Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Play Want Bin Austerity (PWBE 3 Jan 2023)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2023 01:49:17 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Tue, 3 Jan 2023 01:49 UTC

Pull that belt another notch tighter, everybody.

Play:
--=--

Valkyrie Elysium (PS5) - I actually got the PS4 disc at a fabulous
discount, so I'm entitled to the PS5 digital upgrade. Which gives me all
the exact same textures and resolutions and frame rate but now I can
have HDR too. It's a startlingly simple game with too many inputs, but
it's very very pretty. But I've played through the tutorial three times
now and I can't seem to remember how to play because I'm not engaged at
all. I can see exactly where the story is going and what the twist is
going to be and I just can't seem to bring myself to care.

Elden Ring (PS5) - Oh hey, there's a catacomb tomb thing I missed from
before. It's the place they buried the giant killer, so of course it's
filled with boss-level mooks who can't be hurt unless the sunlight is
shining on them. At level 118 I ought to be able to skate through
challenges like that, but I'm not really sure how much more I can put up
with. I'm also not wild about this weird Ball Bearing boss that just
shows up out of nowhere at night in place of random merchants.

Want:
--=--

A better idea of what to use this 3D printer for - So I've got a 3D
resin printer now, and I made a handful of VMU caps to replace the
missing ones. I didn't lose any, to be clear, but I did buy a bunch
second-hand that were missing them. They're not a perfect fit, but after
some work with a Dremel and my teeth they work well enough. I am
inspired to pick up that resimn that cures into a silicone rubber
equivalent to see if that makes for a better cap, since the normal stuff
hardens into unforgiving ABS.

I had ambitions to crank out replacement board game parts and piles of
missing toy bits, but after having had some experience with the process
I'm being much more choosey about what to make. This is by way of saying
that I want to hunt through all my game systems and try to prioritise
what I actually can't live without, because all people should expend
effort on optimising their fun so that they know they're getting the
most fun out of their fun at any particular fun moment.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related. Happy new year, everyone.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $0 (annual reset)

-KKC, who needs more sleep now.

Re: Play Want Bin Austerity (PWBE 3 Jan 2023)

<k1ismiF2mesU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1315&group=uk.games.video.misc#1315

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Play Want Bin Austerity (PWBE 3 Jan 2023)
Date: 3 Jan 2023 14:33:54 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Tue, 3 Jan 2023 14:33 UTC

On 3 Jan 2023 at 01:49:17 GMT, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
<kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> Pull that belt another notch tighter, everybody.

If only that were possible...

> Play:
> --=--

A little bit of Gotham Knights (PS5) in prep for PMG with Gus, which has
made me realise I'm a long way behind on Batman lore, and not even sure
if it's movie or comic. I recognise Red Hood's costume but know nothing
at all about him.
The game feels *exceedingly* The Division but Batman. Or no Batman,
since he's dead in this one (not a spoiler, it's the setup for the
game). Playing as Ms Gordon, because the other three are jerks. Need to
play a bit more before I get to multiplayer-ready, actually.

A couple of goes at Beat Saber. I have downgraded from PC+Index to using
the Quest 2 due to stupid home rearrangements for winter. I blame this,
not me, from also downgrading from Expert+ to Expert level. Excitingly
the muscle strain this can leave me with feels like chest trouble :)
Fortunately I knew that from previous "aargh!" moments.

Got Ryujinx working on my Mac M1, and the native Arm build does a fine
job of covering up the Switch's feebleness. I need to work out if/how to
apply my actual account to the emulator next, since I have more legit
downloadable games than I can shake a stick at and no wish to pirate. I
may have played the first hour of Bayonetta3 as a trial.

> Want:
> --=--

Warm weather. Being cooped up in 60% of the usual house volume is
aggravating.

> Bin:
> -==-

Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin.

> Expenditure:
> -----=-----

Zero so far :) Maybe I'll count this year.

Cheers - Jaimie

--
"Hey T-Rex! This ice cream cake is delicious!"
"Thanks! You don't think it tastes like... *philosophical compromise*?"

Re: Play Want Bin Austerity (PWBE 3 Jan 2023)

<Pl_sL.2043032$JNZ4.435141@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1316&group=uk.games.video.misc#1316

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2023 18:20:31 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Tue, 3 Jan 2023 18:20 UTC

> Play:

Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PS4) - a bit more randomness in Premium Adventure
mode, mostly doing bouncer missions.

> Want:

Possibly to do the one bonus mission I never tried in YK2's Clan
Creator, but the listed number of waves makes it sound tedious.

> Bin:

Nothing.

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Play Want Bin Austerity (PWBE 3 Jan 2023)