aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Spoiler 2.11.22

SubjectAuthor
* Spoiler 2.11.22Linda Fox
+* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22Chris
|`- Re: Spoiler 2.11.22krw
`* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22Penny
 +* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22Vicky
 |`* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22BrritSki
 | `- Re: Spoiler 2.11.22John Ashby
 +* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22Clive Arthur
 |+* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22BrritSki
 ||`- Re: Spoiler 2.11.22John Ashby
 |`* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22Vicky
 | +- Re: Spoiler 2.11.22Vicky
 | +* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22Vicky
 | |`* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22Sam Plusnet
 | | `* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22Nick Odell
 | |  `* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22BrritSki
 | |   `* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22krw
 | |    `- Re: Spoiler 2.11.22Vicky
 | +- Re: Spoiler 2.11.22BrritSki
 | `- Re: Spoiler 2.11.22John Ashby
 +* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22Hellerat
 |+* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22DavidK
 ||`* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22Penny
 || +* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22DavidK
 || |`- Re: Spoiler 2.11.22John Ashby
 || `* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22Jenny M Benson
 ||  `- Re: Spoiler 2.11.22Penny
 |`* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22Chris
 | `* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22Hellerat
 |  `- Re: Spoiler 2.11.22BrritSki
 `* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22Nick Odell
  `* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22Vicky
   `* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22Mike McMillan
    `* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22John Ashby
     `* Re: Spoiler 2.11.22Vicky
      `- Re: Spoiler 2.11.22Mike McMillan

Pages:12
Re: Spoiler 2.11.22

<nib2phdass900qfvlrd0e5o5jlntkak2op@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12942&group=uk.media.radio.archers#12942

From: nickodel...@yahoo.ca (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Spoiler 2.11.22
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 00:30:52 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 00:30 UTC

On Sat, 3 Dec 2022 20:17:08 +0000, Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:

>On 03-Dec-22 18:03, Vicky wrote:
>> On Sat, 03 Dec 2022 17:43:35 +0000, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I think everyone badgering Ben is what the problem is.
>>

>> https://digital.nhs.uk/data-and-information/publications/statistical/mental-health-of-children-and-young-people-in-england/2022-follow-up-to-the-2017-survey
>>
>> Mental Health of Children and Young People in England 2022 - wave 3
>> follow up to the 2017
>>
>> But TA covered suicide when Greg killed himself and Ed and Will seemed
>> to want to.
>
>That was in (I think) 2004, so a lot of water has flowed under the Am
>bridge since then. Maybe someone though it time for a re-visit to the
>topic.

I agree. For most people/familes/communities/countries life isn't a
never-ending variety of unique and interesting situations, it's the
same few things repeated over and over again. I have no issues with
plot recycling in Ambridge whatsoever.
Nick
--
Apologies for the Gillivery.
Apologies if I'm repeating remarks already made in this thread because

Re: Spoiler 2.11.22

<jvdlukFco2jU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12949&group=uk.media.radio.archers#12949

From: rtilbury...@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 08:35:31 +0000
 by: BrritSki - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 08:35 UTC

On 08/12/2022 00:30, Nick Odell wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Dec 2022 20:17:08 +0000, Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:
>
>> On 03-Dec-22 18:03, Vicky wrote:

>>> https://digital.nhs.uk/data-and-information/publications/statistical/mental-health-of-children-and-young-people-in-england/2022-follow-up-to-the-2017-survey
>>>
>>> Mental Health of Children and Young People in England 2022 - wave 3
>>> follow up to the 2017
>>>
>>> But TA covered suicide when Greg killed himself and Ed and Will seemed
>>> to want to.
>>
>> That was in (I think) 2004, so a lot of water has flowed under the Am
>> bridge since then. Maybe someone though it time for a re-visit to the
>> topic.
>
> I agree. For most people/familes/communities/countries life isn't a
> never-ending variety of unique and interesting situations, it's the
> same few things repeated over and over again.

history repeats itself, first as tragedy, then as farce.

Re: Spoiler 2.11.22

<ora3php2kubd87ni853hn0grelgbblh8ke@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12953&group=uk.media.radio.archers#12953

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 09:16:48 +0000
 by: Vicky - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 09:16 UTC

On Thu, 08 Dec 2022 00:30:52 +0000, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca>
wrote:

>On Sat, 03 Dec 2022 10:20:21 +0000, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 19:28:10 -0000 (UTC), Linda Fox <linda.ff@ntlworld.com>
>>a gribouillé dans la poussière...
>>
>>>I found tonight's episode with Ben really distressing for a number of
>>>reasons, some quite close to me.
>>>
>>>But why on earth didn't David do the obvious thing, and phone Brookfield,
>>>or get someone else to if he wasn't carrying his phone, to get
>>>confirmation, in Ben's hearing, that Bess was there at that moment instead
>>>of just saying so without providing proof?
>>
>>Because nothing was obvious to him at that moment. He was frightened
>>because he didn't understand what was happening. Had Ben been an animal,
>>David would have slipped straight into calm and practical mode.
>>
>.......and would have shot him.
>
>Nick

BTN

Re: Spoiler 2.11.22

<tmsa9a$rduh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12955&group=uk.media.radio.archers#12955

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 09:20:42 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:ErsSdkul4jqLytAojfI4qEmoZBE=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 09:20 UTC

Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Dec 2022 00:30:52 +0000, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 03 Dec 2022 10:20:21 +0000, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 19:28:10 -0000 (UTC), Linda Fox <linda.ff@ntlworld.com>
>>> a gribouillé dans la poussière...

>>> Because nothing was obvious to him at that moment. He was frightened
>>> because he didn't understand what was happening. Had Ben been an animal,
>>> David would have slipped straight into calm and practical mode.
>>>
>> .......and would have shot him.
>>
>> Nick
>
> BTN

I think this topic has been BTN’d already hasn’t it?

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Spoiler 2.11.22

<tmsd3r$10bu$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12957&group=uk.media.radio.archers#12957

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 10:08:59 +0000
 by: krw - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 10:08 UTC

On 8.12.22 08:35, BrritSki wrote:
> On 08/12/2022 00:30, Nick Odell wrote:

>>> That was in (I think) 2004, so a lot of water has flowed under the Am
>>> bridge since then.  Maybe someone though it time for a re-visit to the
>>> topic.
>>
>> I agree. For most people/familes/communities/countries life isn't a
>> never-ending variety of unique and interesting situations, it's the
>> same few things repeated over and over again.
>
> history repeats itself, first as tragedy, then as farce.

I think three lots of mental health - Lizzie, Will, Ben - in a
relatively short period either proves that what ever Brian leaked into
the water impacts mental health or TPTB have a hangup that they need to
fix - possibly by getting a counsellor.

I have dragged myself through to the end of last week - and further
commentary is worthless as I have said it many times. Not enough
Archers, not enough simple character stuff, not enough about the farms.

Someone needs to fess up and put it out of its misery.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: Spoiler 2.11.22

<tji3phl5b7jm77frvbhhdo8oc848830l34@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12962&group=uk.media.radio.archers#12962

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 11:29:52 +0000
 by: Vicky - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 11:29 UTC

On Thu, 8 Dec 2022 10:08:59 +0000, krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:

>On 8.12.22 08:35, BrritSki wrote:

>>> I agree. For most people/familes/communities/countries life isn't a
>>> never-ending variety of unique and interesting situations, it's the
>>> same few things repeated over and over again.
>>
>> history repeats itself, first as tragedy, then as farce.
>>

>I think three lots of mental health - Lizzie, Will, Ben - in a
>relatively short period either proves that what ever Brian leaked into
>the water impacts mental health or TPTB have a hangup that they need to
>fix - possibly by getting a counsellor.
>
>I have dragged myself through to the end of last week - and further
>commentary is worthless as I have said it many times. Not enough
>Archers, not enough simple character stuff, not enough about the farms.
>
>Someone needs to fess up and put it out of its misery.

I don't mind that as a story line! They charge Brian with damaging the
health of locals.

Re: Spoiler 2.11.22

<tmsl9s$s5pg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12964&group=uk.media.radio.archers#12964

From: johnashb...@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 12:28:43 +0000
 by: John Ashby - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 12:28 UTC

On 08/12/2022 09:20, Mike McMillan wrote:
> Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 08 Dec 2022 00:30:52 +0000, Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca>
>> wrote:

>>> .......and would have shot him.
>>>
>>> Nick
>>
>> BTN
>>

> I think this topic has been BTN’d already hasn’t it?

You wouldn't be trying to usurp the authority of the BTM, would you,
Mike? I mean, it's a nice little newsgroup you've got here, be a shme if
anything got ... broken.

OTOH, you're right. While accept there are reasons Nick is gillivering
he is late to the party with this one. Sorry, Nick.

john

Re: Spoiler 2.11.22

<5nq3phtpaih3cl7gojb4t70h7p6k5u49ih@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12967&group=uk.media.radio.archers#12967

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 13:49:35 +0000
 by: Vicky - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 13:49 UTC

On Thu, 8 Dec 2022 12:28:43 +0000, John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On 08/12/2022 09:20, Mike McMillan wrote:
>> Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> BTN
>>>

>> I think this topic has been BTN’d already hasn’t it?
>>
>You wouldn't be trying to usurp the authority of the BTM, would you,
>Mike? I mean, it's a nice little newsgroup you've got here, be a shme if
>anything got ... broken.
>
>OTOH, you're right. While accept there are reasons Nick is gillivering
>he is late to the party with this one. Sorry, Nick.
>
>john
Well I think I had the original bad taste comment on this as I am keen
on badgers and hoped David wouldn't have badgered Ben. But I thought
this avoided mentioning them, was subtler, and maybe David's default
mode if meeting an unknown situation with animals is shoot first, ask
questions later.

Re: Spoiler 2.11.22

<tmt2dl$t7i7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12974&group=uk.media.radio.archers#12974

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 16:12:37 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:N+k8kMhifTWm4M/LYTWHvVnLEpM=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 16:12 UTC

Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Dec 2022 12:28:43 +0000, John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com>
> wrote:

>>> I think this topic has been BTN’d already hasn’t it?
>>>
>> You wouldn't be trying to usurp the authority of the BTM, would you,
>> Mike? I mean, it's a nice little newsgroup you've got here, be a shme if
>> anything got ... broken.
>>
>> OTOH, you're right. While accept there are reasons Nick is gillivering
>> he is late to the party with this one. Sorry, Nick.
>>
>> john
> Well I think I had the original bad taste comment on this as I am keen
> on badgers and hoped David wouldn't have badgered Ben. But I thought
> this avoided mentioning them, was subtler, and maybe David's default
> mode if meeting an unknown situation with animals is shoot first, ask
> questions later.

Yeap, time one may have removed all the embedded pellets, the talking time
might have run out!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Spoiler 2.11.22

<jvem1gFhgs3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12976&group=uk.media.radio.archers#12976

From: Helle...@mail.com (Hellerat)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 19:43:53 +0200
 by: Hellerat - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 17:43 UTC

On 06/12/2022 10:52, Chris wrote:
> Hellerat <Hellerat@mail.com> wrote:
>> I'm sorry, Penny, I accidentally replied direct to you instead of UMRA, yesterday!
>> On 03/12/2022 12:20, Penny wrote:
>>> On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 19:28:10 -0000 (UTC), Linda Fox <linda.ff@ntlworld.com>
>>> a gribouillé dans la poussière...

>>> Because nothing was obvious to him at that moment. He was frightened
>>> because he didn't understand what was happening. Had Ben been an animal,
>>> David would have slipped straight into calm and practical mode.
>>>
>>> Joy's motherly reaction made me wonder (again) what really happened between
>>> her and her daughter.
>>
>> I think you're right about David, Penny. I was initially shouting at him to call or FT
>> home to prove Bess was OK, but he was petrified and not thinking straight.
>>
>> That was the most moving episode of The Archers I've listened to in a long time.
>> Well-written and well-acted. (We shall leave aside the reality of the present state of the
>> NHS as it pertains to anyone who is not BJ or of his ilk.)
>
> A lot of wailing still. Someone is going to have to ring Ben’s tutor. Me
> wonders if Roof n Deavud even realise he’s bern under performing/failing.
> Just as well he isn’t repaying the £40k.
>
> Mrs McT
I'm afraid this may well and truly be laid at Jill's door. Straws, camels, broken backs..
I think Leonard is of the same opinion. For many years, I've sat on the fence about Jill,
but this has done it for me. She has been cruel.

--
Yassas,
Anne, Exceptionally Traditionally-built Hellerat

Re: Spoiler 2.11.22

<jvepakFhvm4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12977&group=uk.media.radio.archers#12977

From: rtilbury...@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 18:39:16 +0000
 by: BrritSki - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 18:39 UTC

On 08/12/2022 17:43, Hellerat wrote:

> I'm afraid this may well and truly be laid at Jill's door. Straws,
> camels, broken backs.. I think Leonard is of the same opinion. For many
> years, I've sat on the fence about Jill, but this has done it for me.
> She has been cruel.

<LW> Unbelievable imo that anyone would behave like that to a loved
grandson even if she does have strong views about termination. It may
have been irresponsible of Ben, but the termination wasn't his decision.