From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Revisiting Couriers Rotten Service
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 17:30:12 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:JzIHuNr58NcO3ISJut4winkTmkg=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sun, 11 Dec 2022 17:30 UTC

And if they weren’t already in the list … please add FedEx. Ordered some
tea in a padded bag via Amazon and although the goods were despatched the
following day, FedEx wanted a fortnight to carry them to us. About 12 days
later, a message arrives to say FedEx have lost the goods and the suppliers
no longer have any stock:-(((. Harrrumph.!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Revisiting Couriers Rotten Service

<tn5as9$56d$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13053&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13053

From: joe_k...@cheerful.com (Joe Kerr)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Revisiting Couriers Rotten Service
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 19:25:58 +0000
 by: Joe Kerr - Sun, 11 Dec 2022 19:25 UTC

On 11/12/2022 17:30, Mike McMillan wrote:
> And if they weren’t already in the list … please add FedEx. Ordered some
> tea in a padded bag via Amazon and although the goods were despatched the
> following day, FedEx wanted a fortnight to carry them to us. About 12 days
> later, a message arrives to say FedEx have lost the goods and the suppliers
> no longer have any stock:-(((. Harrrumph.!

Yesterday afternoon the doorbell rang. When I went to answer it a found
a mysterious parcel in the porch and a neighbour outside. He had been
sent a message that a parcel, which he didn't have, had been delivered
and a photograph of a house that wasn't his. He tracked it down to me.
It appears that I had failed to lock the outer when I came in the
previous day and a delivery bod from an unknown (to me) company had just
dumped the parcel at the wrong address and scarpered without even
ringing the bell. I did notice that the parcel was labelled 'Perishable'.

--
Ric

Re: Revisiting Couriers Rotten Service

<tn73f9$27drp$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13066&group=uk.media.radio.archers#13066

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 11:31:53 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:aQGrO0GHrTf7Pk2f4FtkaOniRGU=
 by: Chris - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 11:31 UTC

Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:
> And if they weren’t already in the list … please add FedEx. Ordered some
> tea in a padded bag via Amazon and although the goods were despatched the
> following day, FedEx wanted a fortnight to carry them to us. About 12 days
> later, a message arrives to say FedEx have lost the goods and the suppliers
> no longer have any stock:-(((. Harrrumph.!

Indeed, that was *my tea*, and not cheap either. However Amazon (spit) do
have it and much cheaper. That nice Mr McT uses Amazon for me

Mrs McT (who mostly drinks lemon and ginger tea and looseleaf is cheaper)