From: NOTsome...@microsoft.com (GB)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: BT Mini Home Wifi Mesh
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 13:31:38 +0100
 by: GB - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 12:31 UTC

I have a Fritzbox router, and I have just bought some BT mesh discs.
(Yes, why mix the old BT tech with the newer Fritzbox, but that's a
discussion we've had at home, so let's move on.)

Anyway, can I leave the Fritzbox wifi on, or do I have to turn it off?

Re: BT Mini Home Wifi Mesh

<iovj0lFksioU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1336&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#1336

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: Re: BT Mini Home Wifi Mesh
Date: 28 Aug 2021 20:01:25 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 20:01 UTC

On 28 Aug 2021 at 13:31:38 BST, "GB" <NOTsomeone@microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a Fritzbox router, and I have just bought some BT mesh discs.
> (Yes, why mix the old BT tech with the newer Fritzbox, but that's a
> discussion we've had at home, so let's move on.)
>
> Anyway, can I leave the Fritzbox wifi on, or do I have to turn it off?

As you prefer. Few/no devices that are given creds to both will roam
across both though.

I'd turn the Fritz! wifi off in order to produce a cleaner RF
environment for the mesh to work in.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
If you can't measure it, it's not science.

Re: BT Mini Home Wifi Mesh

<sgfnac$cem$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1337&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#1337

From: NOTsome...@microsoft.com (GB)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 11:25:17 +0100
 by: GB - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 10:25 UTC

On 28/08/2021 21:01, Jaimie Vandenbergh wrote:
> On 28 Aug 2021 at 13:31:38 BST, "GB" <NOTsomeone@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> I have a Fritzbox router, and I have just bought some BT mesh discs.
>> (Yes, why mix the old BT tech with the newer Fritzbox, but that's a
>> discussion we've had at home, so let's move on.)
>>
>> Anyway, can I leave the Fritzbox wifi on, or do I have to turn it off?
>
> As you prefer. Few/no devices that are given creds to both will roam
> across both though.

I turned it off for setup, but it seems to be okay with both running at
the moment. Hopefully, that will satisfy the purists, who want the
fastest connection, whilst filling in the dead spots around the house,
for those who just want to be connected.