From: not...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Subject: AAA NiMH Battery Pack Replacement
Newsgroups: aus.electronics
Date: 22 May 2022 17:59:32 +1000
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Sun, 22 May 2022 07:59 UTC

For a relative I recently fixed one of these walkie talkies which
wasn't transmitting (it was just a microphone fault):
https://www.jaycar.com.au/0-5w-80-ch-uhf-transceivers/p/DC1027

The batteries are getting weak. They accept regular AAAs, but the
charging cradle requires the original battery pack with metal
charging contacts at the back:
https://www.jaycar.com.au/700mah-nimh-battery-pack-for-0-5w-uhf-transceivers/p/DC1029

Jaycar aren't selling them anymore except from stores with
remaining stock (none nearby). The packs are clearly just three
AAAs stuck together, but the compartment that they go into is tight
so rebuilding the pack neatly enough that they fit back in would be
an awkward job.

Are packs like this for sale somewhere on the web? I had a look on
Ebay buy couldn't find any with the charging contacts in the same
place. I haven't got any model number to go from, so it's a bit
tricky.

--
__ __