Adults die young.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

SubjectAuthor
* Tyres fraying at edges.Clocky
`* Tyres fraying at edges.Xeno

Pages:12
Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<t10mfl$qd3$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12982&group=aus.cars#12982

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Tyres fraying at edges.
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 09:15:33 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 01:15 UTC

On 18/03/2022 6:17 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> My Michelin tires are 11 years old, but there's plenty of tread left.
> However the walls & edges are looking a bit ragged. The repair man
> says not to worry. I wonder what are the chances of a blowout?

The tyres are fucked, troll.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<j9i5iuFn3ccU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12987&group=aus.cars#12987

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 12:29:02 +1100
 by: Xeno - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 01:29 UTC

On 18/3/22 12:15, Clocky wrote:
> On 18/03/2022 6:17 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>> My Michelin tires are 11 years old, but there's plenty of tread left.
>> However the walls & edges are looking a bit ragged.  The repair man
>> says not to worry.  I wonder what are the chances of a blowout?
>>

> The tyres are fucked, troll.

Have you seen *evidence* to back your comment?

--
Xeno

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<t112b9$1ln$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12994&group=aus.cars#12994

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 12:38:02 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 04:38 UTC

On 18/03/2022 9:29 am, Xeno wrote:
> On 18/3/22 12:15, Clocky wrote:
>> On 18/03/2022 6:17 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>>> My Michelin tires are 11 years old, but there's plenty of tread left.
>>> However the walls & edges are looking a bit ragged.  The repair man
>>> says not to worry.  I wonder what are the chances of a blowout?
>>>

>> The tyres are fucked, troll.
>>
> Have you seen *evidence* to back your comment?

11 years old so they are past their use-by date.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if
it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<j9il9eFpqciU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=12995&group=aus.cars#12995

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 16:57:00 +1100
 by: Xeno - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 05:57 UTC

On 18/3/22 15:38, Clocky wrote:
> On 18/03/2022 9:29 am, Xeno wrote:
>>>>

>>> The tyres are fucked, troll.
>>>
>> Have you seen *evidence* to back your comment?
>>

> 11 years old so they are past their use-by date.

Michelins would fare a little better on the use by date but, yes, pretty
much past it. I would like to see the tyres before I condemn them
outright. Their true state will be determined by the level of exposure
to such entities as Ozone.

FWIW, I've never had a problem with out of date tyres - mine are well
and truly worn out before they get anywhere near. The Toy is already on
its second set and, at 6 years, the Suzi is getting close.

--
Xeno

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<j9iniiFq4f4U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13008&group=aus.cars#13008

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 17:36:46 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 06:36 UTC

On 18/03/2022 12:29 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 18/3/22 12:15, Clocky wrote:
>> On 18/03/2022 6:17 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>>> My Michelin tires are 11 years old, but there's plenty of tread left.
>>> However the walls & edges are looking a bit ragged.  The repair man
>>> says not to worry.  I wonder what are the chances of a blowout?
>>>

>> The tyres are fucked, troll.
>>
> Have you seen *evidence* to back your comment?

sounds like they might be a bit like mine were on the Magna that noddy
said would explode any second but didn't in another twelve months that I
drove on them.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just read
like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"- Xeno on Grubby Tech
"You cannot turn Darren's lies into the truth by attempting to *discredit*
what *I* say. You just make yourself look more of a dick"- Xeno to Grubby Tech

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<j9inseFq4f4U4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13009&group=aus.cars#13009

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 17:42:02 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 06:42 UTC

On 18/03/2022 4:57 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 18/3/22 15:38, Clocky wrote:

>>> Have you seen *evidence* to back your comment?
>>>

>> 11 years old so they are past their use-by date.
>>
> Michelins would fare a little better on the use by date but, yes,
> pretty much past it. I would like to see the tyres before I condemn
> them outright. Their true state will be determined by the level of
> exposure to such entities as Ozone.
>
> FWIW, I've never had a problem with out of date tyres - mine are well
> and truly worn out before they get anywhere near. The Toy is already
> on its second set and, at 6 years, the Suzi is getting close.

if you bought a new car, and parked it in a garage for 11 years, there
would be nothing wrong with the tyres, so age is not the main factor in
considering the roadworthiness of tyres, I would suggest.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just read
like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"- Xeno on Grubby Tech
"You cannot turn Darren's lies into the truth by attempting to *discredit*
what *I* say. You just make yourself look more of a dick"- Xeno to Grubby Tech

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<j9iqouFqq46U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13016&group=aus.cars#13016

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 18:30:38 +1100
 by: Xeno - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 07:30 UTC

On 18/3/22 17:42, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 18/03/2022 4:57 pm, Xeno wrote:

>>> 11 years old so they are past their use-by date.
>>>
>> Michelins would fare a little better on the use by date but, yes,
>> pretty much past it. I would like to see the tyres before I condemn
>> them outright. Their true state will be determined by the level of
>> exposure to such entities as Ozone.
>>
>> FWIW, I've never had a problem with out of date tyres - mine are well
>> and truly worn out before they get anywhere near. The Toy is already
>> on its second set and, at 6 years, the Suzi is getting close.
>>

> if you bought a new car, and parked it in a garage for 11 years, there
> would be nothing wrong with the tyres, so age is not the main factor in
> considering the roadworthiness of tyres, I would suggest.

In fact, if the garage was dark, cool and dry, the tyres would actually
*improve* somewhat due to natural curing of the tyre compound.

--
Xeno

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<t1262p$e4o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13032&group=aus.cars#13032

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 22:47:47 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 14:47 UTC

On 18/03/2022 2:42 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 18/03/2022 4:57 pm, Xeno wrote:

>>> 11 years old so they are past their use-by date.
>>>
>> Michelins would fare a little better on the use by date but, yes,
>> pretty much past it. I would like to see the tyres before I condemn
>> them outright. Their true state will be determined by the level of
>> exposure to such entities as Ozone.
>>
>> FWIW, I've never had a problem with out of date tyres - mine are well
>> and truly worn out before they get anywhere near. The Toy is already
>> on its second set and, at 6 years, the Suzi is getting close.
>>

> if you bought a new car, and parked it in a garage for 11 years, there
> would be nothing wrong with the tyres,

How do you know? They may well have developed flat spots that make the
car undriveable as well as cracked/perished.

Michelin says to check them every year when they are 5 years old and
replace at maximum 10 years.

so age is not the main factor in
> considering the roadworthiness of tyres, I would suggest.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if
it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<158fc079-b583-42dc-afc3-ccfc35dde203n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13037&group=aus.cars#13037

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 17:21:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: johnhhhi...@gmail.com (jonz@ nothere.com)
 by: jonz@ nothere.com - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 00:21 UTC

On Saturday, 19 March 2022 at 01:47:55 UTC+11, Clocky wrote:
> On 18/03/2022 2:42 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> >> Michelins would fare a little better on the use by date but, yes,
> >> pretty much past it. I would like to see the tyres before I condemn
> >> them outright. Their true state will be determined by the level of
> >> exposure to such entities as Ozone.
> >>
> >> FWIW, I've never had a problem with out of date tyres - mine are well
> >> and truly worn out before they get anywhere near. The Toy is already
> >> on its second set and, at 6 years, the Suzi is getting close.
> >>

> > if you bought a new car, and parked it in a garage for 11 years, there
> > would be nothing wrong with the tyres,
> How do you know? They may well have developed flat spots that make the
> car undriveable as well as cracked/perished.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyone with a clue, raises the vehicle off the ground when storing for any length of time.

> Michelin says to check them every year when they are 5 years old and
> replace at maximum 10 years.
> so age is not the main factor in
> > considering the roadworthiness of tyres, I would suggest.
> >

> --
> keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
> "He asserts that the claim is true, so, if
> it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<t13a66$v46$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13038&group=aus.cars#13038

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 12:04:04 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 01:04 UTC

On 19/03/2022 11:21 am, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
> On Saturday, 19 March 2022 at 01:47:55 UTC+11, Clocky wrote:

>>> if you bought a new car, and parked it in a garage for 11 years, there
>>> would be nothing wrong with the tyres,
>> How do you know? They may well have developed flat spots that make the
>> car undriveable as well as cracked/perished.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Anyone with a clue, raises the vehicle off the ground when storing for any length of time.

Exactly.

If you bought a new car and parked it in a garage for 11 years the tyres
would develop an unrecoverable flat spot that would render them
completely unserviceable. The *only* way to store a car that's not being
driven for that length of time is to do so with either the wheels off
and in a storage rack or the car elevated so there is no weight on the
rubber.

I'm surprised the resident automotive guru doesn't know this, but then
there seems to be a hell of a lot that he doesn't know....

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<j9kor5F7uioU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13039&group=aus.cars#13039

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 11:09:55 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 01:09 UTC

On 18/03/2022 5:30 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 18/3/22 17:42, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> Michelins would fare a little better on the use by date but, yes,
>>> pretty much past it. I would like to see the tyres before I condemn
>>> them outright. Their true state will be determined by the level of
>>> exposure to such entities as Ozone.
>>>
>>> FWIW, I've never had a problem with out of date tyres - mine are well
>>> and truly worn out before they get anywhere near. The Toy is already
>>> on its second set and, at 6 years, the Suzi is getting close.
>>>

>> if you bought a new car, and parked it in a garage for 11 years, there
>> would be nothing wrong with the tyres, so age is not the main factor
>> in considering the roadworthiness of tyres, I would suggest.
>>

> In fact, if the garage was dark, cool and dry, the tyres would actually
> *improve* somewhat due to natural curing of the tyre compound.

A friend who owned a grader always bought new tyres a year before he
needed them. They sat in the roof of his garage hardening until he
needed them. He reckoned that doing that doubled their life. Of course
what is good for heavy machinery tyres may not be best for car tyres.

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<j9kqi5F88nrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13043&group=aus.cars#13043

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 12:39:12 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 01:39 UTC

On 19/3/2022 12:09 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 18/03/2022 5:30 pm, Xeno wrote:

>>> if you bought a new car, and parked it in a garage for 11 years,
>>> there would be nothing wrong with the tyres, so age is not the main
>>> factor in considering the roadworthiness of tyres, I would suggest.
>>>

>> In fact, if the garage was dark, cool and dry, the tyres would
>> actually *improve* somewhat due to natural curing of the tyre compound.
>>
> A friend who owned a grader always bought new tyres a year before he
> needed them. They sat in the roof of his garage hardening until he
> needed them.

The correct term I am relating to is *curing* and it doesn't necessarily
pertain to *hardening* though proper curing also extends tyre life. His
garage would need some serious insulation as it can get quite hot in the
roof area. You will note I said dark, *cool* and dry. You need *all
three factors* to enhance the natural curing of tyres. His tyres likely
hardened but weren't really curing properly in a heated environment.

> He reckoned that doing that doubled their life. Of course
> what is good for heavy machinery tyres may not be best for car tyres.

Proper natural curing is best for *all* tyres. When they are made, they
are *cured* but, due to storage constraints, that is done artificially
and the amount of curing compound used determines the ultimate life of
the tyre. If the manufacturer was a bit sparse on the curing compound,
natural curing will *complete* the curing process.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<j9krhpF8e0sU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13044&group=aus.cars#13044

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 12:56:04 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 01:56 UTC

On 19/3/2022 12:04 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 19/03/2022 11:21 am, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:

>>> How do you know? They may well have developed flat spots that make the
>>> car undriveable as well as cracked/perished.
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Anyone with a clue, raises the vehicle off the ground when storing for
>> any length of time.
>
> Exactly.
>
> If you bought a new car and parked it in a garage for 11 years the tyres
> would develop an unrecoverable flat spot that would render them
> completely unserviceable. The *only* way to store a car that's not being
> driven for that length of time is to do so with either the wheels off
> and in a storage rack or the car elevated so there is no weight on the
> rubber.

When the car is run on the road, and the tyres warm up, any flat spots
tend to *iron themselves out* after a few kilometres.

> I'm surprised the resident automotive guru doesn't know this, but then
> there seems to be a hell of a lot that he doesn't know....

What sort of person buys a new car, then stores it for the best part of
its life? I'll give you a clue, the sort of person who doesn't care if
the tyres develop a flat spot and can afford to put a complete new set
on the car if and when required. Legally, the tyres are *out of date*
and can no longer be sold by any business as *used tyres*.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<j9krirF8e1jU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13045&group=aus.cars#13045

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 12:57:28 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 01:57 UTC

On 19/03/2022 12:39 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 19/3/2022 12:09 pm, keithr0 wrote:

>>> In fact, if the garage was dark, cool and dry, the tyres would
>>> actually *improve* somewhat due to natural curing of the tyre compound.
>>>
>> A friend who owned a grader always bought new tyres a year before he
>> needed them. They sat in the roof of his garage hardening until he
>> needed them.
>
> The correct term I am relating to is *curing* and it doesn't
> necessarily pertain to *hardening* though proper curing also extends
> tyre life. His garage would need some serious insulation as it can get
> quite hot in the roof area. You will note I said dark, *cool* and dry.
> You need *all three factors* to enhance the natural curing of tyres.
> His tyres likely hardened but weren't really curing properly in a
> heated environment.
>
>  > He reckoned that doing that doubled their life. Of course
>> what is good for heavy machinery tyres may not be best for car tyres.
>
> Proper natural curing is best for *all* tyres. When they are made,
> they are *cured* but, due to storage constraints, that is done
> artificially and the amount of curing compound used determines the
> ultimate life of the tyre. If the manufacturer was a bit sparse on the
> curing compound, natural curing will *complete* the curing process.

if we put noddy in a dark, cool, and dry environment for 12 months would
he be cured?  :)

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just read
like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"- Xeno on Grubby Tech
"You cannot turn Darren's lies into the truth by attempting to *discredit*
what *I* say. You just make yourself look more of a dick"- Xeno to Grubby Tech

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<j9krnhF8e1jU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13046&group=aus.cars#13046

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 13:00:00 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 02:00 UTC

On 19/03/2022 12:56 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 19/3/2022 12:04 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>> Anyone with a clue, raises the vehicle off the ground when storing
>>> for any length of time.
>>
>> Exactly.
>>
>> If you bought a new car and parked it in a garage for 11 years the
>> tyres would develop an unrecoverable flat spot that would render them
>> completely unserviceable. The *only* way to store a car that's not
>> being driven for that length of time is to do so with either the
>> wheels off and in a storage rack or the car elevated so there is no
>> weight on the rubber.
>
> When the car is run on the road, and the tyres warm up, any flat spots
> tend to *iron themselves out* after a few kilometres.

yeah that's what I thought. only solid rubber tyres can develop
permanent flat spots, I think.

>> I'm surprised the resident automotive guru doesn't know this, but
>> then there seems to be a hell of a lot that he doesn't know....
>
> What sort of person buys a new car, then stores it for the best part
> of its life? I'll give you a clue, the sort of person who doesn't care
> if the tyres develop a flat spot and can afford to put a complete new
> set on the car if and when required. Legally, the tyres are *out of
> date* and can no longer be sold by any business as *used tyres*.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just read
like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"- Xeno on Grubby Tech
"You cannot turn Darren's lies into the truth by attempting to *discredit*
what *I* say. You just make yourself look more of a dick"- Xeno to Grubby Tech

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<j9krvsF8e1jU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13048&group=aus.cars#13048

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 13:04:27 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 02:04 UTC

On 19/03/2022 1:00 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 19/03/2022 12:56 pm, Xeno wrote:

>>> Exactly.
>>>
>>> If you bought a new car and parked it in a garage for 11 years the
>>> tyres would develop an unrecoverable flat spot that would render
>>> them completely unserviceable. The *only* way to store a car that's
>>> not being driven for that length of time is to do so with either the
>>> wheels off and in a storage rack or the car elevated so there is no
>>> weight on the rubber.
>>
>> When the car is run on the road, and the tyres warm up, any flat
>> spots tend to *iron themselves out* after a few kilometres.
>

> yeah that's what I thought. only solid rubber tyres can develop
> permanent flat spots, I think.

oh, and you can do what dealers do with cars in in their showrooms, and
that is pump the tyres way up beyond their normal inflation psi so that
they are fully round

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just read
like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"- Xeno on Grubby Tech
"You cannot turn Darren's lies into the truth by attempting to *discredit*
what *I* say. You just make yourself look more of a dick"- Xeno to Grubby Tech

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<j9ks0jF8fifU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13049&group=aus.cars#13049

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 13:04:00 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 02:04 UTC

On 19/3/2022 12:57 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 19/03/2022 12:39 pm, Xeno wrote:

>>> A friend who owned a grader always bought new tyres a year before he
>>> needed them. They sat in the roof of his garage hardening until he
>>> needed them.
>>
>> The correct term I am relating to is *curing* and it doesn't
>> necessarily pertain to *hardening* though proper curing also extends
>> tyre life. His garage would need some serious insulation as it can get
>> quite hot in the roof area. You will note I said dark, *cool* and dry.
>> You need *all three factors* to enhance the natural curing of tyres.
>> His tyres likely hardened but weren't really curing properly in a
>> heated environment.
>>
>>  > He reckoned that doing that doubled their life. Of course
>>> what is good for heavy machinery tyres may not be best for car tyres.
>>
>> Proper natural curing is best for *all* tyres. When they are made,
>> they are *cured* but, due to storage constraints, that is done
>> artificially and the amount of curing compound used determines the
>> ultimate life of the tyre. If the manufacturer was a bit sparse on the
>> curing compound, natural curing will *complete* the curing process.
>>

> if we put noddy in a dark, cool, and dry environment for 12 months would
> he be cured?  :)

What ails Darren, according to all the pundits, is an *incurable* condition.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<j9ks8fF8hasU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13050&group=aus.cars#13050

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 13:09:02 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 02:09 UTC

On 19/03/2022 1:04 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 19/3/2022 12:57 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> The correct term I am relating to is *curing* and it doesn't
>>> necessarily pertain to *hardening* though proper curing also extends
>>> tyre life. His garage would need some serious insulation as it can
>>> get quite hot in the roof area. You will note I said dark, *cool*
>>> and dry. You need *all three factors* to enhance the natural curing
>>> of tyres. His tyres likely hardened but weren't really curing
>>> properly in a heated environment.
>>>
>>>  > He reckoned that doing that doubled their life. Of course
>>>
>>> Proper natural curing is best for *all* tyres. When they are made,
>>> they are *cured* but, due to storage constraints, that is done
>>> artificially and the amount of curing compound used determines the
>>> ultimate life of the tyre. If the manufacturer was a bit sparse on
>>> the curing compound, natural curing will *complete* the curing process.
>>>

>> if we put noddy in a dark, cool, and dry environment for 12 months
>> would he be cured?  :)
>>

> What ails Darren, according to all the pundits, is an *incurable*
> condition.

we can't cure Keith tho, he's only good for pulverising for stock feed  :)

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just read
like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"- Xeno on Grubby Tech
"You cannot turn Darren's lies into the truth by attempting to *discredit*
what *I* say. You just make yourself look more of a dick"- Xeno to Grubby Tech

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<c9aa0d32-0770-4518-abb0-f0d7c2b323abn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13051&group=aus.cars#13051

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 21:26:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: johnhhhi...@gmail.com (jonz@ nothere.com)
 by: jonz@ nothere.com - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 04:26 UTC

On Saturday, 19 March 2022 at 13:03:43 UTC+11, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 19/03/2022 1:00 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> >> When the car is run on the road, and the tyres warm up, any flat
> >> spots tend to *iron themselves out* after a few kilometres.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After 11yrs?, Not a chance in hell....

> > yeah that's what I thought. only solid rubber tyres can develop
> > permanent flat spots, I think.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So speaketh Useless Eustace. (Again!.)

> oh, and you can do what dealers do with cars in in their showrooms, and
> that is pump the tyres way up beyond their normal inflation psi so that
> they are fully round
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
See above. <FFS>
> --
> https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam
>
> FUCK PUTIN!!
>
> "His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
> the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
> "He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
> "What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
> just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
> "His self serving ego pumping comments just read
> like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
> "your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"- Xeno on Grubby Tech
> "You cannot turn Darren's lies into the truth by attempting to *discredit*
> what *I* say. You just make yourself look more of a dick"- Xeno to Grubby Tech

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<80b19177-41f7-4c7a-9c94-17e3d97e2100n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13053&group=aus.cars#13053

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 21:29:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: johnhhhi...@gmail.com (jonz@ nothere.com)
 by: jonz@ nothere.com - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 04:29 UTC

On Saturday, 19 March 2022 at 13:04:06 UTC+11, Xeno wrote:
> On 19/3/2022 12:57 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> >> The correct term I am relating to is *curing* and it doesn't
> >> necessarily pertain to *hardening* though proper curing also extends
> >> tyre life. His garage would need some serious insulation as it can get
> >> quite hot in the roof area. You will note I said dark, *cool* and dry.
> >> You need *all three factors* to enhance the natural curing of tyres.
> >> His tyres likely hardened but weren't really curing properly in a
> >> heated environment.

> >> Proper natural curing is best for *all* tyres. When they are made,
> >> they are *cured* but, due to storage constraints, that is done
> >> artificially and the amount of curing compound used determines the
> >> ultimate life of the tyre. If the manufacturer was a bit sparse on the
> >> curing compound, natural curing will *complete* the curing process.
> >>

> > if we put noddy in a dark, cool, and dry environment for 12 months would
> > he be cured? :)
> >

> What ails Darren, according to all the pundits, is an *incurable* condition.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PUNDITS?, amongst you bunch of misfits......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa :)))
> --
> Xeno
>

> Nothing astonishes Noddy so much as common sense and plain dealing.
> (with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<t13npk$d0i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13056&group=aus.cars#13056

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 15:56:16 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 04:56 UTC

On 19/03/2022 12:09 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 18/03/2022 5:30 pm, Xeno wrote:

>> In fact, if the garage was dark, cool and dry, the tyres would
>> actually *improve* somewhat due to natural curing of the tyre compound.
>>
> A friend who owned a grader always bought new tyres a year before he
> needed them. They sat in the roof of his garage hardening until he
> needed them. He reckoned that doing that doubled their life. Of course
> what is good for heavy machinery tyres may not be best for car tyres.

A lot of people used to do that years ago, including car owners.

Some people would throw brand new tyres on the roof of their garage or
house and leave them sit exposed to the sun for some time before using
them, with their logic being that exposing them to massive amounts of UV
hardened the rubber and increased their wear resistance. However they
were also completely oblivious to the fact that it totally killed the
tyre's elasticity and reduced the grip to near zero.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<t13sea$rt2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13058&group=aus.cars#13058

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 17:15:34 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 06:15 UTC

On 19/03/2022 3:26 pm, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> After 11yrs?, Not a chance in hell....

Yep. This moron is absolutely clueless :)

>>> yeah that's what I thought. only solid rubber tyres can develop
>>> permanent flat spots, I think.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> So speaketh Useless Eustace. (Again!.)

Felix having no idea about this stuff I can get, but Clasener is
supposed to be the eminently qualified expert who passed on vital
knowledge to the up and comings who were working in the trade, and here
he is making a complete idiot out of himself yet again with *more* of
his ridiculous ignorance.

It defies belief that someone who constantly displays how utterly
clueless they are as he does could have ever taught anyone how to be
anything other than an abject failure. I'll bet his students absolutely
*hated* him and thought he was a complete flog :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<t13sg8$rt2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13059&group=aus.cars#13059

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 17:16:39 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 06:16 UTC

On 19/03/2022 3:29 pm, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
> On Saturday, 19 March 2022 at 13:04:06 UTC+11, Xeno wrote:

>> What ails Darren, according to all the pundits, is an *incurable* condition.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> PUNDITS?, amongst you bunch of misfits......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa :)))

I suppose that puts me in the same company as Shane Warne then, as it's
all about assumption and not fact, right? :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<j9lequFbrbiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13061&group=aus.cars#13061

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 18:25:16 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 07:25 UTC

On 19/3/2022 5:15 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>   After 11yrs?, Not a chance in hell....
>
> Yep. This moron is absolutely clueless :)

>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>    So speaketh Useless Eustace. (Again!.)
>
> Felix having no idea about this stuff I can get, but Clasener is
> supposed to be the eminently qualified expert who passed on vital
> knowledge to the up and comings who were working in the trade, and here
> he is making a complete idiot out of himself yet again with *more* of
> his ridiculous ignorance.
>
> It defies belief that someone who constantly displays how utterly
> clueless they are as he does could have ever taught anyone how to be
> anything other than an abject failure. I'll bet his students absolutely
> *hated* him and thought he was a complete flog :)

You never managed to get to TAFE as an apprentice Darren! How the hell
would you know *anything* about what goes on in apprentice classes?

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Tyres fraying at edges.

<j9lf0oFbt74U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13062&group=aus.cars#13062

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 18:28:19 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 07:28 UTC

On 19/3/2022 5:16 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 19/03/2022 3:29 pm, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
>> On Saturday, 19 March 2022 at 13:04:06 UTC+11, Xeno wrote:
>
>>> What ails Darren, according to all the pundits, is an *incurable*
>>> condition.
>>   PUNDITS?, amongst you bunch of
>> misfits......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa :)))
>
> I suppose that puts me in the same company as Shane Warne then, as it's
> all about assumption and not fact, right? :)

In your case, determined by all the *evidence* you have put forward over
the years, including *living a lie*. Shane Warne, on the other hand,
actually lived the life, no need for bullshit. *That's* what people
loved him for Darren, no bullshit, he was what he was.