SHHHH!! I hear SIX TATTOOED TRUCK-DRIVERS tossing ENGINE BLOCKS into empty OIL DRUMS ...

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at killer driver as he's jailed

SubjectAuthor
* Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at killer driverswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' atSpike
`* Re: Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at killerswldx...@gmail.com
 `* Re: Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at killerswldx...@gmail.com
  +- Re: Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' atSpike
  +* Re: Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at killerswldx...@gmail.com
  |`* Re: Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at killerswldx...@gmail.com
  | +- Re: Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at killerJNugent
  | `- Re: Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at killerswldx...@gmail.com
  `- Re: Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at killerJNugent

1
Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at killer driver as he's jailed

<0fc954fd-8f3d-4d3b-8592-773bb1f25f28n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12819&group=uk.rec.cycling#12819

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 05:59:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at killer driver
as he's jailed
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 12:59 UTC

The family of a Scots teen shouted 'I hope you rot' at a killer driver as he was locked up for five years.

Sami Ula Jabbar, 29, was speeding at almost 80mph in a 30mph zone when his Mercedes E400 hit 16 year-old cyclist Harley Smith.

The popular schoolboy tragically suffered a fatal head injury following the collision in Falkirk, Stirlingshire on November 6 2020. Shop owner Jabbar was on two bail orders at the time and already had a number of motoring convictions.

He was today sentenced at the High Court in Glasgow having earlier pled guilty to a charge of causing death by dangerous driving.

Lord Mulholland told him: "You drove at 80mph - a speed which is breath-taking. It was so dangerous that pedestrians signalled to you to slow down.

"If you had driven at a safe speed this tragedy would not have happened. Harley Smith would be alive today realising his full potential. It is clear he was a fine young man loved by many."

Jabbar showed no emotion as he was led to the cells. But, a large group of Harley's family and friends - many in tears during the hearing - reacted angrily towards Jabbar.

There was a shout of "Look what you have done to us." Someone else remarked: "I hope you rot. He was 16 year-old. You stole him."

Jabbar, of Falkirk, was also called "a rat" and "evil".

A previous hearing in Edinburgh was told how driving conditions that night were dark and foggy. But, despite this, Jabbar drove his courtesy car Mercedes at high speed.

A couple were out walking their dogs when they spotted the car appearing to "tilt" at a roundabout. Desperate attempts were made to get Jabbar to slow down.

Jabbar went on to go on the wrong side of the road as he navigated around a bus. Prosecutor Alex Prentice QC said driver Donald Conroy was on Polmont Road, Laurieston in Falkirk when he then clocked the speeding Mercedes.

Brave passersby rushed to give the stricken teen first aid but he was tragically pronounced dead a short time later.

The advocate depute went on: "He observed in his rear view mirror the car screeching to a halt. A person was propelled into the air to the height of what seemed like 'the top of a lamp-post'.

"What Mr Conroy saw was Jabbar colliding with Harley Smith, who was crossing the road. Jabbar drove towards the area at a speed estimated to be around 80mph."

Harley had been there having earlier left his home in Grangemouth, Stirlingshire to meet friends. Jabbar later told police he had been in the car with two others and a cyclist wearing all black "came out of nowhere".

He added: "I never seen him and then...boom. He came right on top of the windscreen."

Tony Lenehan, defending, today said: "There is no sentence that can be imposed which will undo the loss suffered. This is a man who appreciates the harm that he has done."

Lord Mulholland said victim impact statements from Harley's relatives were "heart-wrenching". The judge also banned Jabbar from the road for 12 and a half years.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/family-teen-scots-cyclist-shout-27753087

Re: Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at killer driver as he's jailed

<jm47pgFqrftU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12823&group=uk.rec.cycling#12823

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at
killer driver as he's jailed
Date: 17 Aug 2022 13:12:16 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 13:12 UTC

> Sami Ula Jabbar, 29, was speeding at almost 80mph in a 30mph zone when
> his Mercedes E400 hit 16 year-old cyclist Harley Smith.

> He was today sentenced at the High Court in Glasgow having earlier pled
> guilty to a charge of causing death by dangerous driving.

> https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/family-teen-scots-cyclist-shout-27753087

A tragedy for all concerned, and the families and friends of those killed
by cyclists will surely support the current initiative to bring cyclists
into the same framework as drivers.

--
Spike

Re: Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at killer driver as he's jailed

<006837a1-9c26-4a70-85f5-3a9df41ab664n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12825&group=uk.rec.cycling#12825

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 06:17:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at killer
driver as he's jailed
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 13:17 UTC

QUOTE: The family of a Scots teen shouted 'I hope you rot' at a killer driver as he was locked up for five years. ENDS

Will the killer driver receive counselling for getting verbally abused?

Re: Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at killer driver as he's jailed

<jm4b23Fi5hU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12842&group=uk.rec.cycling#12842

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
driver as he's jailed
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 15:08:03 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 14:08 UTC

On 17/08/2022 02:12 pm, Spike wrote:

> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Sami Ula Jabbar, 29, was speeding at almost 80mph in a 30mph zone when
>> his Mercedes E400 hit 16 year-old cyclist Harley Smith.
>> He was today sentenced at the High Court in Glasgow having earlier pled
>> guilty to a charge of causing death by dangerous driving.

>> https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/family-teen-scots-cyclist-shout-27753087

> A tragedy for all concerned, and the families and friends of those killed
> by cyclists will surely support the current initiative to bring cyclists
> into the same framework as drivers.

What an unfortunate surname, though.

Re: Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at killer driver as he's jailed

<624227af-de2d-46a6-8483-f7fe55f48fdfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12850&group=uk.rec.cycling#12850

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 08:57:15 -0700 (PDT)
driver as he's jailed
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 15:57 UTC

On Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 2:17:31 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: The family of a Scots teen shouted 'I hope you rot' at a killer driver as he was locked up for five years. ENDS
>
> Will the killer driver receive counselling for getting verbally abused?

He will also be some jailbird's bitch in the shower block.

Re: Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at killer driver as he's jailed

<jm5229F47mcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12859&group=uk.rec.cycling#12859

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
killer driver as he's jailed
Date: 17 Aug 2022 20:40:41 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 20:40 UTC

> On Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 2:17:31 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> QUOTE: The family of a Scots teen shouted 'I hope you rot' at a killer
>> driver as he was locked up for five years. ENDS

>> Will the killer driver receive counselling for getting verbally abused?

> He will also be some jailbird's bitch in the shower block.

Couldn’t resist the petty spite, eh?

--
Spike

Re: Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at killer driver as he's jailed

<a128daf2-28a9-41e5-a105-81e7a90d4df3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12864&group=uk.rec.cycling#12864

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 13:59:21 -0700 (PDT)
driver as he's jailed
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 20:59 UTC

On Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 4:57:16 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 2:17:31 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > QUOTE: The family of a Scots teen shouted 'I hope you rot' at a killer driver as he was locked up for five years. ENDS
> >
> > Will the killer driver receive counselling for getting verbally abused?
> He will also be some jailbird's bitch in the shower block.

Maybe Mr Cheerful will loan him a bar of soap like the killer of Mrs Russell.

Re: Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at killer driver as he's jailed

<jm5bu7F5ls0U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12870&group=uk.rec.cycling#12870

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
driver as he's jailed
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 00:29:11 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 23:29 UTC

swldx...@gmail.com, speaking to himself again, wrote:

> On Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 2:17:31 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> QUOTE: The family of a Scots teen shouted 'I hope you rot' at a killer driver as he was locked up for five years. ENDS

>> Will the killer driver receive counselling for getting verbally abused?

> He will also be some jailbird's bitch in the shower block.

Yours, probably.

Re: Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at killer driver as he's jailed

<745c6de8-84d4-4098-9acd-ffceb4e39963n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12874&group=uk.rec.cycling#12874

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 23:06:52 -0700 (PDT)
driver as he's jailed
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 06:06 UTC

On Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 9:59:22 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 4:57:16 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 2:17:31 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > QUOTE: The family of a Scots teen shouted 'I hope you rot' at a killer driver as he was locked up for five years. ENDS
> > >
> > > Will the killer driver receive counselling for getting verbally abused?
> > He will also be some jailbird's bitch in the shower block.
> Maybe Mr Cheerful will loan him a bar of soap like the killer of Mrs Russell.

He's dead now - but he cheered this killing.
Sick get.

QUOTE: A lorry driver has been jailed for 27 months after his vehicle shed its load in Hull, killing a cyclist.

Mark Smith, 48, from Royds Hall Avenue, Odsal, Bradford, pleaded guilty to dangerous driving at Hull Crown Court.

The court heard that a container fell from Smith's lorry, crushing Susan Russell, 54, at a roundabout on the A63 last August.

Smith was also banned from driving for four years and ordered to retake his test before regaining his licence.

Ms Russell's family told the BBC that they were planning to appeal against the sentence.

The victim's sister, Patricia Kipling said: "She got squashed to death by his trailer and he's got away with 27 months and I'm pretty disgusted with it."

Hull Crown Court heard Smith had travelled more than 50 miles (80km) from West Yorkshire to Hull with an 8.2 tonne blast-proof cabin hanging precariously off his trailer. ENDS

Re: Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at killer driver as he's jailed

<jm6ou9FcdsfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12895&group=uk.rec.cycling#12895

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
driver as he's jailed
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 13:17:13 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 12:17 UTC

swldx...@gmail.com [Del Boy Mason], talking to himself again, wrote:

> swldx...@gmail.com [Del Boy Mason], talking to himself again, wrote:
>> swldx...@gmail.com [Del Boy Mason], talking to himself again, wrote:

>>> He will also be some jailbird's bitch in the shower block.

>> Maybe Mr Cheerful will loan him a bar of soap like the killer of Mrs Russell.

> He's dead now - but he cheered this killing.
> Sick get.
> QUOTE: A lorry driver has been jailed for 27 months after his vehicle shed its load in Hull, killing a cyclist.
> Mark Smith, 48, from Royds Hall Avenue, Odsal, Bradford, pleaded guilty to dangerous driving at Hull Crown Court.
> The court heard that a container fell from Smith's lorry, crushing Susan Russell, 54, at a roundabout on the A63 last August.
> Smith was also banned from driving for four years and ordered to retake his test before regaining his licence.
> Ms Russell's family told the BBC that they were planning to appeal against the sentence.
> The victim's sister, Patricia Kipling said: "She got squashed to death by his trailer and he's got away with 27 months and I'm pretty disgusted with it."
> Hull Crown Court heard Smith had travelled more than 50 miles (80km) from West Yorkshire to Hull with an 8.2 tonne blast-proof cabin hanging precariously off his trailer. ENDS

I remember a similar case in Liverpool, well over forty years ago. A
lorry carrying giant-sized coils of steel cable pulled up at the traffic
lights at Queens Drive / Prescot Road and one of the coils rolled off
the back (to the right) crushing a car stopped in the next lane. I
didn't witness it, I hasten to add. It was in the media.

I have *seen* a skip lorry shed part of its load (building rubble -
mainly plasterboard fragments) travelling along a road near here.
Stopped (by the simple expedient of my stopping in front of him at a
junction), I pointed out to him what had happened and told him that
provided he immediately returned and picked up all the waste that had
been cast onto the grassed verge a half-mile back, I would not report
him for carrying an insecure load. He saw the force of the argument and
returned straightaway to do what he had to. Later, I could see that he
had done what I asked and had no need to retain the paper on which I had
written the vehicle's details.

Re: Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at killer driver as he's jailed

<05c5f1fe-e92b-45d9-921f-abacd3583fe1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12902&group=uk.rec.cycling#12902

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 06:24:37 -0700 (PDT)
driver as he's jailed
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 13:24 UTC

On Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 7:06:54 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 17, 2022 at 9:59:22 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > He will also be some jailbird's bitch in the shower block.
> > Maybe Mr Cheerful will loan him a bar of soap like the killer of Mrs Russell.
> He's dead now - but he cheered this killing.
> Sick get.
>
> QUOTE: A lorry driver has been jailed for 27 months after his vehicle shed its load in Hull, killing a cyclist.
>
> Mark Smith, 48, from Royds Hall Avenue, Odsal, Bradford, pleaded guilty to dangerous driving at Hull Crown Court.
>
> The court heard that a container fell from Smith's lorry, crushing Susan Russell, 54, at a roundabout on the A63 last August.
>
> Smith was also banned from driving for four years and ordered to retake his test before regaining his licence.
>
> Ms Russell's family told the BBC that they were planning to appeal against the sentence.
>
> The victim's sister, Patricia Kipling said: "She got squashed to death by his trailer and he's got away with 27 months and I'm pretty disgusted with it."
>
> Hull Crown Court heard Smith had travelled more than 50 miles (80km) from West Yorkshire to Hull with an 8.2 tonne blast-proof cabin hanging precariously off his trailer. ENDS

Notable the three trolls who celebrated her death are all now dead themselves.
KARMA!

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Family of teen Scots cyclist shout 'I hope you rot' at killer driver as he's jailed