It's a lot of fun being alive ... I wonder if my bed is made?!?

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

SubjectAuthor
* Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant takenswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendantJNugent
+* Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendantswldx...@gmail.com
> [...]
|+* Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendantJNugent
||`- Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed afterSpike
|`- Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed afterSpike
+* Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendantswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed afterSpike
+* Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendantswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed afterSpike
|+* Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendantswldx...@gmail.com
||+- Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed afterSpike
||`- Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendantswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendantJNugent

Pages:12345
Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<c0df5176-af79-4f7f-8220-60797301d5f0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13232&group=uk.rec.cycling#13232

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 05:42:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken
to hospital
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 12:42 UTC

A COURT case involving a pensioner due to be sentenced for causing the death of a cyclist did not proceed on Friday as the defendant is in hospital.

Arthur Robert Macgrillen was due to appear at Downpatrick Crown Court, sitting in Belfast, for causing the death by dangerous driving of Aidan Fitzpatrick (59).

However, the case was adjourned as the 74-year old was admitted to the Ulster Hospital on Thursday.

Macgrillen admitted charges of causing both the death of Mr Fitzpatrick by dangerous driving, and causing grievous bodily injury to a second cyclist, Ralph Mills.

The fatal collision occurred on the afternoon of Sunday October 20, 2019 on the Killyleagh Road in Downpatrick.

Mr Fitzpatrick - a father-of-five from south Belfast - was a member of La Lanterne Rouge Cycling Club and was on a club spin when he was struck by a car.

Macgrillen, from Catherine Street in Killyleagh, initially denied the charges but after changing his plea, he was due to be sentenced.

Judge Geoffrey Miller QC yesterday expressed frustration, noting that proceedings in the case began in October 2019.

"It is a matter of grave concern to me that for the 17th occasion the family have been in attendance, some of whom have travelled considerable distances, in the expectation that matters would reach a conclusion," he said.

"Once more, having built themselves up to that expectation, it appear that those expectations are going to be dashed."

He added that whilst he accepted Macgrillen had been admitted to hospital due to falls associated with his frailty, he required a more detailed report from medics - and expressed hope that sentencing could proceed in or around September 7.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2022/08/27/news/sentenced_for_causing_death_of_cyclist_delayed_after_defendant_taken_to_hospital-2810928/

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<jn3o1fFueqrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13257&group=uk.rec.cycling#13257

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant
taken to hospital
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 12:59:43 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 11:59 UTC

> A COURT case involving a pensioner due to be sentenced for causing the death of a cyclist did not proceed on Friday as the defendant is in hospital.
>
> Arthur Robert Macgrillen was due to appear at Downpatrick Crown Court, sitting in Belfast, for causing the death by dangerous driving of Aidan Fitzpatrick (59).
>
> However, the case was adjourned as the 74-year old was admitted to the Ulster Hospital on Thursday.
>
> Macgrillen admitted charges of causing both the death of Mr Fitzpatrick by dangerous driving, and causing grievous bodily injury to a second cyclist, Ralph Mills.
>
> The fatal collision occurred on the afternoon of Sunday October 20, 2019 on the Killyleagh Road in Downpatrick.
>
> Mr Fitzpatrick - a father-of-five from south Belfast - was a member of La Lanterne Rouge Cycling Club and was on a club spin when he was struck by a car.
>
> Macgrillen, from Catherine Street in Killyleagh, initially denied the charges but after changing his plea, he was due to be sentenced.
>
> Judge Geoffrey Miller QC yesterday expressed frustration, noting that proceedings in the case began in October 2019.
>
> "It is a matter of grave concern to me that for the 17th occasion the family have been in attendance, some of whom have travelled considerable distances, in the expectation that matters would reach a conclusion," he said.
>
> "Once more, having built themselves up to that expectation, it appear that those expectations are going to be dashed."
>
> He added that whilst he accepted Macgrillen had been admitted to hospital due to falls associated with his frailty, he required a more detailed report from medics - and expressed hope that sentencing could proceed in or around September 7.
>
> https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2022/08/27/news/sentenced_for_causing_death_of_cyclist_delayed_after_defendant_taken_to_hospital-2810928/

Let us all hope that the "frail" defendant survives long enough, and is
eventually fit enough, to be brought to court for sentencing.

After all, it would not do for him to escape punishment by the simple
expedient of passing away, would it?

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<2faac5df-8167-4f26-b5ed-2561dfc0b1d4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13260&group=uk.rec.cycling#13260

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 05:15:43 -0700 (PDT)
taken to hospital
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 12:15 UTC

QUOTE: He added that whilst he accepted Macgrillen had been admitted to hospital due to falls associated with his frailty, he required a more detailed report from medics - and expressed hope that sentencing could proceed in or around September 7. ENDS

You can wriggle all you like, but you can't put off the day of reckoning.

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<jn3pptF1urU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13264&group=uk.rec.cycling#13264

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
taken to hospital
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 13:29:49 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 12:29 UTC

> QUOTE: He added that whilst he accepted Macgrillen had been admitted to hospital due to falls associated with his frailty, he required a more detailed report from medics - and expressed hope that sentencing could proceed in or around September 7. ENDS

> You can wriggle all you like, but you can't put off the day of reckoning.

Contrary to what you so foolishly claim, there is one rather obvious
danger of his being to do exactly that.

But let us all wish him a long life.

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<2b8cb6d7-ef1b-46ba-9cec-5be7a30946e9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13265&group=uk.rec.cycling#13265

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 05:35:14 -0700 (PDT)
taken to hospital
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 12:35 UTC

QUOTE: In the wake of his death, Mr Fitzpatrick's family released a statement which said: "We have met Aidan's wish to donate his organs and will find comfort that five other families may gain hope from our loss." ENDS

What a remarkable family attitude - far removed from the unrepentant killer driver.

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<jn3r7aFemkU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13271&group=uk.rec.cycling#13271

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after
defendant taken to hospital
Date: 29 Aug 2022 12:54:02 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 12:54 UTC

JNugent <jennings&co@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On 27/08/2022 01:42 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> A COURT case involving a pensioner due to be sentenced for causing the
>> death of a cyclist did not proceed on Friday as the defendant is in hospital.
>>
>> Arthur Robert Macgrillen was due to appear at Downpatrick Crown Court,
>> sitting in Belfast, for causing the death by dangerous driving of Aidan Fitzpatrick (59).
>>
>> However, the case was adjourned as the 74-year old was admitted to the
>> Ulster Hospital on Thursday.
>>
>> Macgrillen admitted charges of causing both the death of Mr Fitzpatrick
>> by dangerous driving, and causing grievous bodily injury to a second cyclist, Ralph Mills.
>>
>> The fatal collision occurred on the afternoon of Sunday October 20, 2019
>> on the Killyleagh Road in Downpatrick.
>>
>> Mr Fitzpatrick - a father-of-five from south Belfast - was a member of
>> La Lanterne Rouge Cycling Club and was on a club spin when he was struck by a car.
>>
>> Macgrillen, from Catherine Street in Killyleagh, initially denied the
>> charges but after changing his plea, he was due to be sentenced.
>>
>> Judge Geoffrey Miller QC yesterday expressed frustration, noting that
>> proceedings in the case began in October 2019.
>>
>> "It is a matter of grave concern to me that for the 17th occasion the
>> family have been in attendance, some of whom have travelled considerable
>> distances, in the expectation that matters would reach a conclusion," he said.
>>
>> "Once more, having built themselves up to that expectation, it appear
>> that those expectations are going to be dashed."
>>
>> He added that whilst he accepted Macgrillen had been admitted to
>> hospital due to falls associated with his frailty, he required a more
>> detailed report from medics - and expressed hope that sentencing could
>> proceed in or around September 7.

>> https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2022/08/27/news/sentenced_for_causing_death_of_cyclist_delayed_after_defendant_taken_to_hospital-2810928/

> Let us all hope that the "frail" defendant survives long enough, and is
> eventually fit enough, to be brought to court for sentencing.

> After all, it would not do for him to escape punishment by the simple
> expedient of passing away, would it?

I wonder what Mr Arsehole would think of that?

--
Spike

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<f9b7736a-e928-4575-88db-12bc07759ef7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13272&group=uk.rec.cycling#13272

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 05:57:53 -0700 (PDT)
taken to hospital
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 12:57 UTC

On Monday, August 29, 2022 at 1:35:15 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: In the wake of his death, Mr Fitzpatrick's family released a statement which said: "We have met Aidan's wish to donate his organs and will find comfort that five other families may gain hope from our loss." ENDS
>
> What a remarkable family attitude - far removed from the unrepentant killer driver.

QUOTE: Macgrillen, from Catherine Street in Killyleagh, initially denied the charges. ENDS

What a spiteful thing to do to a family in mourning.
PLEAD GUILTY EARLY ON.

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<jn3vtjF15qpU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13284&group=uk.rec.cycling#13284

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
defendant taken to hospital
Date: 29 Aug 2022 14:14:11 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 14:14 UTC

> On Monday, August 29, 2022 at 1:35:15 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> QUOTE: In the wake of his death, Mr Fitzpatrick's family released a
>> statement which said: "We have met Aidan's wish to donate his organs and
>> will find comfort that five other families may gain hope from our loss." ENDS

>> What a remarkable family attitude - far removed from the unrepentant killer driver.

> QUOTE: Macgrillen, from Catherine Street in Killyleagh, initially denied the charges. ENDS

> What a spiteful thing to do to a family in mourning.
> PLEAD GUILTY EARLY ON.

Has M’lud an urgent appointment elsewhere?

--
Spike

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<a4a11ff2-3bd5-49f1-9cfa-d5941e7a3462n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13288&group=uk.rec.cycling#13288

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 08:31:09 -0700 (PDT)
taken to hospital
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 15:31 UTC

On Monday, August 29, 2022 at 1:57:55 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, August 29, 2022 at 1:35:15 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > QUOTE: In the wake of his death, Mr Fitzpatrick's family released a statement which said: "We have met Aidan's wish to donate his organs and will find comfort that five other families may gain hope from our loss." ENDS
> >
> > What a remarkable family attitude - far removed from the unrepentant killer driver.
> QUOTE: Macgrillen, from Catherine Street in Killyleagh, initially denied the charges. ENDS
>
> What a spiteful thing to do to a family in mourning.
> PLEAD GUILTY EARLY ON.

We will see what effect this "not guilty" plea has on his jail sentence a week on Wednesday.

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<jn45bqF21ihU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13290&group=uk.rec.cycling#13290

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
taken to hospital
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 16:47:05 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 15:47 UTC

swldx...@gmail.com [speaking to himself again] wrote:

> swldx...@gmail.com wrote [speaking to himself again]:
>> swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> QUOTE: In the wake of his death, Mr Fitzpatrick's family released a statement which said: "We have met Aidan's wish to donate his organs and will find comfort that five other families may gain hope from our loss." ENDS
>
>>> What a remarkable family attitude - far removed from the unrepentant killer driver.

>> QUOTE: Macgrillen, from Catherine Street in Killyleagh, initially denied the charges. ENDS
>> What a spiteful thing to do to a family in mourning.
>> PLEAD GUILTY EARLY ON.
>
> We will see what effect this "not guilty" plea has on his jail sentence a week on Wednesday.

If he survives that long and/or if he is fit enough to attend. As a
frail septuagenarian hospitalised because of injuries occasioned in a
fall, it is always possible that he may not.

That would disappoint ghouls like you, wouldn't it?

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<00c111be-0c2b-4d61-937c-30c78fd59831n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13291&group=uk.rec.cycling#13291

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 09:19:27 -0700 (PDT)
taken to hospital
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 16:19 UTC

QUOTE: Arthur Robert Macgrillen, who turns 74 next month, appeared at Downpatrick Crown Court sitting in Belfast via a videolink on Monday.

From Catherine Street in Killyleagh, Macgrillen spoke to confirm his name. He was then charged with causing the death of Mr Fitzpatrick by driving dangerously on the Killyleagh Road in Downpatrick on October 20, 2019.

When the charge was put to Macgrillen, he replied 'not guilty.' He also denied a charge of causing grievous bodily injury to a second cyclist by driving dangerously on the same road on the same date. ENDS

Those "not guilty" pleas will return to haunt you, old fella.
When will you killers learn?

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<jn485oF2dhnU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13292&group=uk.rec.cycling#13292

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
taken to hospital
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 17:35:04 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 16:35 UTC

> QUOTE: Arthur Robert Macgrillen, who turns 74 next month, appeared at Downpatrick Crown Court sitting in Belfast via a videolink on Monday.
>
> From Catherine Street in Killyleagh, Macgrillen spoke to confirm his name. He was then charged with causing the death of Mr Fitzpatrick by driving dangerously on the Killyleagh Road in Downpatrick on October 20, 2019.
>
> When the charge was put to Macgrillen, he replied 'not guilty.' He also denied a charge of causing grievous bodily injury to a second cyclist by driving dangerously on the same road on the same date. ENDS
>
> Those "not guilty" pleas will return to haunt you, old fella.
> When will you killers learn?

You said he'd pleaded guilty.

Were you lying?

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<e2e9cb69-6a22-45fb-a2eb-76fea4883aecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13293&group=uk.rec.cycling#13293

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 09:47:08 -0700 (PDT)
taken to hospital
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 16:47 UTC

QUOTE: Judge Miller said: "Clearly cases of this nature are particularly sensitive and the court is conscious obviously of the defendant's rights, but also to the fact there is a grieving family, and they need closure." ENDS

Damn right they do - they've been pissed about for three years already when he could have pleaded guilty at the very start.

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<jn4a7aF2p3jU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13294&group=uk.rec.cycling#13294

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
defendant taken to hospital
Date: 29 Aug 2022 17:10:02 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 17:10 UTC

> QUOTE: Arthur Robert Macgrillen, who turns 74 next month, appeared at
> Downpatrick Crown Court sitting in Belfast via a videolink on Monday.

> From Catherine Street in Killyleagh, Macgrillen spoke to confirm his
> name. He was then charged with causing the death of Mr Fitzpatrick by
> driving dangerously on the Killyleagh Road in Downpatrick on October 20, 2019.

> When the charge was put to Macgrillen, he replied 'not guilty.' He also
> denied a charge of causing grievous bodily injury to a second cyclist by
> driving dangerously on the same road on the same date. ENDS

> Those "not guilty" pleas will return to haunt you, old fella.
> When will you killers learn?

Your OP states that he changed his plea.

Don’t you read the reports you post?

--
Spike

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<7a614921-51a7-4a8e-8232-d65b42eca87cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13295&group=uk.rec.cycling#13295

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 10:21:13 -0700 (PDT)
taken to hospital
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 17:21 UTC

QUOTE: After his client entered the pleas, defence barrister Eugene Grant QC informed Judge Geoffrey Miller QC that Macgrillen is due undergo a medical assessment in the coming weeks, and that a report would be available following this consultation. ENDS

The start of the endless series of wriggling due to come to an end next week.

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<jn4gfaF3nviU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13297&group=uk.rec.cycling#13297

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
defendant taken to hospital
Date: 29 Aug 2022 18:56:42 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 18:56 UTC

> QUOTE: After his client entered the pleas, defence barrister Eugene Grant
> QC informed Judge Geoffrey Miller QC that Macgrillen is due undergo a
> medical assessment in the coming weeks, and that a report would be
> available following this consultation. ENDS

> The start of the endless series of wriggling due to come to an end next week.

If the start of the wriggling is due to end next week, can we say that this
not the end, it is not the beginning of the end, but it is the end of the
beginning?

--
Spike

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<64885092-5676-44d4-8593-ae5ff8b2d3b9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13298&group=uk.rec.cycling#13298

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 12:09:46 -0700 (PDT)
taken to hospital
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 19:09 UTC

QUOTE: "It is a matter of grave concern to me that for the 17th occasion the family have been in attendance, some of whom have travelled considerable distances, in the expectation that matters would reach a conclusion," he said. ENDS

This idiot killer driver has pissed about the mourners SEVENTEEN TIMES so far?
He deserves all that's coming to him next week.

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<jn4llqF4i9sU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13299&group=uk.rec.cycling#13299

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
defendant taken to hospital
Date: 29 Aug 2022 20:25:30 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 20:25 UTC

> QUOTE: "It is a matter of grave concern to me that for the 17th occasion
> the family have been in attendance, some of whom have travelled
> considerable distances, in the expectation that matters would reach a
> conclusion," he said. ENDS

> This idiot killer driver has pissed about the mourners SEVENTEEN TIMES so far?
> He deserves all that's coming to him next week.

Is M’lud saying “Fuck the legal process, hang the bastard”?

--
Spike

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<4592bf96-ffcc-43ce-ae70-772360c132c5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13300&group=uk.rec.cycling#13300

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 13:35:59 -0700 (PDT)
taken to hospital
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 20:35 UTC

QUOTE: Arthur Robert Macgrillen, who turns 74 next month, appeared at Downpatrick Crown Court sitting in Belfast via a videolink. ENDS

Was the videolink connected to the criminal's cell?

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<jn65haFblcbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13301&group=uk.rec.cycling#13301

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
defendant taken to hospital
Date: 30 Aug 2022 10:02:18 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 10:02 UTC

> QUOTE: Arthur Robert Macgrillen, who turns 74 next month, appeared at
> Downpatrick Crown Court sitting in Belfast via a videolink. ENDS

> Was the videolink connected to the criminal's cell?

The video link was doubtless connected to the electricity supply and a data
network.

--
Spike

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<2b340006-b756-4483-9e6d-91058bf6f0f0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13302&group=uk.rec.cycling#13302

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 03:11:57 -0700 (PDT)
taken to hospital
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 10:11 UTC

QUOTE: Judge Miller set the date for trial as June 6 and said he would review the case again on March 21. He then addressed Macgrillen on the link and said: "You are released on continuing bail at this time." ENDS

Was this video link not in his jail then? How odd.

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<d3bf40dd-007f-45fb-9f5d-628e99861c7an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13303&group=uk.rec.cycling#13303

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 03:15:20 -0700 (PDT)
taken to hospital
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 10:15 UTC

QUOTE: A pensioner is to stand trial later this year after he denied causing the death by dangerous driving of cyclist Aidan Fitzpatrick. ENDS

Why did he later plead guilty then if he denied it at the first trial?
That's perjury that is.

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<jn68uvFc6f0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13304&group=uk.rec.cycling#13304

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
defendant taken to hospital
Date: 30 Aug 2022 11:00:48 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 11:00 UTC

> QUOTE: Judge Miller set the date for trial as June 6 and said he would
> review the case again on March 21. He then addressed Macgrillen on the
> link and said: "You are released on continuing bail at this time." ENDS

> Was this video link not in his jail then? How odd.

"You are released on continuing bail at this time” should give you a clue
as to the answer to your question. 🙄

--
Spike

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<jn68v0Fc6f0U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13305&group=uk.rec.cycling#13305

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
defendant taken to hospital
Date: 30 Aug 2022 11:00:48 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 11:00 UTC

> QUOTE: A pensioner is to stand trial later this year after he denied
> causing the death by dangerous driving of cyclist Aidan Fitzpatrick. ENDS

> Why did he later plead guilty then if he denied it at the first trial?

Perhaps he took legal advice from one of the group of people you constantly
refer to as Mr Arsehole. 🙄

> That's perjury that is.

Of course, M’lud. Bang to rights.🙄

--
Spike

Re: Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital

<fd7e2ea9-c866-43ce-b317-6a4eda530dfdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13306&group=uk.rec.cycling#13306

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 06:52:37 -0700 (PDT)
taken to hospital
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 13:52 UTC

QUOTE: A PENSIONER is to stand trial later this year after he denied causing the death by dangerous driving of cyclist Aidan Fitzpatrick. ENDS

21FEB22. Denial of responsibility for a death.
27AUG22. Admitted guilt of the killing.

6 months - must have preyed on his mind all that time.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Sentenced for causing death of cyclist delayed after defendant taken to hospital