The unrecognized minister of propaganda, E -- seen in an email from Ean Schuessler

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Angry man wrongfully confronts cyclists on Cherry Tree Walk

SubjectAuthor
* Angry man wrongfully confronts cyclists on Cherry Tree Walkswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Angry man wrongfully confronts cyclists on Cherry Tree WalkSpike
`- Re: Angry man wrongfully confronts cyclists on Cherry Tree Walkswldx...@gmail.com

1
Angry man wrongfully confronts cyclists on Cherry Tree Walk

<74a35e09-275c-4bdc-81e2-aa3cca038dc1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13153&group=uk.rec.cycling#13153

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 11:00:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Angry man wrongfully confronts cyclists on Cherry Tree Walk
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 18:00 UTC

AN ANGRY man was filmed telling off a group of cyclists for locking their bikes onto a bike rack.

The man claimed the group had 'damaged' the planter - which he did not realise was intentionally meant to be a bike rack.

Filled with flowers, the decorative bike racks have been popping up around Worcester as a way to brighten up the city and encourage cycling.

But a group of cyclists found themselves in the middle of a confrontation after they locked their bike on Cherry Tree Walk.

As they enjoyed a meal at Burger Shop, the man became enraged with the bikes chained to the rack and part of the exchange was filmed on camera.

Nick Sturdy, one of the cyclists in the group, said that he could hear the rustling of chains while the group sat at their table.

"The man would not listen to us at all and went berserk and was swearing whilst we tried to explain the situation.

"We continuously tried to tell him what the locks were for but he would not back down and continued to be aggressive.

"We filmed the incident because we just did not know what was going to happen."

Mr Sturdy said: "We had been on a bike ride around Worcestershire and decided to stop off for a meal at Burger Shop to end the day.

"We locked up using the plant locks and sat down in the restaurant when we heard the sound of the man approaching our bikes with a chain.

"We stood up to see if there was a problem and he went berserk, swearing at us and saying that the area was private land.

"He claimed that he was looking after one of the businesses whilst the owner was away.

"He eventually calmed down but clearly did not care to notice the clear bike logo on the lock itself.

"After the incident despite being in the right, we did not feel comfortable parking our bikes there so the amazing staff at the restaurant allowed us to park the bikes inside."

Mr Sturdy wanted to share the video online to highlight some of the problems cyclists face in Worcester.

The plant locks were purchased as part of the Park That Bike scheme where the plant locks could be purchased by businesses and subsidised through Worcestershire County Council.

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/20681729.angry-man-wrongfully-confronts-cyclists-cherry-tree-walk/

Re: Angry man wrongfully confronts cyclists on Cherry Tree Walk

<jmkmhmFinr2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13158&group=uk.rec.cycling#13158

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 23 Aug 2022 19:02:14 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 19:02 UTC

Account of incident posted, erm, yesterday…

--
Spike

Re: Angry man wrongfully confronts cyclists on Cherry Tree Walk

<412660c6-9a95-472a-a08e-cd9f60f04fden@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13159&group=uk.rec.cycling#13159

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 12:06:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 19:06 UTC

Karl Anders 3 hrs ago
User ID: 1876289
Where does it say in the story he apologised? And why is it 'WN filler' to run a story about an aggressive, potentially violent man harassing innocent folk going about their business in the city centre. It's exactly what the WN is there for, I would say.

WELL SAID.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Angry man wrongfully confronts cyclists on Cherry Tree Walk