analytical way one would like humans to be capable of, but which they
>> are usually not.

> The other side of the coin

Bullshit, there is no coin.

> is that they are meant to be trained police officers

That's what he is, stupid, and was trained to do what he did.

> whose job is to be able to handle these sorts of situations

Yes and he was trained to handle that situation and
did what he was trained to do in that situation.

> and do the right thing.

And that is precisely what he did.

> It is not like a normal member of the public in this situation.

Having fun thrashing that straw man ?

> Apparently the officer was ex-Army which theprosecution said might have
> explained his behaviour.

And the jury disagreed.

> It was said he had repeatedly watchedfootage of the victim with an axe,

He would be fucking stupid if he didn't so he could see
what the now dead fuckwit had got up to on that occasion.

> and became fixated on him.

Mindlessly silly claim.

> It should not be up to an all-white jury to decide a case like this.

Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something.

There should never have been any jury at all, he should never
have been charged given that he did what he was trained to do.

Re: O/T NT murder trial.

<j92g8uFuabsU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12863&group=aus.cars#12863

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 13:53:38 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 02:53 UTC

On 12/03/2022 1:46 pm, Rod Speed wrote:

> There should never have been any jury at all, he should never
> have been charged given that he did what he was trained to do.

correct. and that he was protecting his own life.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just read
like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"- Xeno on Grubby Tech
"You cannot turn Darren's lies into the truth by attempting to *discredit*
what *I* say. You just make yourself look more of a dick"- Xeno to Grubby Tech

Re: O/T NT murder trial.

<op.1iwkq3lqbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12871&group=aus.cars#12871

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 16:41:17 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 05:41 UTC

Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
> On 12-Mar-22 1:32 pm, Max wrote:

>>> All three shots were fired within 3.1 seconds. It is easy to analyse
>>> the sequence from the comfort and safety of one's armchair, but the
>>> officer was responding to a sudden emergency not of his own creation,
>>> while subject to the inevitable flow of adrenaline that the body
>>> produces in this situation.
>>>
>>> I am firmly of the view that once a person creates such a scenario,
>>> they must accept the consequences that flow from a normal human
>>> response, and cannot expect the other party to respond in the cool
>>> analytical way one would like humans to be capable of, but which they
>>> are usually not.
>>>
>> The other side of the coin is that they are meant to be trained police
>> officers whose job is to be able to handle these sorts of situations
>> and do the right thing.
>> It is not like a normal member of the public in this situation.
>
> Police officers are still human, and clarity of thinking is difficult
> when the fight-or-flight adrenalin is flowing.
>
>> Apparently the officer was ex-Army which the prosecution said might
>> have explained his behaviour. It was said he had repeatedly watched
>> footage of the victim with an axe, and became fixated on him.
>> It should not be up to an all-white jury to decide a case like this.

> Why not? The jury are the finders of fact.

Only in theory.

> Do the facts change depending on colour?

Biased jury members certainly do.

Re: O/T NT murder trial.

<op.1iwkuhuhbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12872&group=aus.cars#12872

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 16:43:19 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 05:43 UTC

Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote

>> There should never have been any jury at all, he should never
>> have been charged given that he did what he was trained to do.

> correct. and that he was protecting his own life.

And his mate's, who was at considerably more risk after the first shot.

Re: O/T NT murder trial.

<t0hc55$eao$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12873&group=aus.cars#12873

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 16:47:16 +1100
 by: Max - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 05:47 UTC

On 12/03/2022 1:43 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 12-Mar-22 1:32 pm, Max wrote:

>>> All three shots were fired within 3.1 seconds. It is easy to analyse
>>> the sequence from the comfort and safety of one's armchair, but the
>>> officer was responding to a sudden emergency not of his own creation,
>>> while subject to the inevitable flow of adrenaline that the body
>>> produces in this situation.
>>>
>>> I am firmly of the view that once a person creates such a scenario,
>>> they must accept the consequences that flow from a normal human
>>> response, and cannot expect the other party to respond in the cool
>>> analytical way one would like humans to be capable of, but which they
>>> are usually not.
>>>

>> The other side of the coin is that they are meant to be trained police
>> officers whose job is to be able to handle these sorts of situations
>> and do the right thing.
>>
>> It is not like a normal member of the public in this situation.
>
> Police officers are still human, and clarity of thinking is difficult
> when the fight-or-flight adrenalin is flowing.
>

>> Apparently the officer was ex-Army which the prosecution said might
>> have explained his behaviour. It was said he had repeatedly watched
>> footage of the victim with an axe, and became fixated on him.
>>
>> It should not be up to an all-white jury to decide a case like this.
>
> Why not? The jury are the finders of fact. Do the facts change depending
> on colour?

The jury ultimately determines a verdict. They may be directed to give
a certain verdict based on their finding of certain facts, but this
deliberation is private and they can come to any verdict they want.

It's quite possible that an all-white jury may simply take the side of a
white police officer in this situation.

Re: O/T NT murder trial.

<1vszhyxotugxi.maw8s9omtkif.dlg@40tude.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12876&group=aus.cars#12876

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 17:11:55 +1000
 by: alvey - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 07:11 UTC

On Sat, 12 Mar 2022 13:38:14 +1100, Rod Speed wrote:

> alvey <alvey@is.invalid> wrote
>> Yosemite Sam wrote
>>> Sylvia Else wrote

>>> spot on!
>
>> Rubbish.
>
>> As none of you were there it is impossible for youto have any idea at
>> all of what happened.
>
> That's mindlessly silly given the bodycam footage.

Seriously?
That bodycam footage was as definitive as a Rorschach inkblot test.

alvey

Re: O/T NT murder trial.

<op.1iwsufznbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12877&group=aus.cars#12877

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 19:36:05 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 08:36 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> On 12/03/2022 1:43 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:

>>> The other side of the coin is that they are meant to be trained police
>>> officers whose job is to be able to handle these sorts of situations
>>> and do the right thing.
>>>
>>> It is not like a normal member of the public in this situation.
>> Police officers are still human, and clarity of thinking is difficult
>> when the fight-or-flight adrenalin is flowing.
>>

>>> Apparently the officer was ex-Army which the prosecution said might
>>> have explained his behaviour. It was said he had repeatedly watched
>>> footage of the victim with an axe, and became fixated on him.
>>>
>>> It should not be up to an all-white jury to decide a case like this.
>> Why not? The jury are the finders of fact. Do the facts change
>> depending on colour?

> The jury ultimately determines a verdict.

Not always, sometimes the judge directs the jury to deliver a particular
verdict.

> They may be directed to give a certain verdict based on their finding
> of certain facts,but this deliberation is private and they can come to
> any verdict they want.

Utterly mangled all over again.

> It's quite possible that an all-white jury may simply takethe side of a
> white police officer in this situation.

Like I said, there should never have been a trial or a jury.

Re: O/T NT murder trial.

<op.1iwswxm5byq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12878&group=aus.cars#12878

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 19:37:35 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 08:37 UTC

alvey <alvey@is.invalid> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> alvey <alvey@is.invalid> wrote
>>> Yosemite Sam wrote

>>> Rubbish.
>>
>>> As none of you were there it is impossible for youto have any idea at
>>> all of what happened.
>>
>> That's mindlessly silly given the bodycam footage.

> Seriously?

Yep.

> That bodycam footage was as definitive as a Rorschach inkblot test.

Pathetic.

Re: O/T NT murder trial.

<j934m5F3dnqU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12879&group=aus.cars#12879

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 19:41:59 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 08:41 UTC

On 12/03/2022 1:32 pm, Max wrote:
> On 12/03/2022 11:54 am, Sylvia Else wrote:

>>> I think the cop got off easy. The proseuction case was that 2 shots
>>> were fired after the victim was subdued.
>>
>> All three shots were fired within 3.1 seconds. It is easy to analyse
>> the sequence from the comfort and safety of one's armchair, but the
>> officer was responding to a sudden emergency not of his own creation,
>> while subject to the inevitable flow of adrenaline that the body
>> produces in this situation.
>>
>> I am firmly of the view that once a person creates such a scenario,
>> they must accept the consequences that flow from a normal human
>> response, and cannot expect the other party to respond in the cool
>> analytical way one would like humans to be capable of, but which they
>> are usually not.
>>

> The other side of the coin is that they are meant to be trained police
> officers whose job is to be able to handle these sorts of situations
> and do the right thing.
>
> It is not like a normal member of the public in this situation.
>
> Apparently the officer was ex-Army which the prosecution said might
> have explained his behaviour. It was said he had repeatedly watched
> footage of the victim with an axe, and became fixated on him.
>
> It should not be up to an all-white jury to decide a case like this.

just as I predicted someone would play the race card! so what you're
saying is that the jury didn't acquit the accused on the basis of the
evidence but only because he's white. and lemme guess, you have
absolutely no evidence to support that view, right?