"I'd love to go out with you, but it's my parakeet's bowling night."

aus+uk / aus.cars / tyre pressures

SubjectAuthor
* tyre pressuresYosemite Sam
`* tyre pressuresXeno
 +* tyre pressuresXeno
 |`- tyre pressuresYosemite Sam
 `* tyre pressuresYosemite Sam
  `* tyre pressuresClocky
   +- tyre pressuresXeno
   `* tyre pressuresYosemite Sam
    +* tyre pressuresXeno
    |`* tyre pressuresYosemite Sam
    | `- tyre pressuresXeno
    `* tyre pressuresClocky
     `- tyre pressuresClocky

1
tyre pressures

<jate9hF2kttU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13345&group=aus.cars#13345

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: tyre pressures
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 21:23:08 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 11:23 UTC

I was traveling in a car this week that was riding like it had no
suspension. I asked the driver if he'd checked the tyre pressure. he
told me he had done two advanced driving courses and the instructors
tell you never to run tyre pressure at less than 45 psi, and ever since
then he has run his tyres at 50 psi! he said that on the course they
prove to you it's the safest pressure to run. who could argue with
experts, but it seems crazy to me to be constantly driving without any
ride comfort whatsoever just to avoid the unlikely possibility that your
tyre pressure will help you avoid an accident.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just read
like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"- Xeno on Grubby Tech
"You cannot turn Darren's lies into the truth by attempting to *discredit*
what *I* say. You just make yourself look more of a dick"- Xeno to Grubby Tech

Re: tyre pressures

<jatl2aF3sunU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13346&group=aus.cars#13346

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: tyre pressures
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 23:16:56 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 13:16 UTC

On 3/4/2022 9:23 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> I was traveling in a car this week that was riding like it had no
> suspension. I asked the driver if he'd checked the tyre pressure. he
> told me he had done two advanced driving courses and the instructors
> tell you never to run tyre pressure at less than 45 psi, and ever since
> then he has run his tyres at 50 psi! he said that on the course they
> prove to you it's the safest pressure to run. who could argue with
> experts, but it seems crazy to me to be constantly driving without any
> ride comfort whatsoever just to avoid the unlikely possibility that your
> tyre pressure will help you avoid an accident.

I run 36/32 on both our cars, more at the rear if I'm going on a trip
laden. Speaking of trips, I'm getting a bit of pressure to do a Brissie
trip soon. Will have some guests from Olinda dropping in for a visit
next month as well.

50 psi will just exacerbate tread centre wear. It also means the sipes
will have less pressure applied to them.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: tyre pressures

<jato33F4fdhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13347&group=aus.cars#13347

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 00:08:32 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 14:08 UTC

On 3/4/2022 11:16 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 3/4/2022 9:23 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> I was traveling in a car this week that was riding like it had no
>> suspension. I asked the driver if he'd checked the tyre pressure. he
>> told me he had done two advanced driving courses and the instructors
>> tell you never to run tyre pressure at less than 45 psi, and ever
>> since then he has run his tyres at 50 psi! he said that on the course
>> they prove to you it's the safest pressure to run. who could argue
>> with experts, but it seems crazy to me to be constantly driving
>> without any ride comfort whatsoever just to avoid the unlikely
>> possibility that your tyre pressure will help you avoid an accident.
>>
> I run 36/32 on both our cars, more at the rear if I'm going on a trip
> laden. Speaking of trips, I'm getting a bit of pressure to do a Brissie
> trip soon. Will have some guests from Olinda dropping in for a visit
> next month as well.
>
> 50 psi will just exacerbate tread centre wear. It also means the sipes
> will have less pressure applied to them.

A little graphic follow-up to clarify;

https://media.torque.com.sg/public/2019/03/02-tyre-inflation-en-data.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPvNSkl3aVXJqZtSXwzFOIC9XzWC2uCf2pJw&usqp=CAU

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVwm-Y6mJhlBKnp8Dm1y7IrwAcH6aCIam_Pt2d_SKyk3J_6Q6CIETpd3lcsu46db4XIiA&usqp=CAU

The images should be self explanatory and the internet is full of them.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: tyre pressures

<jauub9Fbil5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13348&group=aus.cars#13348

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 11:01:27 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 01:01 UTC

On 4/04/2022 12:08 am, Xeno wrote:
> On 3/4/2022 11:16 pm, Xeno wrote:
>> On 3/4/2022 9:23 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> I was traveling in a car this week that was riding like it had no
>>> suspension. I asked the driver if he'd checked the tyre pressure. he
>>> told me he had done two advanced driving courses and the instructors
>>> tell you never to run tyre pressure at less than 45 psi, and ever
>>> since then he has run his tyres at 50 psi! he said that on the
>>> course they prove to you it's the safest pressure to run. who could
>>> argue with experts, but it seems crazy to me to be constantly
>>> driving without any ride comfort whatsoever just to avoid the
>>> unlikely possibility that your tyre pressure will help you avoid an
>>> accident.
>>>
>> I run 36/32 on both our cars, more at the rear if I'm going on a trip
>> laden. Speaking of trips, I'm getting a bit of pressure to do a
>> Brissie trip soon. Will have some guests from Olinda dropping in for
>> a visit next month as well.
>>
>> 50 psi will just exacerbate tread centre wear. It also means the
>> sipes will have less pressure applied to them.
>>
> A little graphic follow-up to clarify;
>
> https://media.torque.com.sg/public/2019/03/02-tyre-inflation-en-data.jpg
>
> https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPvNSkl3aVXJqZtSXwzFOIC9XzWC2uCf2pJw&usqp=CAU
>

> https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVwm-Y6mJhlBKnp8Dm1y7IrwAcH6aCIam_Pt2d_SKyk3J_6Q6CIETpd3lcsu46db4XIiA&usqp=CAU
>

> The images should be self explanatory and the internet is full of them.

yes I was aware of how tyre tread deforms at under and over inflation.
makes me wonder why the advanced driver courses tell you to run at 45
psi and above. just seems crazy to me. it was horrible traveling in that
car. and with four ppl in it didn't make it ride any better.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just read
like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"- Xeno on Grubby Tech
"You cannot turn Darren's lies into the truth by attempting to *discredit*
what *I* say. You just make yourself look more of a dick"- Xeno to Grubby Tech

Re: tyre pressures

<jauuigFbjrhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13349&group=aus.cars#13349

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 11:05:18 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 01:05 UTC

On 3/04/2022 11:16 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 3/4/2022 9:23 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> I was traveling in a car this week that was riding like it had no
>> suspension. I asked the driver if he'd checked the tyre pressure. he
>> told me he had done two advanced driving courses and the instructors
>> tell you never to run tyre pressure at less than 45 psi, and ever
>> since then he has run his tyres at 50 psi! he said that on the course
>> they prove to you it's the safest pressure to run. who could argue
>> with experts, but it seems crazy to me to be constantly driving
>> without any ride comfort whatsoever just to avoid the unlikely
>> possibility that your tyre pressure will help you avoid an accident.
>>
> I run 36/32 on both our cars, more at the rear if I'm going on a trip
> laden. Speaking of trips, I'm getting a bit of pressure to do a
> Brissie trip soon. Will have some guests from Olinda dropping in for a
> visit next month as well.

just got back from NSW short holiday myself. :) at the last service the
dealer set the tyres on the Lancer at 38 psi. I going to run them at 34
psi, which is what Clocky recommended.

> 50 psi will just exacerbate tread centre wear. It also means the sipes
> will have less pressure applied to them.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just read
like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"- Xeno on Grubby Tech
"You cannot turn Darren's lies into the truth by attempting to *discredit*
what *I* say. You just make yourself look more of a dick"- Xeno to Grubby Tech

Re: tyre pressures

<t2djrf$dba$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13350&group=aus.cars#13350

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 10:06:38 +0800
 by: Clocky - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 02:06 UTC

On 4/04/2022 9:05 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 3/04/2022 11:16 pm, Xeno wrote:
>> On 3/4/2022 9:23 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> I was traveling in a car this week that was riding like it had no
>>> suspension. I asked the driver if he'd checked the tyre pressure. he
>>> told me he had done two advanced driving courses and the instructors
>>> tell you never to run tyre pressure at less than 45 psi, and ever
>>> since then he has run his tyres at 50 psi! he said that on the course
>>> they prove to you it's the safest pressure to run. who could argue
>>> with experts, but it seems crazy to me to be constantly driving
>>> without any ride comfort whatsoever just to avoid the unlikely
>>> possibility that your tyre pressure will help you avoid an accident.
>>>
>> I run 36/32 on both our cars, more at the rear if I'm going on a trip
>> laden. Speaking of trips, I'm getting a bit of pressure to do a
>> Brissie trip soon. Will have some guests from Olinda dropping in for a
>> visit next month as well.
>

> just got back from NSW short holiday myself. :) at the last service the
> dealer set the tyres on the Lancer at 38 psi. I going to run them at 34
> psi, which is what Clocky recommended.

The driving instructor is clueless. You follow the recommendations from
the vehicle and tyre manufacturer.
It's not "safer" to run your tyres 16-18PSI over recommended pressure
for all sorts of reasons.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if

Re: tyre pressures

<jav473Fcj6qU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13351&group=aus.cars#13351

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 12:41:35 +1000
 by: Xeno - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 02:41 UTC

On 4/4/2022 12:06 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 4/04/2022 9:05 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> I run 36/32 on both our cars, more at the rear if I'm going on a trip
>>> laden. Speaking of trips, I'm getting a bit of pressure to do a
>>> Brissie trip soon. Will have some guests from Olinda dropping in for
>>> a visit next month as well.
>>

>> just got back from NSW short holiday myself. :) at the last service
>> the dealer set the tyres on the Lancer at 38 psi. I going to run them
>> at 34 psi, which is what Clocky recommended.
>>

> The driving instructor is clueless. You follow the recommendations from
> the vehicle and tyre manufacturer.
> It's not "safer" to run your tyres 16-18PSI over recommended pressure
> for all sorts of reasons.

Indeed it isn't. The only reason you really ever need to run an
increased pressure over factory recommended is when you are carrying an
increased load. That pressure increase compensates for the extra
deformation under the increased load.

What has to be said is that pressure changes can alter slip angles which
can, in turn, alter the *balance* of the vehicle, its *handling*! This
is not something that the average driver should approach lightly. Most,
for instance, have no clue what slip angles even are nor do they
understand their role in handling. For that reason, a professional
driver/instructor should *not* be advising variance in tyre pressures
for anything other than increased lading. For instance, the recommended
pressure on my Toy are 36F/35R. I use 36F/32R because my car usually has
just the driver so the factory setting for the rear is a tad much and
make the car slightly tail happy. Dropping the rear pressures alters
that contact patch and, hence, the slip angles of the rear tyres
bringing balance back to the handling. The downside, I need to pump up
the rears if I'm going on a trip with any sort of lading above one or
two persons.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: tyre pressures

<jav82pFd7t0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13352&group=aus.cars#13352

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 13:47:36 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 03:47 UTC

On 4/04/2022 12:06 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 4/04/2022 9:05 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> I run 36/32 on both our cars, more at the rear if I'm going on a
>>> trip laden. Speaking of trips, I'm getting a bit of pressure to do a
>>> Brissie trip soon. Will have some guests from Olinda dropping in for
>>> a visit next month as well.
>>

>> just got back from NSW short holiday myself. :) at the last service
>> the dealer set the tyres on the Lancer at 38 psi. I going to run them
>> at 34 psi, which is what Clocky recommended.
>>

> The driving instructor is clueless. You follow the recommendations
> from the vehicle and tyre manufacturer.
> It's not "safer" to run your tyres 16-18PSI over recommended pressure
> for all sorts of reasons.

apparently they take you thru their obstacle course with normal tyre
pressures, then with the inflated pressure, and the performance of the
vehicle is so much better. even so, I would rather have a comfortable
ride running normal tyre pressures.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just read
like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"- Xeno on Grubby Tech
"You cannot turn Darren's lies into the truth by attempting to *discredit*
what *I* say. You just make yourself look more of a dick"- Xeno to Grubby Tech

Re: tyre pressures

<javb6sFdq8fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13353&group=aus.cars#13353

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 14:40:57 +1000
 by: Xeno - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 04:40 UTC

On 4/4/2022 1:47 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 4/04/2022 12:06 pm, Clocky wrote:

>>> just got back from NSW short holiday myself. :) at the last service
>>> the dealer set the tyres on the Lancer at 38 psi. I going to run them
>>> at 34 psi, which is what Clocky recommended.
>>>

>> The driving instructor is clueless. You follow the recommendations
>> from the vehicle and tyre manufacturer.
>> It's not "safer" to run your tyres 16-18PSI over recommended pressure
>> for all sorts of reasons.
>>

> apparently they take you thru their obstacle course with normal tyre
> pressures, then with the inflated pressure, and the performance of the
> vehicle is so much better. even so, I would rather have a comfortable
> ride running normal tyre pressures.

Not to mention an extended tyre life. Overinflation wears out the centre
of the tread first, as would be apparent from the image links I posted.
A *good driver*, one who is cognisant of handling characteristics and
knows the car well, can improve upon factory tyre inflation settings, as
I do, but the downside, if you go to extremes, is as you have noted - a
harsh ride (amongst other negatives).

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: tyre pressures

<t2e14m$fpu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13357&group=aus.cars#13357

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 13:53:14 +0800
 by: Clocky - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 05:53 UTC

On 4/04/2022 11:47 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 4/04/2022 12:06 pm, Clocky wrote:

>>> just got back from NSW short holiday myself. :) at the last service
>>> the dealer set the tyres on the Lancer at 38 psi. I going to run them
>>> at 34 psi, which is what Clocky recommended.
>>>

>> The driving instructor is clueless. You follow the recommendations
>> from the vehicle and tyre manufacturer.
>> It's not "safer" to run your tyres 16-18PSI over recommended pressure
>> for all sorts of reasons.
>>

> apparently they take you thru their obstacle course with normal tyre
> pressures, then with the inflated pressure, and the performance of the
> vehicle is so much better. even so, I would rather have a comfortable
> ride running normal tyre pressures.

Yep learnt to drive with the normal characteristics of the vehicle and
comfort level. A driving instructor cannot and should not make the
blanket call that increasing tyre pressures make the car safer. It
depends on the make/model/type of vehicle, when and where it is driven
and under what conditions.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if
it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: tyre pressures

<t2e179$fpu$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13358&group=aus.cars#13358

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 13:54:49 +0800
 by: Clocky - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 05:54 UTC

On 4/04/2022 1:53 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 4/04/2022 11:47 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> The driving instructor is clueless. You follow the recommendations
>>> from the vehicle and tyre manufacturer.
>>> It's not "safer" to run your tyres 16-18PSI over recommended pressure
>>> for all sorts of reasons.
>>>

>> apparently they take you thru their obstacle course with normal tyre
>> pressures, then with the inflated pressure, and the performance of the
>> vehicle is so much better. even so, I would rather have a comfortable
>> ride running normal tyre pressures.
>>

> Yep learnt to drive

That should say "learn" to drive.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if
it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: tyre pressures

<javgthFeo0kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13361&group=aus.cars#13361

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 16:18:25 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 06:18 UTC

On 4/04/2022 2:40 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 4/4/2022 1:47 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> The driving instructor is clueless. You follow the recommendations
>>> from the vehicle and tyre manufacturer.
>>> It's not "safer" to run your tyres 16-18PSI over recommended
>>> pressure for all sorts of reasons.
>>>

>> apparently they take you thru their obstacle course with normal tyre
>> pressures, then with the inflated pressure, and the performance of
>> the vehicle is so much better. even so, I would rather have a
>> comfortable ride running normal tyre pressures.
>>
> Not to mention an extended tyre life. Overinflation wears out the
> centre of the tread first, as would be apparent from the image links I
> posted. A *good driver*, one who is cognisant of handling
> characteristics and knows the car well, can improve upon factory tyre
> inflation settings, as I do, but the downside, if you go to extremes,
> is as you have noted - a harsh ride

an *extremely* harsh ride. it was like sitting on a house brick with
wheels traveling at 100 klmph!

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just read
like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"- Xeno on Grubby Tech
"You cannot turn Darren's lies into the truth by attempting to *discredit*
what *I* say. You just make yourself look more of a dick"- Xeno to Grubby Tech

Re: tyre pressures

<javmocFfuk0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=13367&group=aus.cars#13367

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 17:58:01 +1000
 by: Xeno - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 07:58 UTC

On 4/4/2022 4:18 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 4/04/2022 2:40 pm, Xeno wrote:

>>> apparently they take you thru their obstacle course with normal tyre
>>> pressures, then with the inflated pressure, and the performance of
>>> the vehicle is so much better. even so, I would rather have a
>>> comfortable ride running normal tyre pressures.
>>>
>> Not to mention an extended tyre life. Overinflation wears out the
>> centre of the tread first, as would be apparent from the image links I
>> posted. A *good driver*, one who is cognisant of handling
>> characteristics and knows the car well, can improve upon factory tyre
>> inflation settings, as I do, but the downside, if you go to extremes,
>> is as you have noted - a harsh ride
>

> an *extremely* harsh ride. it was like sitting on a house brick with
> wheels traveling at 100 klmph!

Remember too, whatever pressure you set the tyres at when cold, that
pressure will *increase* as the tyre warms up. So you start with 50 psi
and it could conceivably increase to 55 after 20 minutes of driving,
more after driving that length of time at freeway speeds. Tyre pressure
varies by ~1 psi for every 15 degree tyre temperature change