From: faq...@ugvm.org.uk (ugv* Charter)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Monthly Charter Post
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 00:00:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: ugv* Charter - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 00:00 UTC

This is a regular posting of the charter of uk.games.video.misc. Please
direct any enquiries to the newsgroup.

====================================

Charter of uk.games.video.misc (Not Moderated)

Group for the UK-centric discussion of all aspects of the video-game
industry, except those for which existing newsgroups exist in the
uk.games.video.* hierarchy.

Although the focus will primarily be the discussion of current gaming
technology (including - but obviously not limited to - Ancient Greek
Abacus, small dogs, Sinclair Spectrums, PS9s, Dualit toasters, PCs, N64s,
Saturns, Amigas), discussion of older systems are more than welcome.

Discussion of the publications available for the video-games user
(whether printed or electronically published) is allowed.

Announcements of websites containing information relevant to the
newsgroup (eg. tip sites, review sites, etc) are welcome.

Hints and tips would also be welcome, but should be indicated either in
the subject line, or by adding a warning and sufficient "spoiler space"
within the post.

"MCIBTYC" (My Computer/Console Is Better Than Your Computer/Console)
flamewars are dull, pointless and therefore to be avoided at all costs.

The advertising of items for sale (whether as a commercial company, or
as an individual) is banned. There is a uk.adverts.* hierarchy for that
kind of thing.

I wonder if anyone reads that.

Posting of information relating to piracy or the illegal use of video
games technology (mod-chips, etc) is banned.

Basic netiquette should be adhered to at all times. In short: Binary
posting is banned, and attachments in other formats (eg. HTML, VCF, etc)
are frowned-upon heavily, as are excessively long signature files.

Anything you may read by deKay is WRONG. <spurious random character removed>

Newsgroups line
---------------

uk.games.video.misc UK-centric discussion of video games

..

Re: Monthly Charter Post

<7mShL.1784708$WRz3.1087968@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1293&group=uk.games.video.misc#1293

Subject: Re: Monthly Charter Post
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
From: new...@kevinfSPAMNOorde.com (gunthergloop)
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 00:14:58 +0000
 by: gunthergloop - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 00:14 UTC

Blimey! It's December again!

On 01/12/2022 00:00, ugv* Charter wrote:
> This is a regular posting of the charter of uk.games.video.misc. Please
> direct any enquiries to the newsgroup.
>
> ====================================
>
> Charter of uk.games.video.misc (Not Moderated)
>
> Group for the UK-centric discussion of all aspects of the video-game
> industry, except those for which existing newsgroups exist in the
> uk.games.video.* hierarchy.
>
> Although the focus will primarily be the discussion of current gaming
> technology (including - but obviously not limited to - Ancient Greek
> Abacus, small dogs, Sinclair Spectrums, PS9s, Dualit toasters, PCs, N64s,
> Saturns, Amigas), discussion of older systems are more than welcome.
>
> Discussion of the publications available for the video-games user
> (whether printed or electronically published) is allowed.
>
> Announcements of websites containing information relevant to the
> newsgroup (eg. tip sites, review sites, etc) are welcome.
>
> Hints and tips would also be welcome, but should be indicated either in
> the subject line, or by adding a warning and sufficient "spoiler space"
> within the post.
>
> "MCIBTYC" (My Computer/Console Is Better Than Your Computer/Console)
> flamewars are dull, pointless and therefore to be avoided at all costs.
>
> The advertising of items for sale (whether as a commercial company, or
> as an individual) is banned. There is a uk.adverts.* hierarchy for that
> kind of thing.
>
> I wonder if anyone reads that.
>
> Posting of information relating to piracy or the illegal use of video
> games technology (mod-chips, etc) is banned.
>
> Basic netiquette should be adhered to at all times. In short: Binary
> posting is banned, and attachments in other formats (eg. HTML, VCF, etc)
> are frowned-upon heavily, as are excessively long signature files.
>
> Anything you may read by deKay is WRONG. <spurious random character removed>
>

> Newsgroups line
> ---------------
>
> uk.games.video.misc UK-centric discussion of video games

> .

Re: Monthly Charter Post

<jurt1kFl5e9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1294&group=uk.games.video.misc#1294

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: 1 Dec 2022 14:46:12 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 14:46 UTC

On 1 Dec 2022 at 00:14:58 GMT, "gunthergloop"
<news1@kevinfSPAMNOorde.com> wrote:

> Blimey! It's December again!

Keeps happening. Cold every time, what are the odds?

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"The dumbest people I know are those who know it all."
-- Malcolm Forbes

Re: Monthly Charter Post

<tmcpne$32qjf$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1296&group=uk.games.video.misc#1296

From: jmd...@nelefa.org (John Dow)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 12:06:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Dow - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 12:06 UTC

On 2022-12-01, gunthergloop <news1@kevinfSPAMNOorde.com> wrote:
> Blimey! It's December again!

BANNED for top posting and ignoring the Netiquette entry in the very
post you're replying to :)

John Dow <jmd@nelefa.org.invalid>
... Blog & Game Diary : http://www.nelefa.org
/|\ Constructed using SLRN and Vi.
/ | \ Zomoniac is Wrong. Fact.

Re: Monthly Charter Post

<z5miL.1816041$WRz3.78709@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1297&group=uk.games.video.misc#1297

Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
From: new...@kevinfSPAMNOorde.com (gunthergloop)
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 12:21:52 +0000
 by: gunthergloop - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 12:21 UTC

On 02/12/2022 12:06, John Dow wrote:
> On 2022-12-01, gunthergloop <news1@kevinfSPAMNOorde.com> wrote:
>> Blimey! It's December again!
>
> BANNED for top posting and ignoring the Netiquette entry in the very
> post you're replying to :)

LOL :))))

In my defence, I wasn't quite replying to the post so much as to the
turning of the wheel that is grinding us all inevitably unto dust.

I'd go quietly only I fear this place is on the verge of disappearing
like a Greek god if another body stops believing, so I'll have to cling
on to UGVM for dear life. Only, I'm not sure if it's UGVMs life or my
own I'm holding for!

Anyway, speaking of videogames... I tried every Battlefield game since 4
and none are a patch on it (did I mention that before?) so I'm still
playing that. Could be 0 hours during the week, then 10 on a Saturday,
or maybe 2 hours, two or three times per week. The game just won't let
me quit that either!

Other than that, I loved (re-)playing Portal 1 and 2 on Switch lately.
So it's not like I'm fed up with gaming, it's just I guess gaming is fed
up with me - the gaming world has moved-on, with micro-transactions and
social media, leaving me longing for well-thought-out maps, clever
tactics and thoughtful game-modes.
<eyes-in-the-air>

I'd quite like to play Eldin Ring, but I fear it might kill me, multiple
times over. Not only in the game, but in the size and scope and
sinkholeness of it all.

Anything decent coming for Christmas?

- Kevin.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Re: Monthly Charter Post