Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Play Want Strike (PWBE 12 Dec 2022)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 00:57:36 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 00:57 UTC

Can't go see any nurses. That's okay, there's no trains to ride.

Play:
--=--

Elden Ring (PS5) - Going back and mopping up some old boss fights that I
missed the first time around. At level 110 or so I can comfortably take
on the Dung Eater near the end of his quest, and most of the Evergaol
prisoners. I've also managed to go back and hit a few Catacomb bosses,
specifically the ones that double-team you with multiple attack types.
But even after all this levelling I'm not quite tough enough for the
fight against the fire giant or the Irish commander dude at the top of
the mountain. I can sort of feel my interest waning further as I run out
of side things to do.

Atari 50 (XSX) - I say it was me, but really it was my kid after I
explained to him how video games were unusual to have in one's house
back when I was his age. He didn't really warm to Centipede, Breakout
was a bust once he figured out what the goal was, and while he gave
Haunted House and Adventure a solid, honest go he wasn't really into
them. But once Crystal Castles was up on screen he immediately
understood what the ask was and how to be successful. He must have spent
a good hour playing that, and another half hour getting good at Food
Fight immediately after.

Want:
--=--

More space - Making room for all my kid's stuff makes me realise how
much square footage my collection actually takes up and motivates me to
figure out a better way of storing everything. As it stands now I step
through or over a lot of things that I never otherwise touch or use on a
regular basis. This is becoming an issue now that my kid is starting to
feel that collector itch, driven by character-based media like
Transformers. Incidentally, he's gonna have the best Christmas ever.

Bin:
-==-

Sinus infections - I'm now convinced that I've actually been sick for
about three months now and just now got around to treating the illness
properly. This old age thing can go hang.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $4,404

-KKC, who has also ordered a 3D printer. This will only end well.

Re: Play Want Strike (PWBE 12 Dec 2022)

<iVZlL.1994671$miq3.180715@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1304&group=uk.games.video.misc#1304

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Play Want Strike (PWBE 12 Dec 2022)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 12:06:38 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Tue, 13 Dec 2022 12:06 UTC

> Can't go see any nurses. That's okay, there's no trains to ride.

My PWB strike on Monday achieved the desired 19% pay increase, but it
was probably a mistake to get the raise in percentage terms.

> Play:

Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PS4) - more of this, which may have involved such
vital activities as winning all the Mahjong games/tournaments for no
adequately explored reason (though admittedly I did use a Peerless
Tile cheat on the side-mission one). I even made occasional visits to
the story, where my reaction would usually be "we're doing what now?"
despite having played Yakuza 2 before. So, y'know, fun stuff.

> Want:

To check out a Yakuza 2 playthrough to see how the original compares.
I suspect the PS2 graphics will not have aged well. :-)

> Bin:

YK2's Clan Creator tower-defence-ish minigame making it overly grindy
and tedious to max out the levels of a whole team, and having too many
waves per fight in the later ones.

YK2's tiger-punching seeming a lot more difficult than in the
original, IIRC. While I had wildly overpowered weapons on hand at this
point due to all the side-mission stuff (so I just used one of those
and breezed through it), I'd hoped to be punching my way through - but
I could hardly lay a hand on them that way.

The sudden random difficulty swings of Haruka's (optional) requests in
YK2, and especially the fact that she selected one of the most
difficult (golf bingo challenge, making nine shots in ten attempts) as
the second one. The more usual "go to shop/restaurant X and buy Y" one
is... somewhat easier, and even the blackjack one only required
winning a single hand.

-Rus.

Re: Play Want Strike (PWBE 12 Dec 2022)

<hxicnTXbPJkkGgX-nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1305&group=uk.games.video.misc#1305

Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 14:10:01 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Tue, 13 Dec 2022 14:10 UTC

In article <iVZlL.1994671$miq3.180715@usenetxs.com>,
Russell Marks <zgedneil@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com> wrote:
>Kendrick Kerwin Chua <kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:
>
>> Can't go see any nurses. That's okay, there's no trains to ride.
>
>My PWB strike on Monday achieved the desired 19% pay increase, but it
>was probably a mistake to get the raise in percentage terms.
>
>> Want:
>
>To check out a Yakuza 2 playthrough to see how the original compares.
>I suspect the PS2 graphics will not have aged well. :-)

Ooh. I bought the PS3 re-release of the original Y1/Y2 games (which also
formed the basis for the WiiU release) so it's worth looking at that one
since it's higher resolution but still uses the original textures and
polygons. It is comedy gold as a result.

-KKC, who needs a big long nap.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Re: Play Want Strike (PWBE 12 Dec 2022)