From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: West London fairy-cyclists
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 15:57:16 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 14:57 UTC

<https://tinyurl.com/4w49f4ct>

QUOTE
An elderly man fatally stabbed while riding his mobility scooter in west
London has been named as Thomas O’Halloran.

Customers and business owners in the small row of shops near Greenford
station were shocked. “I saw the news and can’t believe it’s him,” said
one. “Such a lovely, lovely man. Loved his accordion. And his
scratchcards. Him and his wife were always buying scratchcards.”

Hitesh Patel, 62, a shop owner, said O’Halloran had a Ukraine flag on
the front of his basket as he played his music. “It said ‘help for
Ukraine’. He was a very good, kind man.”

John Robbins, 82, out walking in a small park near the scene, said: “You
would see him regularly outside Tesco playing his accordion.”

Robbins and his neighbour Peter Banks, 94, said the incident would not
deter them from their daily walk.

***************
“It used to be a very quiet area, but it’s all built up now,” said
Robbins, who has lived there for 50 years. “There are yobs now riding
around on their bikes,” he added.
***************

Re: West London fairy-cyclists

<jm4s6kF39lsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12854&group=uk.rec.cycling#12854

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: West London fairy-cyclists
Date: 17 Aug 2022 19:00:36 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 19:00 UTC

JNugent <jennings&co@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> <https://tinyurl.com/4w49f4ct>

> QUOTE
> An elderly man fatally stabbed while riding his mobility scooter in west
> London has been named as Thomas O’Halloran.

> Customers and business owners in the small row of shops near Greenford
> station were shocked. “I saw the news and can’t believe it’s him,” said
> one. “Such a lovely, lovely man. Loved his accordion. And his
> scratchcards. Him and his wife were always buying scratchcards.”

> Hitesh Patel, 62, a shop owner, said O’Halloran had a Ukraine flag on
> the front of his basket as he played his music. “It said ‘help for
> Ukraine’. He was a very good, kind man.”

> John Robbins, 82, out walking in a small park near the scene, said: “You
> would see him regularly outside Tesco playing his accordion.”

> Robbins and his neighbour Peter Banks, 94, said the incident would not
> deter them from their daily walk.

> “It used to be a very quiet area, but it’s all built up now,” said
> Robbins, who has lived there for 50 years. “There are yobs now riding
> around on their bikes,” he added.

Quelle surprise…not…

--
Spike

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / West London fairy-cyclists