Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: All Taxes Will Rise Play Want Bin (PWBE 14 Nov 2022)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 11:44:46 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 11:44 UTC

Well, at least they're being honest. Mostly.

Play:
--=--

Elden Ring (PS5) - Oops, I did not mean to visit Godfrey the First Elden
Lord this weekend. I did better than I expected in that fight but I was
completely not prepared. There's one area of Leyndell that I need to
explore fully before I head back there, and I think I might actually
give it a miss for now if there's other stuff to see before I have to
take on this particular boss fight. I'm really struck by the
environmental narrative being told in that area, in that the battle that
laid siege to the city seemed to have just frozen everyone in their
tracks to the point that some people just had to die where they were
standing. I'm sure that's nothing that has an analogue in any current
real world series of events of the last six months.

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary (Switch) - Why is it that when I'm
presented with all of the classic Street Fighter arcade titles in all
their perfectly emulated glory, the only one I actually want to put any
time into is SF III Third Strike? It's not the best of the series (and
it's not technically even the best SF III of the three of them) but it's
the one I have the most affection for and the one I spent the most time
with on either the Saturn or the Dreamcast, crossover Vs. games
notwithstanding. It's charming and relaxing and I'm terrible at it
because I insist on playing only as Elena.

Want:
--=--

Atari 50 (PS5/XSX/Switch) - Bought all three. Amazon tells me I'll have
them by Friday, which is fab. I wonder what my kid will make of these
old games I played at his age.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $3,853

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (Switch) - $22
Nobunaga's Ambition Sphere of Influence Ascension (PS4) - $39

Total to date - $3,914

-KKC, who has too many meetings to attend today.

Re: All Taxes Will Rise Play Want Bin (PWBE 14 Nov 2022)

<LKtcL.1620829$miq3.647236@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1284&group=uk.games.video.misc#1284

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 16:09:15 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 16:09 UTC

> Play:

Tetris Attack (SNES) - played some 1P vs. CPU on this. Although I
still like this version of the game (despite the issues it has like
slowdown), it can be a bit disconcerting to come back to after playing
more recent variants, as it gives you very little margin for error
once the screen gets filled.

> Want:

Nothing.

> Bin:

Worsening reaction times - you might not expect that to be much of an
issue for a puzzle game, but Tetris Attack does get a bit hectic.

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / All Taxes Will Rise Play Want Bin (PWBE 14 Nov 2022)