From: johnashb...@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: BTA 2022
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 07:59:52 +0000
 by: John Ashby - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 07:59 UTC

This is an official notification that Nominations for Bad Taste Awards
2022 will close at 23:59 on the 24th December and reopen for the 2023
season at 00:01 on the 25th December.

The Award Ceremony itself will be held on the 5th January at 19:20 GMT
(just in case anybody is still listening to The Archers by then). In
view of the recent spell of cold weather in the UK and the possibility
of it continuing into the New Year the Ceremony will be held in
Murwillumbah, New South Wales, and will inevitably feature a host of
celebrities in their own minds. The BTM himself will be using the event
to raise the important issue of the scourge of discalculia which means
he may be unable to work out when it should be in local time.

For those who are unable to travel to the Ceremony, rest assured we will
be talking about you behind your backs.

The BTM

Re: BTA 2022

<cuodph9aclrm3h2kp7m4727ukji7gl8car@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13061&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13061

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: BTA 2022
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 09:29:49 +0000
 by: Vicky - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 09:29 UTC

On Mon, 12 Dec 2022 07:59:52 +0000, John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>This is an official notification that Nominations for Bad Taste Awards
>2022 will close at 23:59 on the 24th December and reopen for the 2023
>season at 00:01 on the 25th December.
>
>The Award Ceremony itself will be held on the 5th January at 19:20 GMT
>(just in case anybody is still listening to The Archers by then). In
>view of the recent spell of cold weather in the UK and the possibility
>of it continuing into the New Year the Ceremony will be held in
>Murwillumbah, New South Wales, and will inevitably feature a host of
>celebrities in their own minds. The BTM himself will be using the event
>to raise the important issue of the scourge of discalculia which means
>he may be unable to work out when it should be in local time.
>
>For those who are unable to travel to the Ceremony, rest assured we will
>be talking about you behind your backs.
>
>The BTM

Oh NEW SOUTH Wales. I read it as S Wales and wondered if they are on
the same time as Watford. I just checked and it apparently has nice
beaches. What a great choice for a winter meeting!

'Beautiful beaches, hinterland villages, organic farms and World
Heritage-listed Wollumbin National Park '
We could oranise a visit to some organic farms while we are out there
perhaps as well as beahc time?

BTA Awards

<tn73ma$27ec6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13067&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13067

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: BTA Awards
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 11:35:38 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:hU1VlGO4/Ot7v4mv+xkLo5Ua/84=
 by: Chris - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 11:35 UTC

John Ashby wrote

Murwillumbah

Thought you’d made it up! I think Tony Ozrat should visit it for us. :).
Yeah, a long way from his Ozzie residence!

Mrs McT

Re: BTA 2022

<4n7ephhv6m03kpepcjsf26sqtn56ro9cnh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13068&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13068

From: nickodel...@yahoo.ca (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 12:35:36 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 12:35 UTC

wrote:

>This is an official notification that Nominations for Bad Taste Awards
>2022 will close at 23:59 on the 24th December and reopen for the 2023
>season at 00:01 on the 25th December.
>
>The Award Ceremony itself will be held on the 5th January at 19:20 GMT
>(just in case anybody is still listening to The Archers by then). In
>view of the recent spell of cold weather in the UK and the possibility
>of it continuing into the New Year the Ceremony will be held in
>Murwillumbah, New South Wales, and will inevitably feature a host of
>celebrities in their own minds. The BTM himself will be using the event
>to raise the important issue of the scourge of discalculia which means
>he may be unable to work out when it should be in local time.
>
>For those who are unable to travel to the Ceremony, rest assured we will
>be talking about you behind your backs.

I'm sure you have your own, good reasons for selecting Murwillumbah
though I couldn't give a camel's penis for any of them: if you really
want to practice your discalculia you ought to relocate the ceremony
to neighbouring Tweed Heads where the time of day can literally depend
on which side of the street you are standing. Two New Year's Eves,
anyone?

Nick

Re: BTA 2022

<vrhephd0t6u5pjs7pf9ekv7dl1r3uh7p12@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13073&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13073

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 15:32:09 +0000
 by: Penny - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 15:32 UTC

On Mon, 12 Dec 2022 09:29:49 +0000, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> a
gribouillé dans la poussière...

>On Mon, 12 Dec 2022 07:59:52 +0000, John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>
>>This is an official notification that Nominations for Bad Taste Awards
>>2022 will close at 23:59 on the 24th December and reopen for the 2023
>>season at 00:01 on the 25th December.
>>
>>The Award Ceremony itself will be held on the 5th January at 19:20 GMT
>>(just in case anybody is still listening to The Archers by then). In
>>view of the recent spell of cold weather in the UK and the possibility
>>of it continuing into the New Year the Ceremony will be held in
>>Murwillumbah, New South Wales,

>Oh NEW SOUTH Wales. I read it as S Wales and wondered if they are on
>the same time as Watford. I just checked and it apparently has nice
>beaches. What a great choice for a winter meeting!

Mur-willum-bach (Little Will's Wall) is in South Wales and has a
limestone-pavement beach accessible via a steep flight of steps down the
cliff. Very pleasant on a warm, calm day in fine weather. I believe Marconi
sent his first messages from somewhere nearby. If we're meeting up there,
someone better check the tide tables, as well as the weather forecast.

--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: BTA 2022

<Q5MlL.1498413$9f26.118452@fx09.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13076&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13076

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 20:24:16 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 20:24 UTC

On 12-Dec-22 7:59, John Ashby wrote:
> This is an official notification that Nominations for Bad Taste Awards
> 2022 will close at 23:59 on the 24th December and reopen for the 2023
> season at 00:01 on the 25th December.
>
> The Award Ceremony itself will be held on the 5th January at 19:20 GMT
> (just in case anybody is still listening to The Archers by then). In
> view of the recent spell of cold weather in the UK and the possibility
> of it continuing into the New Year the Ceremony will be held in
> Murwillumbah, New South Wales, and will inevitably feature a host of
> celebrities in their own minds. The BTM himself will be using the event
> to raise the important issue of the scourge of discalculia which means
> he may be unable to work out when it should be in local time.
>
> For those who are unable to travel to the Ceremony, rest assured we will
> be talking about you behind your backs.
>
> The BTM

Murwillumbah??

D@mn! I've already booked and paid for a week in Angledool (population 58)

That'll teach me to take a flyer on where it will be held.

--
Sam Plusnet