Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Play Want Brrr Defer the Game (PWBE 23 Jan 2023)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:41:11 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:41 UTC

The newsgroup is too cold to play on. Let's call off the game after six
minutes and come back in a week.

Play:
--=--

Elden Ring (PS5) - Woo. Fire giant down. I did the thing where I fell
down into the crucible of whatever because it looks like a space you
should be able to explore and it looks like there are logical exit
points. I also had a big streak of success where I managed to take down
Commander Niall and blagged my way through to the end of Latenna's
optional quest, and took down the bloody axe-wielding thing in the
snowfield catacombs on the first try. Finally on Sunday I managed to
take down Mohg with a lucky hit after getting myself whittled down to 2
HP. It's been a good run.

I'm still moderately annoyed at how obtuse and opaque some of the
puzzles are. There's literally no way to know how some of the doors are
supposed to open unless you use a guide. On the other hand, that one
catacombs area I opened up was a nice self-contained area that was more
like Demon's Souls than anything else I'd seen in the game. I could rush
through to the end of the game now at nearly any time I'd want to, but
I'm sort of worried that I won't want to continue into a New Game Plus
once I do.

Want:
--=--

My Play-Asia order - Among other things, I'm waiting on physical copies
of River City Girls 2 for two different systems. I put in the order
early in December to avoid any delays related to the Lunar New Year.
They are now delayed by Lunar New Year.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $62

Monster Maker (PCE) - $4
World Stadium (PCE) - $2
Space Adventure Cobra 2 (PCECD) - $9
Wizardry V (PCECD) - $9
Necromancer (PCE) - $5
Ronde (SAT) - $15
Bahamut Senki (MD) - $15
Blade Force (3DO) - $13

Total to date - $134

-KKC, who really doesn't want to do all this reading for work today.

Re: Play Want Brrr Defer the Game (PWBE 23 Jan 2023)

<n7yzL.2052607$nwq3.58297@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1322&group=uk.games.video.misc#1322

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Play Want Brrr Defer the Game (PWBE 23 Jan 2023)
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 15:57:07 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 15:57 UTC

> The newsgroup is too cold to play on. Let's call off the game after six
> minutes and come back in a week.

Luckily I'm already posting using a high-visibility cursor.

> Play:

Minetest (Linux) - more messing about with water, and randomly-spawned
dungeons. Sometimes both at once when a bit of digging went wrong.

> Want:

Nothing.

> Bin:

Minetest dungeon spawns generally being hard to spot, despite being
surprisingly common. (The easiest way to spot most is probably abusing
noclip, at least in a solo game.) This is one of those situations
where the minimap is less useful than you'd hope, given how it works.

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Play Want Brrr Defer the Game (PWBE 23 Jan 2023)