Faster, faster, you fool, you fool! -- Bill Cosby

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Re: Play Want Bin Cold (PWBE 26 Dec 2022)

SubjectAuthor
* Play Want Bin Cold (PWBE 26 Dec 2022)Kendrick Kerwin Chua
+- Re: Play Want Bin Cold (PWBE 26 Dec 2022)Jaimie Vandenbergh
+- Re: Play Want Bin Cold (PWBE 26 Dec 2022)Russell Marks
`* Re: Play Want Bin Cold (PWBE 26 Dec 2022)John Dow
 `- Re: Play Want Bin Cold (PWBE 26 Dec 2022)Kendrick Kerwin Chua

1
Play Want Bin Cold (PWBE 26 Dec 2022)

<Qr-cnZwFULk-GzT-nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1308&group=uk.games.video.misc#1308

Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Play Want Bin Cold (PWBE 26 Dec 2022)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 11:33:55 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 11:33 UTC

Wait, no trains today either? Even Mussolini could make the trains run
on time. Or at least that's the story they told before they hung him
upside down at a petrol station.

Play:
--=--

Tactics Ogre Reborn (PS5) - Oh hey! This is... Just the PSP slightly
upscaled with voice acting added over top of it. It's not awful, and if
it sounds like I'm damning with faint praise I'm also encouraged by the
fact that the acting makes the opening fake-out a much more engaging
affair than when it was text only. The tutorial (which is otherwise
unchanged from the original) feels much more charming and useful with
the fake British accents booming out of the screen like a community
theatre Shakespeare production. Apropos of nothing, I get the Switch
version in about a week.

Yakuza Like a Dragon (PC) - Getting the Switch version going so I can
get screen captures for Teams backgrounds. I like the English voice
acting much more than other people seem to. I just wish I could get more
than ten minutes to myself to play properly.

Want:
--=--

Aerobiz (MD/SNES) - And its somewhat more modern sequel. The idea that
Koei once thought that a simulation of airline business (not flying, but
managing a fleet and routes) would be something that people needed to
see is both inspiring and baffling. And I want to see it for myself how
well the concept worked.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related. Happy New Year, everyone.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $4,404

Tactics Ogre Reborn (NSW) - $35
Tactics Ogre Reborn (PS5) - $35
River City Girls 2 (PS4) - $33
River City Girls 2 (NSW) - $33
Psikyo Shooting Library Vol 1 (PS4) - $30
Psikyo Shooting Library Vol 2 (PS4) - $30
The King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match (PS4) - $23
Valkyrie Elysium (PS4) - $30

Total to date - $4,663

Balance forward - $4,179

-KKC, who won't see most of those games until they ship from Hong Kong.

Re: Play Want Bin Cold (PWBE 26 Dec 2022)

<k0tlm9Fp6ruU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1309&group=uk.games.video.misc#1309

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Play Want Bin Cold (PWBE 26 Dec 2022)
Date: 26 Dec 2022 13:25:29 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 13:25 UTC

On 26 Dec 2022 at 11:33:55 GMT, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
<kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> Wait, no trains today either? Even Mussolini could make the trains run
> on time. Or at least that's the story they told before they hung him
> upside down at a petrol station.

Very little today, it's a bank holiday here.

> Play:
> --=--

Not much! I've put in an hour or two of Vampire Survivors, in which I've
made a point of getting an achievement or two every game so far - except
that one where I totally fucked my build and died at 12 minutes. Even
then I discovered something to avoid doing in future.

> Want:
> --=--

To do more games and less downloading; I spent five hours prepping to
restart PMGing post-op, and haven't yet fired up those games to get past
the intro into the multiplayer.

> Bin:
> -==-

This cold weather so I can have my games room back. We've moved bedroom
from the attic (hit 6C) to the library/games room, which means that
since mrs goes to bed at 10pm I have no games room - and no VR space, no
soldering workbench either.

Still not sure about switching the TVs around; the reason the bigger one
ended up in the games room was that it didn't fit in the lounge, but
I've changed the way the lounge TV is mounted from 'on a media cabinet'
to 'wall swingarm' since then. The swingarm is rated to half a kilo less
than the big TV though... Lot of faff trying it out. Or I may just play
at 1080p on the lounge TV and get locked 60fps in everything.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
Politicians are not born, they are excreted
- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC

Re: Play Want Bin Cold (PWBE 26 Dec 2022)

<c1FqL.2219736$WRz3.271139@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1310&group=uk.games.video.misc#1310

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 16:26:48 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Tue, 27 Dec 2022 16:26 UTC

> Play:

Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PS4) - surprisingly, managed the rest of the
side-missions (in Premium Adventure mode, the naming of which makes it
sound to me like some overpriced DLC oddity at this point). I managed
to pretty much luck my way through the baseball with the Serene Bat,
then beat the last of the Amons using the highly advanced expert
method of spamming many, many healing items.

> Want:

Nothing.

> Bin:

Doing all the side-missions in a Yakuza game for the first time being
spoiled slightly by YK2 apparently having far fewer than the original
Yakuza 2.

-Rus.

Re: Play Want Bin Cold (PWBE 26 Dec 2022)

<slrntr5dj1.i7.jmd@perseus.nelefa.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1312&group=uk.games.video.misc#1312

From: jmd...@nelefa.org (John Dow)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 10:48:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Dow - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 10:48 UTC

On 2022-12-26, Kendrick Kerwin Chua <kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> Tactics Ogre Reborn (PS5) - Oh hey! This is... Just the PSP slightly
> upscaled with voice acting added over top of it. It's not awful, and if
> it sounds like I'm damning with faint praise I'm also encouraged by the
> fact that the acting makes the opening fake-out a much more engaging
> affair than when it was text only. The tutorial (which is otherwise
> unchanged from the original) feels much more charming and useful with
> the fake British accents booming out of the screen like a community
> theatre Shakespeare production. Apropos of nothing, I get the Switch
> version in about a week.

But the PRICE though! I'd like to get it but I just balk at paying
the obscene amount of cash they're charging for what is basically
a Nintendo virtual console title.

John Dow <jmd@nelefa.org.invalid>
... Blog & Game Diary : http://www.nelefa.org
/|\ Constructed using SLRN and Vi.
/ | \ Zomoniac is Wrong. Fact.

Re: Play Want Bin Cold (PWBE 26 Dec 2022)

<2w2dnaF6mJEDGy7-nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1313&group=uk.games.video.misc#1313

Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2023 01:36:30 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Tue, 3 Jan 2023 01:36 UTC

In article <slrntr5dj1.i7.jmd@perseus.nelefa.org>,
John Dow <jmd@nelefa.org> wrote:
>On 2022-12-26, Kendrick Kerwin Chua <kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:
>>
>> Tactics Ogre Reborn (PS5) - Oh hey! This is... Just the PSP slightly
>> upscaled with voice acting added over top of it. It's not awful, and if
>> it sounds like I'm damning with faint praise I'm also encouraged by the
>> fact that the acting makes the opening fake-out a much more engaging
>> affair than when it was text only. The tutorial (which is otherwise
>> unchanged from the original) feels much more charming and useful with
>> the fake British accents booming out of the screen like a community
>> theatre Shakespeare production. Apropos of nothing, I get the Switch
>> version in about a week.
>
>But the PRICE though! I'd like to get it but I just balk at paying
>the obscene amount of cash they're charging for what is basically
>a Nintendo virtual console title.

I did pick it up for half off, but then I bought it for both PS4 and
Switch. I have a problem. Also I should have done more research. I'm 100
percent certain this is going to be on deep discount once they figure
out how few have actually sold.

-KKC, who isn't anxious to go back to work.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Re: Play Want Bin Cold (PWBE 26 Dec 2022)